5th or 6th week from the flip issues

Then I wouldn't call that an N deficiency.

I would stop with the Terp and Massive and calmag and give it a good watering. How often are you feeding the GF?
Giving the girls the recommended dosage for 3 gallon pots. 1/3 of a cup every 12 to 14 days. Their ready for a drink now so I will discard the calmag cocktail and just give them plain water. I was only giving them the terpenator and massive bloom once a week.

Giving the girls the recommended dosage for 3 gallon pots. 1/3 of a cup every 12 to 14 days. Their ready for a drink now so I will discard the calmag cocktail and just give them plain water. I was only giving them the terpenator and massive bloom once a week.
I did three grows.with Geoflora. I was feeding every 10 days, and sometimes a little more than they stated.....usually 1/2 cup. It seemed.to.work well. Also used the terp and massive and I found that to be better than just straight GF

I did three grows.with Geoflora. I was feeding every 10 days, and sometimes a little more than they stated.....usually 1/2 cup. It seemed.to.work well. Also used the terp and massive and I found that to be better than just straight GF
Have you moved on to another nutrient line or are you sticking with Geoflora?

Have you moved on to another nutrient line or are you sticking with Geoflora?
For this grow I went back to Megacrop. For the next grow I think I'll do 2 plants with geoflora and 2 with megacrop.

I like geoflora for its ease. It was a little more.difficult to adjust of I got a deficiency. Also it seemed almost impossible to overfeed with geoflora , hence feeding more and more often. Megacrop has its benefits too. The plants, and buds, are larger. But it's more challenging to dial in the right amount.

Your plant looks great! Experiment next grow with a different nutrient if you like.

I started out my first two grows with FF trio. Wanted to get away from the synthetic nutes and tried Geoflora.
I just recently got a great deal on some Megacrop and I'm thinking of using the megacrop in conjunction with SIP containers. Just started my first grow journal listed in my signature.
Thanks Tim!

Hey all
Have a follow up question. I just realized my pH meter is about 1/2 a pH off. Lol.
I had been setting my pH to about 6.2. So it really was about 5.6 or 5.7 give or take. Do you think this low pH could cause a nutrient lockout? I'm using geoflora and have read pH isn't a big deal. My tap water starts out at 8. Which I think is too high.

Have a follow up question. I just realized my pH meter is about 1/2 a pH off. Lol.
I had been setting my pH to about 6.2. So it really was about 5.6 or 5.7 give or take. Do you think this low pH could cause a nutrient lockout?
The pH scale is confusing and involves some understanding of math and chemistry and for the most part I have to think it through. The short paragraph in italics is from a web page discussing pH and the change from number to number.

The pH scale is logarithmic, meaning that an increase or decrease of an integer value changes the concentration by a tenfold. For example, a pH of 3 is ten times more acidic than a pH of 4. Likewise, a pH of 3 is one hundred times more acidic than a pH of 5. Similarly a pH of 11 is ten times more basic than a pH of 10.

If I understand it correctly then when your pH reading of 6.2 is actually a 5.7pH then it is about 5 times more acidic than we realize. I believe that it would take more frequent watering at an even lower pH than what you have to eventually cause one or more of the macro or micro nutrients to become unavailable. Think about the outdoor plants that are watered by rainfall.

The quote below helps explain why many scientists are concerned about the rainfall downwind of industrial areas. From a page at an epa.gov website:

What is the pH of normal rainwater?

Normal, clean rain has a pH value of between 5.0 and 5.5, which is slightly acidic. However, when rain combines with sulfur dioxide or nitrogen oxides—produced from power plants and automobiles—the rain becomes much more acidic. Typical acid rain has a pH value of 4.0.

I started out my first two grows with FF trio. Wanted to get away from the synthetic nutes and tried Geoflora.
I just recently got a great deal on some Megacrop and I'm thinking of using the megacrop in conjunction with SIP containers. Just started my first grow journal listed in my signature.

if it's coming out of a bag or a bottle there's synthetics or salts. actual organic grows are water added only. don't buy the marketing. don't fool yourself.

find the nute line that works best for you and don't fret.

if you want to go organic look into building LOS soils, making your own teas, composting, and vermi-posting.

Back
Top Bottom