707 Headband, 12/12 from Seed, Smart Pot

Re: 707 Headband, 12/12 from seed, Smart Pot

I'm very impressed with this grow...I will now try myself to do a few 12/12 to see what I can get out of it....Rock on with your bad self my brother!!!! Look forward to seeing more of your threads and wish you luck....:thumb:

Thanks wiloby! Good luck to you on your future grows.

nice grow

Thank you sir.

Thought I did it already but guess I didn't so +reps and 5 stars from me.

Really great job on this :thumb:

Much appreciated dirtinmyears! That means a lot.

Fantastic job, yard! :thumb:

I just got 3 3 gallon Smart Pots and a bag of FFOF the other day, gonna pop some beans and when they're rooted, going 12/12 also - this grow inspired the hell outta me! +rep

:peacetwo:

Fantastic job, yard! :thumb:

I just got 3 3 gallon Smart Pots and a bag of FFOF the other day, gonna pop some beans and when they're rooted, going 12/12 also - this grow inspired the hell outta me! +rep

:peacetwo:

Thanks Zombo, so happy to hear I helped with inspiring you. Smart Pots seem to work great, the rootball is ridiculous by harvest.

The only advice I can offer...The Ocean Forest is great but could be a little hot for your seedlings. I'm not sure if you planned on using a different soil for the young ones. In my opinion I would plant the sprouts in Fox Farm Happy Frog or Light Warrior, then transplant to Ocean Forest when they are around 3-4 weeks old.

Good luck to you :goodluck: +rep :thumb:

yarddog35 said:
Thanks Zombo, so happy to hear I helped with inspiring you. Smart Pots seem to work great, the rootball is ridiculous by harvest.

The only advice I can offer...The Ocean Forest is great but could be a little hot for your seedlings. I'm not sure if you planned on using a different soil for the young ones. In my opinion I would plant the sprouts in Fox Farm Happy Frog or Light Warrior, then transplant to Ocean Forest when they are around 3-4 weeks old.

Good luck to you :goodluck: +rep :thumb:

Thanks brother, I'm starting them off in rapid rooters then putting the rooted plugs into small 3"x3" cups with Roots Organic soil - a little less hot and it was cheaper too! I'm gonna be doing some experimenting with both soils, and see how they perform. Check out my thread if ya feel like.

:peace:

:welldone:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Hi Yarddog

Thanks very much for posting this grow. I am about to start my first grow and you have given me some inspiration / ideas....

I have some Durban Poison and Dutch Haze seeds from a friend. I can't get seeds delievered in the country where I currently reside.... way too risky, so I have to work with what I got.

I am limited on space and apparently the Durban Poison can grow 6 or 7 feet tall... but looking at your results with 12/12 on a sativa with a bit of extra LST and trimming I reckon I can get some really nice buds :)

I hope the two strains I have are nice coz I'm gonna have to be cloning them for a few grows until I can get some more seeds... somehow, some way :)

Cheers

IS

PS - I LOVE the fact that you grew this plant from 1 seed found in a bag of bought meds... 100% hit rate - nice job brother!

The branches staggering is the sign that you can put a plant into flower as that is the sign, along with preflowers, that the plant is maturing.

You'd ideally like to wait til the plant is mature before 12/12'ing.

:Namaste:

Back in the stapled together days of the old grow journals they actually stated that the difference between a male and a female plant is the staggered and directly across branches, males being staggered. Glad as Hell they improved on the info in the last 30 years.
:peace:

Awesome 12/12 grow! Im going to go for it on my next grow.
Thanks, Stank! It's good to let a plant root, and veg some before flower, but sometimes that's not possible. I would suggest using seeds only, due to the faster growth rate of seeds vs clones. Good luck to you!

what was the dry yield!?!?

Hi, Glokdoc. If I remember it was like 65 grams or so. Not a big yield by any means, but it was a quick grow.

Thanks, Stank! It's good to let a plant root, and veg some before flower, but sometimes that's not possible. I would suggest using seeds only, due to the faster growth rate of seeds vs clones. Good luck to you!

Hi, Glokdoc. If I remember it was like 65 grams or so. Not a big yield by any means, but it was a quick grow.

bro, i think u did great yield wise, seeing there are people that struggle to get more then an oz or 2 per full grown plant. you got 2 zips plus some with a 12/12 from seed grow. you killed it. i think it has to do with you pushing 200w per sq ft! i bet u had rock rock hard nugs! good job bro.

I too really appreciate your efforts and reports. I am very excited about try 2 dozen 12/12 from seed under one 1000 watt HID. Of course with being a broke and poor man I will have to create some seeds first. I have a la conf. male and will knock up one of my fav. OG Kush clones once shes 3-4 weeks into flower

bro, i think u did great yield wise, seeing there are people that struggle to get more then an oz or 2 per full grown plant. you got 2 zips plus some with a 12/12 from seed grow. you killed it. i think it has to do with you pushing 200w per sq ft! i bet u had rock rock hard nugs! good job bro.
Thanks Glockdoc!
I too really appreciate your efforts and reports. I am very excited about try 2 dozen 12/12 from seed under one 1000 watt HID. Of course with being a broke and poor man I will have to create some seeds first. I have a la conf. male and will knock up one of my fav. OG Kush clones once shes 3-4 weeks into flower
Awesome! How did that grow turn out?
Am going to try this myself. Have 707 seeds germinating now.
Good deal Hobby! I had a lot of fun with this grow. So many things I could have done better but it's always a learning experience.

Been gone a while, sorry for not getting back to those positive comments. Thanks all :thanks:

Had her out of the tent for a 2 gallon flush with FloraKleen. Thought I would take some pics!

707_019.jpg

707_023.jpg

707_020.jpg

707_022.jpg

707_024.jpg

Things are starting to get sticky. I reached behind her to push the button for min/max temp, all the hairs on my forearm were sticky just from brushing the plant.
Bro that looks great started head band recent. You didn't trellis then?

Back
Top Bottom