600W LED Grow

re: GLH 600W LED Grow

a little DIY info for those who want to get the idea on how to make a Hempy Bucket

If you want to do Hydro than this system is the easiest one out there in my opinion.
To start out you need a bucket to grow in. (The bucket needs to be black or you need to make sure NO light passes through it so you don't have any algae and slime problems where the roots will be in the bottom of the bucket. If you need to wrap the bucket in duck tape, or paint the outside of the bucket. ) The bucket can be from a 1 gallon bucket to a 5 gallon bucket. That is what most people use...
You will need a couple of tools for this part, Take a drill and a 1 inch drill bit and drill a hole 2 inches from the bottom of the bucket. ( a smaller bucket , say 1 gallon you may want to place the hole about 1.5 inches from the bottom
imgp1443rq5.jpg

Next, you take a piece of vinyl screening and cut out a piece of screen to be glued inside of the bucket.
imgp1435ul4.jpg

take some PVC glue used for plastic plumbing, and apply some around the hole on the inside of the bucket and then some on the edges of the screen, and then glue it in place. See pictures
Note: Some plastics the glue will not stick to so you may need to use something like Gorrila Glue etc etc etc...
imgp1439xf8.jpg
imgp1441ja3.jpg

You fill the bucket with a mix 1 part vermiculite and 3 parts perlite and water as you would soil. Remember that the water sitting in the bottom is a reservoir that holds the Nutrients and water. you should only have to water about every 3 days. I plant either clones or seeds started in a starter plug. The plants get there water and nutrients from the reservoir in the bottom of the pot. Only water till water starts to come out of the hole that you installed, The hole is for the excess run off, then you stop watering.
I use a pan under the bucket or you could place them on flood table of some sorts that all the run off can drain into.
Remember if you are growing using the Hempy method, as with any grow method that it's always better to start out with less Nutes than to much so as not to burn your plants and build up to what the plant likes....

Thanks for doing this test irish, hey at least you get a free light out of it! Too bad the clones on your last grow were inconsistent, makes me think they may not have all been from the same mother and you ran into some phenotypical variation akin to less-stabilized strains grown from seed. I've talked with some dispensaries before and they have said they couldn't guarantee all clones came from the same mother...guess we just have to do it ourselves if we want that...

No, four plants is plenty if you're going to try and grow them taller, even with some LST. This should help show how good the penetration will be using a 600w light also. Some folks just won't want to change their growing habits even if it will give them better results by doing so. A panel this size might be the last stop for those who still want to grow 4ft or taller, also.

----

Irish, do you have a watt-meter or something you can find out what the current usage actually is? Would be interesting to see what a mix of 3w and 1w emitters will draw on the same board.

Also, is every space in the board filled with LEDs, or are there gaps which are not lit up (on purpose)?

I noticed the website doesn't list where the LEDs are made - anyone know if they are from the USA, or Asian-made? I figure most manufacturers will list 'made in the USA' as a selling point if that's the case.

Thanks for your time bro... :popcorn:

Regards,

-TL

Hey just wanted to let you and everyone know that the entire panel is 3w/3 chip led's.. no 1w leds are used on the panel..

The chips are made in the USA and the components are put together in china fans are from Germany I believe.

I do have a small amount of led's in the near IR and near UV which put out invisible light as you can see on the picture..

I have a watt meter ill hook up to a 600w panel I have here and show you guys what it pulls. It actually uses more than 600w, all my panels use more wattage then stated to power the 3 chip led's. Ive been trying to have my web guy update the website but he is the worst lager I have ever encountered.

Thanks for your questions.. If you have any more ill do my best to answer them but other than that I am for the most part staying off this thread to keep things running smoothly..

:bongrip:

Mike, I do like it when you pop in and ans the different questions about your lights. I am glad to see the chips are made here, too bad the whole light isn't, but I guess the price would be out of everybody’s range.

I have been looking forward to this post Irish boy, good luck and thanks for all the hard work and the pictures. I will be here every day looking forward to any updates.

YEAH! I saw that I am a 420 member now! The only way I found the 420 mag I was wondering about led grow and google led against led and found me a new home.

Thanks for your help Mike.

These panels are not that hard to build...problem is with the cost of the components...EndorStar - Luxeon Rebel - LED Supply.com
and the time you put in... it's cheaper to go to China and pick it up there personally....LOL...if these things were $400 nobody would have to be doing tests and soniq would be bored with no scrubbing to do.....but at $15 a diode...yikes!

These are definitely not EndorStars.

-TL

Reading all this makes me hungry for some reason. Why is that? Anyone else get that feelin? I want some pizza I think, or maybe a dank ass sandwich, or maybe I am super super baked. LOLzzzzzzzz :ganjamon::rollit:

Reading all this makes me hungry for some reason. Why is that? Anyone else get that feelin? I want some pizza I think, or maybe a dank ass sandwich, or maybe I am super super baked. LOLzzzzzzzz :ganjamon::rollit:

its the pics of the leds, they have little things in them that make you want to buy more leds and eat pizza while your ordering the lights. some crazy brain controlling device, thats why everyone always buys more leds once they have one. thats why i wear super sun glasses and thats why i haven't bought a led light yet.lol

to bad you cant have some of my Blue dream/Hindu skunk cookies. good old hash butter.

You probably have a good point Irish...it's some radio frequency controlled mind device...hahaa. MORE MORE MORE MORE! Look at my little collection! My goal is to own em all haha, not really, I am done buying them after I get my next prosource unit. Forget it! We shall see what this spectra has in it for go juice...I'm in it too deep lol

Hows it going Irish brotha? YOU Too Bot!?!? How are y'all!!!???

-Go

You probably have a good point Irish...it's some radio frequency controlled mind device...hahaa. MORE MORE MORE MORE! Look at my little collection! My goal is to own em all haha, not really, I am done buying them after I get my next prosource unit. Forget it! We shall see what this spectra has in it for go juice...I'm in it too deep lol

Hows it going Irish brotha? YOU Too Bot!?!? How are y'all!!!???

-Go

ya those leds hit you hard. should have worn sunglasses..lol

Irish,

Do you think the light will have to be below 12" during the grow? I know that is kind of hard to answer at this point, but judging from the intensity, etc. What do you think? I am finding bleaching from the 300W at just below 10". That seems crazy. Also, they are shorter than the lumi's. But the lumi thus far is in the lead in growth comparison.

I am just trying to figure out a happy range, in case these units do work. I am thinking they may work well at 12" straight up. The 300W and 600W are bright enough it seems. I am not sure about the 180 or 120? How is the heat with that thing? The 300W runs very warm, that 600 must bump your temps at least 4-5 degrees F?

Ok enough from me.

PEace dude!

-Go

Irish,

Do you think the light will have to be below 12" during the grow? I know that is kind of hard to answer at this point, but judging from the intensity, etc. What do you think? I am finding bleaching from the 300W at just below 10". That seems crazy. Also, they are shorter than the lumi's. But the lumi thus far is in the lead in growth comparison.

I am just trying to figure out a happy range, in case these units do work. I am thinking they may work well at 12" straight up. The 300W and 600W are bright enough it seems. I am not sure about the 180 or 120? How is the heat with that thing? The 300W runs very warm, that 600 must bump your temps at least 4-5 degrees F?

Ok enough from me.

PEace dude!

-Go

the 600w raises my temps around 8-10F* with not vet fan running. it heat up the room pretty good. i would say my light will probley be around 12-16" in flowering. its hard to say plus it all depends on the foot print i need to cover my girls.

Back
Top Bottom