600w Hps + CFL + 4 Strains In Soil!

A clean tent is a happy tent:)

does anyone know if its ok to run a CFL through a ballast as they are already self ballasted as just realised i havent got a hanger for it and want to put it in my reflector should be cool shouldnt it.

does anyone know if its ok to run a CFL through a ballast as they are already self ballasted as just realised i havent got a hanger for it and want to put it in my reflector should be cool shouldnt it.

Couldnt find anything on it. Maybe it would work. Is the ballast for CFL? If so try it. Either it wont come on or it will blow your bulb. Thats about it. Thats worse case though

no its what i been using for my 600 HPS, but i thought anyway if not i should be able to re-wire it to have a plug end and then just flip it back before they go into flower, but it is a 200w CFL so im hoping it will be ok.

no i cant find any info either

:cheer:

Yea it will either blow your bulb or wont work. I think those ballast are only for 600w not to mention just your HPS. It may have worked if it was a 200w-400w-600w ballast but they only make them starting at 400w.

Why not just go purchase a socket with a plug, or go to a home improvement store to buy a regular light fixture? Its already ballast so it should work in a regular socket

its massive the bulb and im skint just spent couple hundred on the current bits so cant really afford it just trying to think how i can resolve as the bulb is brand new so dont want to blow it.

yeah i think it is, got it off the net, will just have to run my hps for a day or 2 and then pick up aa hanger in the next couple days, im really considering re-wiring the reflector to a straight uk plug as the bulb fits in it very well and then just order a new one in couple weeks when got some cash to run my HPS under and means i will have a reflector for my cfls.

hmmmmmmmmmm

yeah i think it is, got it off the net, will just have to run my hps for a day or 2 and then pick up aa hanger in the next couple days, im really considering re-wiring the reflector to a straight uk plug as the bulb fits in it very well and then just order a new one in couple weeks when got some cash to run my HPS under and means i will have a reflector for my cfls.

hmmmmmmmmmm

Im not a very good electrician so....I dont want to help burn your house down lol

LOL me neither hahaha, but i have done this before with an old laptop charger as my old t.v wasnt working so i rewired my laptop charger to make it run and still got it to this day lol

im 99.8% sure it will work its just if it doesnt i will have to re-wire it back to run off the ballast for my HPS, i hate decisions lol

guess i gotta go all or nothing, hmm il have a smoke and decide while i think lol.

:cheer:

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

WIZZY it worked lol, just connected it to a household uk plug and now its working no funny noises or anything just runs smoothly wil keep checking it over night and stuff tho

dont do it do not run your cfl in your 600w fixture JUST DONT get the right fixture!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom