600w Hps + CFL + 4 Strains In Soil!

After a mad day today finally sat down and rolled one for myself :reading420magazine:.

Now what happened might you ask the simple answer everything LOL

The long answer - I got all my seedling pots ready and placed my germing seeds next to them on the floor (never a good idea), i then proceeded into the kitchen and thought whys my foot wet, OH SHIIIIT, i had step on the seeds and started dispensing them around my flat as they stuck to my sock ( IAM SUCH AN IDIOT LOL ), Luckily i have the eyes of a Hawk and managed to find all seven, if you have ever tried to find a lost seed you understand my pain, not one taproot had broken off RESULT, so i got them into there pots and as my CFL hasnt turned up yet put them under my 600w at 24 inches away, I then thought need to run out quick and buy an oscilating fan to keep the air circulating, so headed off to argos picked one up NICE, then i got home went and checked on the temps and everything to see that my hydrometer had started to melt i think UH-OH but last reading was 49.8 degrees C as some IDIOT hadnt turned the outtake fan on, so after frantically running around and getting everything sorted, temps have now dropped to 27 degrees C all seems fine and hydrometer seems ok and EVERYTHING IS DEFINATELY TURNED ON.

:phew::phew::phew: :allgood::allgood::allgood: :goodluck::420:

NEED to drop my temps by a few degrees not much just 3-4, as my CFL wont turn up till monday now and heat will not be a problem then so just something for the next few days, thats cheap and doesnt cost anything lol.

i currently have 5 inch outtake and a large oscilating fan but it is keeping temps at about 31-33 degrees c

I am in on this grow. I hope to see better luck than the beginning. :) May the grow gods be with you!

HMMM worried a bit today as seeds still havent sprouted so thinking heat might have done something, will give them a few more days as will have cfl in cpl days and order some more if they dont shoot through.

:adore::adore::adore::adore::sorry::sorry:

I am sorry to say that all the ladies have gone to the garden in the sky :rip::rip:, i have just gone in to check i they need watering and decided to pull one seed out to check and see how it was doing, when i looked i noticed that the taproot had died and the inside of the seed had turned to liquid, so i started checking them all and to my dismay this had happened to all of them, does anyone know what this is or had this happen to them before. :hmmmm::hmmmm:

the seeds seemed very strong and germed quickly so thinking it may have been my growing medium as was from a green house, so was a lil old, damn new should have bought some root riots. :oops:

I WILL NOT BE CLOSING THIS JOURNAL AS HAVE RE-ORDERED THE SEEDS AGAIN SOME ROOT RIOTS AND MY CFL GETS HERE TOMORROW, SO GOING TO HAVE A MASSIVE CLEAN UP INSIDE THE TENT SOAK MY FLOOR IN BLEACH SOLUTION AND JUST MAKE IT SO YOU COULD EAT IN THERE.

VERY DISAPPOINTED THIS THE FIRST TIME IVE NOT GERMED AND SPROUTED SEEDS SO QUITE A SHOCK REALLY.

:helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

did you just put them in soil? I use jiffy peat pods but if they are to wet that may have been part of the problem.
I know with the peat pod I give them a gentle squeeze before the get the seeds. anyway sorry to hear it . at first you dont sprout your seed try try again:)

no had them in a fine mix of perlite, vermiculite and a small amount of compost about 30%-40%-30%, have sprouted in this before with no problems and never seen a seed turn to liquid so has dumbfounded me a little.

This horrible bro. Sorry for your loss. Glad to see you are going to get back in the saddle though. Maybe the compost was to strong... or wasn't there a heat issue? Either way I am cheering you on for the new start. :cheer:

yeah had a small heat issue of about 3-4 degrees but i mean even at its highest was only reaching 35 degrees so not to bad just not really a great way to start them, yeah i believe it was the medium i used to pot them being old but yes could have been the compost just so many variants to try and distinguish one outright cause, but oh well i get my seeds fairly cheap so not a major worry only lost £28 on those 7 seeds so not a major loss.

and i will definately continue has didnt get a v.good outdoor crop this year at all had to cut them 6 weeks early as weather turned and spot of mould kicked in so had to get them in and get something out of them, but got a few oz from them at least, was just disappointed as got 38 oz last year from 5 plants and had 7 out this year and got about 8 but lost alot of growth time due to early winter (hate english weather), but this is the main reason i have decided to go indoors as the british weather is so hard to predict and where i am its bloomin cold when its cold and hot when its hot no real middle ground lol, so hard to keep an idea on whats happening weather wise, but i have a great spot in some woods next to a sewage works plant, so the soil is uber fertile and works like a dream and the plant covers all smells lol, also i dont have to check them very much i check 2-6 times a grow depending on how many i do how long i grow them out and general weather conditions.

yeah i will get some up when i get my new seeds and have them sprouted just a waiting game now, was hoping to get first pics on today but obviously they have all died so will have to wait now grrrrrrrrrrr.

When did playboy start printing articles

Back
Top Bottom