A Modest Attempt At A 101 Growers Guide

Good how's Calgary big cat ??
I am loving it! We finally have our vehicles and officially signed our lease today. Once we move in I can start building my new grow set up. I'll be doing an RDWCfl for my first attempt at hydroponics. I'll be on here much more again and following along with your journal. The blueberry is looking amazing

glad you’re enjoying Calgary! In the spring/summer, the river valley is beautiful, and bike trails all through the city. That’s one thing Calgary has over Edmonton lol

did you ever find the seeds you were looking for? I haven’t been into that pawn
Shop yet to see what they carry

glad you’re enjoying Calgary! In the spring/summer, the river valley is beautiful, and bike trails all through the city. That’s one thing Calgary has over Edmonton lol

did you ever find the seeds you were looking for? I haven’t been into that pawn
Shop yet to see what they carry
I did find the seeds I want but I am ordering online so holding off on ordering until I move to the next place. Cherry pie and CBdiesel is my plan.

I have a few updates on the next set up and I think me stumbling through hydroponics is a perfect topic for my 101.

I am planning on doing a RDWC. I am honestly learning the acronyms but I believe it is a recirculating or reservoir deep water cultivation setup. Basically you have a reservoir separate from your plants to change and check the ph nutrients top off etc. Main benefit is you don't have to mess with the buckets your plants are in because of the reservoir.

For this, I want the flow of the drainage from the pvc outside of the tent to create enough bubbles in the buckets.

Today I drew out what I imagine I will try to build. I want two 5 gallon buckets inside a tent and a tote type reservoiron the outside. I will have a pump drawing from the reservoir and feeding to pvc outside of the tent with smaller baskets for herbs. Those will drain into each bucket aerating and then flowing back to the reservoir.

This is my goal or plan. We will see how it actually turns out but plenty to learn along the way!

Here is my sketch
16144513418135072900845970513503-jpg.2313962
16144518293123507402633282013799.jpg

The one thing I am worried about is the nutrient levels for the ones in the PVC. They would have to be some heavy duty somethings to be able to survive the feed levels as the two 5 gal girls progress.

Perhaps those are just spots used temporarily to start tomatoes, peppers. Herbs whatever at the early veg of the two 5 gallon plants life.

I ordered my light today as the first piece of my new set up. I went with a sponsor, Mars Hydro and the TSL 2000. I had this in a 2x4 tent previously and loved it. Very good light for the price and there are a few tricks I have learned on here that I can re share. Very excited!

Happy Sunday my green thumbed friends. I wanted to mention a different type of update I have for my grow; I ordered a tablet the other day.

The main purpose was for tuning my Jeep now that I have it here in Canada but it will have better cameras than my current phone so hopefully we will get really nice pictures of some frosty buds and document the entire set up process along the way.

As for a timeline, I move into my next place April 1st. I will likely order a few pieces here and there and map out assembly so when I move in I will hopefully have most of the pieces to the puzzle. If I could germinate by 420 2021 that would be a good schedule to keep. I'm thinking about swinging by a local hardware store for the buckets, lids, pvc, pump etc. To start mapping out the hydro system possibly today. Have a great rest of the weekend!

Bartle and gibsons has a really fair price for PVC piping. That’s where I picked mine up. I also got a bit of a deal because my brother has a plumbing company and got his business deal. I found it was still cheaper at normal price then co-op or home hardware, or lowes etc.

im excited to see you’re plan come together dude!

Apparently, I never activated my card so my light order was waiting for payment info to be revised. In the meantime, @HashFart got me looking at @Budget LED and I ended up ordering the Series 3 Samsung LM301H 250 Watt Dimmable Grow Light on somewhat of an impulse. I will be ordering the 2x4 tent in a few minutes. I didn't get the Feb deal Hash got but with the 5% 420mag discount I ended saving like 70 bucks compared to my other option. Very excited to try a new light.

Apparently, I never activated my card so my light order was waiting for payment info to be revised. In the meantime, @HashFart got me looking at @Budget LED and I ended up ordering the Series 3 Samsung LM301H 250 Watt Dimmable Grow Light on somewhat of an impulse. I will be ordering the 2x4 tent in a few minutes. I didn't get the Feb deal Hash got but with the 5% 420mag discount I ended saving like 70 bucks compared to my other option. Very excited to try a new light.
Prepare for the frost as your buds try to protect themselves from the almighty budget led

Prepare for the frost as your buds try to protect themselves from the almighty budget led
I'm super excited. I've ran kind, mars, and now budget LED so obviously 420 mag sponsoring gets the word out to people like me haha.

Back
Top Bottom