4x4 tent

Up to four in five gallon bags. Can you get at the plants from the front and rear of the tent? If you need to move the bags to work on the plants, you'll shift the soil damaging the roots. You may be better off with airpots if this is the case.

Just starting a 4x4 grow tent with photoperiod seeds and will eventually end up in 5 gallon bags my question is how many pants should I grow in this tent ? Any information would be welcoming
Depends on how long you want to veg and flower them...I've had 6+ plants in a 4x4...

Are you growing in soil, or using a soilless mixture like coco? For coco a 5 gallon bag is enough for four plants. I made my own 'caged grow bags' to avoid root damage when moving the plants around. Recently I added automatic watering to the mix. The home-made dripper rings (squares?) are fastened to more of the cage material to clip over the cages. That material is wonderful for training.

full

Caged Grow Bags

full

Dripper Support - Also Provides Places to Tie Branches for Training

Are you growing in soil, or using a soilless mixture like coco? For coco a 5 gallon bag is enough for four plants. I made my own 'caged grow bags' to avoid root damage when moving the plants around. Recently I added automatic watering to the mix. The home-made dripper rings (squares?) are fastened to more of the cage material to clip over the cages. That material is wonderful for training.

full

Caged Grow Bags

full

Dripper Support - Also Provides Places to Tie Branches for Training
Love these...super smart and space efficient. Did you buy square bags and build the cages or vice versa?

Iv ran coco since day one and found this works perfect, as for the soil times, that is an average guess as im running soil now so i wont be far wrong give or take a week, hope this helps :).

Coco 4 plants at 6 weeks veg 20-25L pots.

Coco 9 plants at 3 weeks veg 11-16L pots.

Soil 4 Plants at 8 weeks veg 20-25L pots.

Soil 4 plants at 4 weeks veg 11-16L pots.

Love these...super smart and space efficient. Did you buy square bags and build the cages or vice versa?
I made everything. The bags were sewn from SCOTTS 25-Year Pro Fabric (landscape fabric).

Hey Blew can you go into more detail about the drip system. I've been looking into this but am not what you'd call handy. I grow four plants in a 4x4 but am trying to make life easier...b/c I'm lazy at heart. Thanks in advance
@Old Salt did the drip, drip, drip... :)

I’m in a 4x4, and had 5 plants in 5g smart pots. I had to give one up. There’s no way I could keep the 5th. My canopy is wall to wall, and even then it’s tight. Everything kinda squished in there...

And 7g I think would be overkill.

Attachments

• 6C30D40D-4EDB-4702-917E-7D6F00B4333F.jpeg
    6C30D40D-4EDB-4702-917E-7D6F00B4333F.jpeg
    819.4 KB · Views: 64
If going to grow on soil then 5 gallon pots should be fine. I grow in a 39"×39" tent. And 4 plants in 3-5 gallon pots works good for me. More soil means more dirt, more water, more plants taking up space. Just try to even your canopy out as much as possible through training and topping. But if not, im still pretty sure you'd have no problem filling a 4×4 space with 4 plants in 5 gallon pots. Any more than that may be overkill. But there is always someone who will disagree.
Good luck. Im out. Sparks.

Back
Top Bottom