A Sad Sad Grow Journal

I just germinated my outdoor in Liquid Karma and water 5ml/gal. I am also watering with the same mix on the ones in peat pucks now. I will do this until I get 3 or 4 sets of leaves then I will add PBP Grow to the mix with a ml or so of Cal/Mag. Your sad ones look much happier. The autos are looking really good. Great job. I'll checkback later. The link to my outdoor is in my signature.

Seeds don't need nutes they are a tiny powerhouse filled with genetic material they should only need water to unlock them and remain moist, dark and warm like the ground. Unless you have data to show it really helps why waste the nute?

So when they say 1000w the first thing you have to understand is that they are plain faced lying to you. Actual consumption is 230w.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Its 230w LED = 1000w alt light source, cfl, mh, hps.

I don't agree with that conversion however the OP had some serious light intensity or penetration problems thats why they couldn't grow "node's" or even shoots.

April 20 (!) DAY 124 (photos), DAY 50 (autos)

It's been a couple of weeks since I last updated my journal. I started a new job and have been working on my outside garden.
Happy 420 Y'all!

OKAY!

I want you to know i read your journal from beginning to current and let me say, YOUR DOING IT!

Im just gonna let you know some of my notes that I made.

Out of the gate I think your problem is your water. I recommend getting a fish tank or 2 or 10 lol!
Tank 1 (clean filtered h20)
10-30gal with equivalent "activated carbon" filter this will constantly circulate providing you higher quality water than direct from tap.
leaving the water level low and hearing more of a trickle will allow the water to aerate. Optionally you could also add an air stone and bubbler to aerate the water more. **You want to keep this tank dark and free of any fish**
Tank 2 Optional (nitrogen rich H20)
same as tank 1 but add fish to produce waste this tank can be lit and somewhat dirty but not filthy. I only recommend this if your a good fish keeper and have PH measuring equipment and know what your doing. You can have as many tanks or reservoirs as you want with different Ph or aquatic life or C02 then DWC was born.

My notes for you:

1. Do your solo cups have holes to drain water? (Roots will mold and are very fragile and susceptible to insects and soil problems)
2. Light penetration CFL's just couldn't do the job. Glad you upgraded to LED, Smart choice!
3. Water! Plants need good drink and they can only absorb certain nutrients at specific Ph levels :)
4. Dec 25th fire hazard please keep in mind others probably live in the grow area with you. Grow responsibly.
5. Dont spray the leaves with your leaves looking like that i wouldn't risk the chance of any mold. I know it rains and you wanna play God, just avoid this practice until you clear your water up and get the leaves nice and green.
6. What was the reason to feed with epson salt?
7. Aluminum Foil *Fire Hazard* A. It's not really reflective B. Its a heat conductor (its hot enough in the grow room) C.It has a very low melt/ignition temp.
8. I see autos thats a nice touch to the veg garden, right. To keep things short try Indica dominant strains.
9. Please don't make problems for your indoor garden. Indoor stays indoor and outdoor stays out. Their are loads or fruits and veggies you can grow along side your medical garden. Jalapeños :))
10. Try Autos outdoors

Im so glad you never gave up!

fullsizeoutput_6a3.jpeg

What are your opinions on your light?

Keeping in mind that I'm a total newb, I'm pretty happy with it. I'm keeping the shipping box in case I need to send it back under warranty thou. It generates very little to no heat. I could have used a 'true' 400W for a tent my size but am glad I went with the 1000W ("Chinese standard") since I'm unsure how much light it is actually generating. It does seem sufficient for my plants. I'm gonna see how it performs in several months before I'm ready to give it a thumbs up.

OKAY!

My notes for you:

1. Do your solo cups have holes to drain water? (Roots will mold and are very fragile and susceptible to insects and soil problems)
2. Light penetration CFL's just couldn't do the job. Glad you upgraded to LED, Smart choice!
3. Water! Plants need good drink and they can only absorb certain nutrients at specific Ph levels :)
4. Dec 25th fire hazard please keep in mind others probably live in the grow area with you. Grow responsibly.
5. Dont spray the leaves with your leaves looking like that i wouldn't risk the chance of any mold. I know it rains and you wanna play God, just avoid this practice until you clear your water up and get the leaves nice and green.
6. What was the reason to feed with epson salt?
7. Aluminum Foil *Fire Hazard* A. It's not really reflective B. Its a heat conductor (its hot enough in the grow room) C.It has a very low melt/ignition temp.
8. I see autos thats a nice touch to the veg garden, right. To keep things short try Indica dominant strains.
9. Please don't make problems for your indoor garden. Indoor stays indoor and outdoor stays out. Their are loads or fruits and veggies you can grow along side your medical garden. Jalapeños :))
10. Try Autos outdoors

Im so glad you never gave up!

Thanks for taking the time to read my journal and provide input.

Here's some responses to your notes
1. yes
2. thank you. I'm happy so far.
3. I adjust my tap water down to ~6.0 before watering. I do like the idea of the fishtanks though as well since I do already have tanks.
4. yes, but the light only got close when I was playing with the tent and I'm not using CFLs anymore.
5. that's not water on the leaves. I suspected a problem with leaf septoria on my autos and used an organic fungicide to stop the spread. I was going to rinse it off at the next watering (I usually avoid getting leaves wet). I do have a fan in the tent. Good idea or bad?
6. I haven't given epsom salt but know several people who do.
7. Didn't really work anyway
8. I've got a little space to play with and my autos are so small that I'm fantasizing about giant plants, lol.
9. I've moved all the veggies to another tent. I think the light was too bright and was bleaching my peppers anyways.
10. I'd love to grow outdoors. It would never last in my neighbourhood. :(

Thanks! I'm learning more every day. :)

Seeds don't need nutes they are a tiny powerhouse filled with genetic material they should only need water to unlock them and remain moist, dark and warm like the ground. Unless you have data to show it really helps why waste the nute?

I use Liquid Karma and aloe to germinate as aloe seems to help and has no ppm after addition and the Liquid Karma is like a catalyst that helps the nutes that are present to penetrate the cell walls and go where they go a little better. It's actually suggested to use at all stages of the plant and I have for 3 seasons now. Thanks though for you input as I value all whether I listen or not.

I use Liquid Karma and aloe to germinate as aloe seems to help and has no ppm after addition and the Liquid Karma is like a catalyst that helps the nutes that are present to penetrate the cell walls and go where they go a little better. It's actually suggested to use at all stages of the plant and I have for 3 seasons now. Thanks though for you input as I value all whether I listen or not.

Sounds like experiment time!
Triple blind
Aloe plant use blade cut slit insert seed
Start to add karma (advanced right I hear they employ the best microbiologist in the world)
See how your other germination methods went while using LK & aloe as variable. I feel like it could potentially make easier to burn if your manipulating cellular structures so early on.

Apr 25: DAY 125 (photos), DAY 55 (autos)

Watered 2 photos and all 4 autos. Gave them a really good soak. I find it difficult to really wet the soil with my Pro-Mix - at least 2/3 of the water seems to simply roll off the soil. Instead of watering in the sink now, I am watering each plant in a container and scooping water from the bottom back onto the top. If I seeany problems with the plant I won't reuse the excess water on the next plant

I also added a zipper to my tent. I found a sticky backed, 7 foot heavy duty zipper for $12 CDN. It actually sticks the to the panda poly pretty well. I forgot to leave overlap of the poly over the zipper and now it isn't light tight. I can fix this, but have some time until I need the tent to block all light.

Photos looking good. I even topped a really healthy one for one last time.

Autos not looking as good. One of the autos is dying - the leaves are brown and curling upward. :( The other three autos have yellow leaves. I definitely need some advice on what to do. Reminder - I'm not using nutrients or additives except Liquid Karma.

Here are a couple of the sickly autos:
20170427_3.jpg
20170427_2.jpg

Help!

And here is one (and a half) of the photos.

20170427_1.jpg

Apr 25: DAY 125 (photos), DAY 55 (autos)

Watered 2 photos and all 4 autos. Gave them a really good soak. I find it difficult to really wet the soil with my Pro-Mix - at least 2/3 of the water seems to simply roll off the soil. Instead of watering in the sink now, I am watering each plant in a container and scooping water from the bottom back onto the top. If I seeany problems with the plant I won't reuse the excess water on the next plant

I also added a zipper to my tent. I found a sticky backed, 7 foot heavy duty zipper for $12 CDN. It actually sticks the to the panda poly pretty well. I forgot to leave overlap of the poly over the zipper and now it isn't light tight. I can fix this, but have some time until I need the tent to block all light.

Photos looking good. I even topped a really healthy one for one last time.

Autos not looking as good. One of the autos is dying - the leaves are brown and curling upward. :( The other three autos have yellow leaves. I definitely need some advice on what to do. Reminder - I'm not using nutrients or additives except Liquid Karma.

Here are a couple of the sickly autos:
20170427_3.jpg
20170427_2.jpg

Help!

And here is one (and a half) of the photos.

20170427_1.jpg

Go to lowes. Get some bone meal and some Dolomite. It's dirt cheap. Use 1/4 cup bone meal on the sick plants. Use a large tablespoon Dolomite on all your plants. Sprinkle on top and water through.
The ones in flower have run out of Phosphorus and are turning yellow using up stored Phosphorus in the leaves. This could be due to a pH drops or lack of phosphorus in the soil. You can fix both these problems with the dolomite and the bone meal. Make sure it's bone meal and not blood meal. Bonemeal is high in phosphorus, bloodmeal is high in nitrogen.

The "dying" autos need Phosphorus and potassium.
Try this. It's a organic blooming nutrient designed to be used with the ProMix Veg n herb mix.
420-magazine-mobile1900753620.jpg

1/2 a tablespoon (or so) per gallon of water. It will lower ph so only add what you need until you reach ph6.5.

Back
Top Bottom