500 Gallon Smart Pot Outdoor Grow Journal 2014: Growing Dank

Blue dream will still be an amazing sativa dom high. That 818 headband is interesting. When I had some sent over It was dense like a Indica but the High Was a perfect hybrid that lived up to its name. I want to grow this strain next So I'm following your developments :D Hopefully yours is that SourD pheno smell

Morning Update
IMG_029421.JPG

Blue Dream Haze
IMG_032021.JPG

Blue Dream Haze
IMG_031924.JPG

Blue Dream Haze
IMG_031530.JPG

Sage'N'Sour
IMG_030428.JPG

Sage'N'Sour
IMG_030834.JPG

818 Headband
IMG_030132.JPG

818 Headband
IMG_029730.JPG

Blue Dream
IMG_032428.JPG

Blue Dream
IMG_032834.JPG

Blue Dream
IMG_033236.JPG

absolutley gorgeous. how long till harvest and what part of the world are these being grown?

Dankgirl, question about the smart pots not getting watered all the way like you talked about earlier. How much do you think this is effecting the plants? Would they be even bigger if properly water?!?! Hard to imagine any bigger just curious when i see only the small rings getting watered. The roots have to be out farther than the rings right?

P.S. Those buds are beautiful!!!!!! :thumb:

It greatly effects root space, I'm basically only using about 300 of the 500 gallons available in the smart pot. I would of done 300 gallons smart pots or something if I would of know I would of been so limited on water. Next year will be much more planning, I'm planning on filling reservoirs over winter to store for next year. If I added a 3rd ring plants would be way more bushier. Instead like the 818 Headband it is growing deep into the ground and causing the plant to become tall, instead of insane bushy and tall. The roots will not go past where it has been soaked, cause they would get dried out.
Thanks for support

Dankgirl, question about the smart pots not getting watered all the way like you talked about earlier. How much do you think this is effecting the plants? Would they be even bigger if properly water?!?! Hard to imagine any bigger just curious when i see only the small rings getting watered. The roots have to be out farther than the rings right?

P.S. Those buds are beautiful!!!!!! :thumb:

Awesome trees you have there! Curious, why won't you share more information about feeding/nutrients, etc? Yeah, I get that it takes a long time to figure things out but what's the value in not sharing what you've learned?

I've already said what I'm using for nutrients. Anyone that can read a label can use it. I'm not here to baby everyone on how to grow, I'm still trying to figure it out myself.

Awesome trees you have there! Curious, why won't you share more information about feeding/nutrients, etc? Yeah, I get that it takes a long time to figure things out but what's the value in not sharing what you've learned?

Understood, the only reason I asked is because this plant saved my life and if it wasn't for the generosity of others sharing what they had learned I either wouldn't be here to post or at a minimum I'd be in a very bad way. Jack had it right that if anything could save the world it's cannabis. Anyhow, I'll be doing the best I can to share any valuable information I learn because it's not going to do me or anyone any good if I take it to the grave with me. Good luck with that incredible harvest you're going to have.

hey quick question. I know you said theres other plants back there that arnt yours. Do they have a journal too? Just love looking at big plants. Also how come growing dank posted in the begining is that just you nd you changed your name? just curious. Looking great!

Ehhhh Dank Girl, well done.!
great journal so far and looking forward to the final outcome although it has already served the purpose i was looking for which was an outdoor grow using the 818 which i had been considering growing out of about 20 other varieties i have managed to accumulate over the last year or so.
and yes i must admit although a 20 + year veteran of both indoors and outdoor guerilla style growing what you have is identical to what i want to try and achieve this year so very envious although very happy for you as well.

Now i do have a couple of questions though, with respect to your soil although i am aware you have blended a shit load of perlite in the mix are you able to confirm exactly what the blend is composed of?
Also i notice you have shade during certain times of the day so how many hours of direct sunlight are you actually getting throughout the entire day?

thanks, great journal and keep up the great work..!

No, the person growing the other plants has no idea what he is doing, he watches what I do and tries to copy me. He doesn't know crap about growing. He is growing only for greed.
I changed forum names cause I like this name more.

hey quick question. I know you said theres other plants back there that arnt yours. Do they have a journal too? Just love looking at big plants. Also how come growing dank posted in the begining is that just you nd you changed your name? just curious. Looking great!

Lol, that would be funny. I'm on my bulking nutrients so no experimenting going on. He gave me that 1 blue dream clone I'm growing, and my 1 blue dream plant is bigger than all 6 of his blue dreams combined. My buds are double size of his same exact clone plant.

you should act like you are adding something to your plants and see if he does it. that way you can experiment through him so you don't kill your plants. that way you know what might work or not. be funny to see that happen.

you just have the magic touch. Plus it also helps that you know what you are doing. I think i killed my big plant it just stopped growing on me and stop making the buds develop it looks like. its a shame cause it was doing so good then it went without water for to long i guess now it looks like its on its way out. oh well always next year i guess.

Thank you for the support. 818 Headband is by far my most favorite plant I have ever grown. I kept a mother for future grows.
I bought premium soil in bulk from local excavating, I lost list that has everything in the soil. I know it has worm castings, food compost, mushroom compost, manure. I only had to add a ton of perlite.
Plants are in direct sunlight from 10:30am, to 6:30pm. Almost complete day of sun.

Ehhhh Dank Girl, well done.!
great journal so far and looking forward to the final outcome although it has already served the purpose i was looking for which was an outdoor grow using the 818 which i had been considering growing out of about 20 other varieties i have managed to accumulate over the last year or so.
and yes i must admit although a 20 + year veteran of both indoors and outdoor guerilla style growing what you have is identical to what i want to try and achieve this year so very envious although very happy for you as well.

Now i do have a couple of questions though, with respect to your soil although i am aware you have blended a shit load of perlite in the mix are you able to confirm exactly what the blend is composed of?
Also i notice you have shade during certain times of the day so how many hours of direct sunlight are you actually getting throughout the entire day?

thanks, great journal and keep up the great work..!

When I first started growing I had a plant do that to me once, it was because I was over watering it, but you may have different problem. Like root bugs What is your watering schedule like?
I water my massive plants only 1 time every 48 hours.

you just have the magic touch. Plus it also helps that you know what you are doing. I think i killed my big plant it just stopped growing on me and stop making the buds develop it looks like. its a shame cause it was doing so good then it went without water for to long i guess now it looks like its on its way out. oh well always next year i guess.

i was watering when i saw the soil was looking dry but my soil has a very quick run off cause there is a lot of sand in it. i live on an old river bottom. plus we had a few hot days and i dint water it enough. I've been watering every other day now in hopes of bringing it back up to par but i doubt it will happen. but all my other plants are doing well thats why i was thinking my watering was good enough.

Well that sucks, hope she comes back for you.

i was watering when i saw the soil was looking dry but my soil has a very quick run off cause there is a lot of sand in it. i live on an old river bottom. plus we had a few hot days and i dint water it enough. I've been watering every other day now in hopes of bringing it back up to par but i doubt it will happen. but all my other plants are doing well thats why i was thinking my watering was good enough.

thanks for the reply,
ahhh yes my favourite mixture has always been mushroom compost and a bit of lime put in holes which are 3ft deep and a couple of feet wide a month before the start of spring with enough water crystals to make the soil feel spongey after a good rain as found it helped not only hold water better throughout the season but was great with assisting with keeping the soil well drained and aerated and we find it very difficult to get worm casting in any sort of volume here except for a kg bag or similar so i usually would put a few hand fulls of actually worms in the hole also again to assist with drainage and not really sure whether they would add any significant amount of shit to the mix however i have always managed to get 2-3lb per plant with that method although i only fed them once a month or so during the entire season however they were guerilla grown so obviously in that environment you do what is most practical.

this year i am fortunate enough to be living on a few acres so am actually going to try something similar to your method as i believe as with your own experience holes although practical in some circumstances allow the plants to get huge in height always 8-12 feet but only ever a few feet wider than the hole diameter hence the good height without the huge yields.
Although 2-3lb for bushies is great and especially for an old time strain i had been using for the last 15 years or so being a Super skunk which i had purchased before there were ever internet sites or seed banks offering so many different varieties and because it performed so well each year never bothered to broaden my horizons by attempting to grow something new however it lost all its original characteristics last year obviously due to the genetics being so old so this year i went and binged out purchasing about 20 different varieties from 4 different seed banks with the dream of attempting to grow a few 10lbrs after reading Bodhi Moons book "Master Gardeners Medical Cannabis secrets - How to grow marijuana Norcal style" which basically is how to achieve 10lb plus plants on a regular basis.

So 818 it is going to be and not sure of my soil blend however will be putting a journal together to suit and unlike yourself i wont be using the grow bags as we just don't have the industry you guys have here to be able to get such a huge range of grow needs so i will more than likely build boxes 6' x 6' x 2' and fill them with a blend i decide on over the next couple of days.

I have subbed to your journal anyway so will keep an eye on what you are doing and may need to bounce some ideas off you to help me get the best i can out of my 818 Headband if you dont mind please although i will also be growing Dr Greenthumbs G13 which i am currently growing inside along with Big Bomb from Bomb seeds, Super Sour Diesel from Resevoir seeds and also a Psycho Crack by Sick Meds so will have a few different varieties to trial which i will be consistent with the grow method so i can choose the ultimate strain with view of achieving a 10lbr and then being able to reproduce it each year afterwards.

Thanks again

Thank you for the support. 818 Headband is by far my most favorite plant I have ever grown. I kept a mother for future grows.
I bought premium soil in bulk from local excavating, I lost list that has everything in the soil. I know it has worm castings, food compost, mushroom compost, manure. I only had to add a ton of perlite.
Plants are in direct sunlight from 10:30am, to 6:30pm. Almost complete day of sun.

Back
Top Bottom