5x5 grow room: 1 FC-6500 or 2 ES300V3?

Got my tracking ID. Seems ill get the package on Monday or Tuesday.

Once again thank you all for all the help with my indecisiveness. I think i made the right choice and will be posting some updates once i have everything set up and good to go!

Think you made the right move myself as said i own a FC3000 so maybe im a little one sided in my views.BUT i was VERY impressed by the even canopy and spread over all.I really need to get another for my main tent and swap over for winter.Glad its on the way ;)

I've found that in ones multiple grow that you're going to have some short guys and some tall guys. The 2 lights gives you the freedom to manipulate the grow by having both in the same tent.

I Only find that issue in multi strain grows tbh.But i agree does give you options.Also tends to cost you more add more
heat to your grow space for the OP he would lose 50 watt and pay an extra 20/30£ doing it with mars lights.Never had a bar light before the FC3000 and thats the biggest advantage the even coverage quantum boards dont really give you that as good.
I've found that in ones multiple grow that you're going to have some short guys and some tall guys. The 2 lights gives you the freedom to manipulate the grow by having both in the same tent.

Look at the par maps but the newer tec is in the mars product from the spec's.But the sky has a very weird par map to me dont look very honest highs of 2378 at 12 inch hmmm if true guess it has some power also not a very even spread.
With the lenses they use at 12 inches it’s direct and not wasting.
The old days off blasting all over are coming to a close, more efficient the world tries to turn.

Just wouldnt want 2000 odd in the middle and 500 odd on the edge.But every grow space is different and every man woman does her thing a little different ;)
With the lenses they use at 12 inches it’s direct and not wasting.
The old days off blasting all over are coming to a close, more efficient the world tries to turn.

Sure is BUT it does not change the un even par map no matter were u hang it with "wires" its powerful light i totally agree.But the power is not were I would want it in the middle and yes over lap but your still left with to edges low on the par map.I would defo use 2 FC3000 but not those lights at the price point they are its not worth the extra money simple.
Not would I , the hanging wire is very helpfully at that especially with 2 fixture overlaps.

nm i thought the idea of a ppfd map was so you can dial in the best ppfd for you canopy.As the avg user wont have a meter.
Don’t think the par map representation was for someone to actually use at that distance but just a point.
All lights can grow great weeds .
But my point is my friend i want my bud from the top to the bottom of the light to get an even ISH coverage.That way i end up with a even canopy not a big bud in the middle i have to move the light for. or keep turning pots.Been growing under led's sometime now and i am far from an expert but i know what i like and i know what works for ME.And my advice for any grower with a new light use the recommended light distance your manufacturer suggests to start..And that would tie in with there tests/ppfd map to get those results.;)Also agree most new lights on the market do great jobs just not paying silly amounts of money because of a gimmick when a cheaper light does just as good a job.And the v3s are pricey for 330 watt and the un even ppfd map that being said its a very powerful light and would grow great bud.
Myself i wack my light top of tent manage my ladies and use the dimmers but each to there own as i said peace dude. :)

@Mars Hydro im unable to get in touch with your customer support. Im not getting answers via email nor the chat. How should i proceed with this?

1631553406237.png

I have tried multiple times on Thursday, Friday, and today with the above auto response every time regardless of what time of day i try (08:00 - 12:00 - 16:00 - 22:00), as well as no answer via email.

Thank you for your reply.

I have a friend who currently runs 1 ES300v3 and one ES180V2 with really good results. And as i mentioned, people are praising them to high heavens with testimonials such as massive increase in bud size and THC content compared to even HLG 650R, which was initially drew me towards them. All reviews and tests i have seen also seems to be of the same opinion, but i would love to get some more real life opinions from people who are more experienced than me, and probably knows a lot more about this than i do.

Below is the info on the Mars-Hydro EU page regarding their FC-6500

fc-6500 eu specs.png

FC-6500 spectrum.png

Electric Sky does not have much info on their parts besides stating it is a patent pending solution with top binned diodes, but below is the info i have managed to get regarding them:

es300v3 spectrum.png
es300 specs.png
400 - 700 nm is the normal range. The Blue for Veg looks pretty low. It doesn't show the 350 nm Blue so you wont get a True Emerson Effect. You do have the 660 nm Deep Red & 730 nm Far Red to put your plants to sleep faster though. Same thing I'm doing with adding Far Red Strip Lights to my grow tent. I'm not going to add the extra Blue either.

Im facing some concerns regarding my order.

I received one tracking number, but no info about what company it was being sent with, so i had to find that out myself via some random universal parcel tracking site. The package is 15KG, so that is (im assuming) the tent.

Yesterday i received a different package with a different tracking number containing my fan/filter combo which i had no way of knowing would arrive, as again, i never received any tracking info regarding this, and the initial tracking number i received has not yet been handed over to the courier company as per the status from Friday morning. It has not changed since then.

I dont know if the light is shipped. I dont even know if it is in stock as im not getting any response from your customer service via any of the contact info they provide.

The only thing i have not tried yet is calling the customer support number listed, but that is a +86 number, meaning it is for china, and the cost of placing that call is not something im looking forward to either.

@Mars Hydro provided me with an email address not listed on the EU site that i was able to use to get in touch with someone who sent me 3 tracking numbers. Ill keep the conversation going with this person and hopefully i will be able to get some clarification on the shipping status of the 2 missing packages. Thank you Mars Hydro for the help in this.

@Mars Hydro provided me with an email address not listed on the EU site that i was able to use to get in touch with someone who sent me 3 tracking numbers. Ill keep the conversation going with this person and hopefully i will be able to get some clarification on the shipping status of the 2 missing packages. Thank you Mars Hydro for the help in this.
I've had 7 Mars Hydro Lights. They usually take about 2 weeks for delivery to arrive. A lot of this tracking seems to get skipped by the shippers. I've had packages show up at my door without tracking updates. That's not Mars. It's the delivery company. I'm sure you'll be happy when you get the light & see the results. You got the best one too. I have never had a complaint with my grows using Mars. Always get good results. I'm currently using the FC-E3000 in my 3x3 SCROG Grow & it's doing great.

I would love to say the EU site was good but i too had the same drama.Seems not much has changed at the EU site.
I support mars any time i can as i like there light very much but you really need to sort the EU site out i adviced this gent to buy from you and the poor lad had the same issues i had. NO feed back at all until you come on here.
The email address and contact details get you no were might want to change that.And the online chat is useless.
Yet you go to the USA site and its so different they are spot on.

Back
Top Bottom