AeroGarden Part Two - Featuring TopLED Reflector Series 96x3w

09 Apr 14, Friday

Week 15, Day 3, 101 Days, 80th LST, 75th Topping-18/6, 37th 12/12, 29th LED/Flower

Morning...
Air=77
RH=44
PH=5.9
PPM=970

Afternoon
Air=79
RH=47
PH=5.8
PPM=902

Res change out. Wide spread yellowing tips consistent with nutrients and res temp. Res temp may also have something to do with slow growth.

In week 15, 29th day of flowering and will back bud this weekend. Also bumped up "Bloom" nutrients.

Before and after pics tomorrow.

Also bought some cal/mag supplements and will add them tomorrow as well.

CaliMagic came in early so I added it this afternoon. After res change out so added them directly to res. Last thing to do is back budding. Tomorrow....

I guess I should pronounce or write it correctly...lol. "Bud Back Building"

If you are seeing possible nute burn, why would you increase the bloom nutes?

Stumped.... Nute burn or deficiency. The increase is per GH's schedule and with everything else going on this weekend I wanted to try it and see what happens. I'm pretty OCD so I'll see and be able to make the corrections if need be.

I believe that my yellow tips and a couple of yellowing leafs are a result of several things. Res temp is killing me. Cal/Mag deficiency is also a cause of tips and yellowing leafs in LED set ups. And maintaining my PH is also a constant battle.

My PPM is has been consistent since the start of this journal. Starts at or about the high 900's almost 1K. By the end of the week it's down to about 400. Always gradual.

The yellowing came around within the last week or so I'm leaning on the later as the cause.

I'm taking pics tomorrow and you can see what I see and offer suggestions if you care to.

And we all understand that as a sign of...except I haven't added extra nutes. Just keeping with GH's schedule.

But all-in-all Princess looks and is doing fine.

What I am suggesting is that the nutrient uptake of your plant is less then the General Hydroponics nutrient feed schedule and that is causing the nutrient burn you are seeing on your plant. The small size of your reservoir and small amount of nitrogen I believe is the reason your plant is yellowing.

Week 14, Day 4, 95 Days, 74th LST, 69th Topping-18/6, 31st 12/12, 23rd LED/Flower

First round of defol complete....

So the only question that remains is..... From the top cola (if I may call them at this point) on down. If I were going to cut out the lower "popcorn" bud sights, how many nodes from the top should I keep?

When using a SCroG screen only the leaves and shoots that are below the screen need to be removed.

CFL's... Just for giggles and boredom I put a single 60watt household bulb in with the LED's during the day. Waist of time?

And lastly, what is everyone using to clean your clippers off with? Mine have gotten so sticky and I can't seem to wipe them off. I have 3 sets that I use so I can rotate out. But don't want to use the other 2 if I can't clean them.

I doubt the Compact Florescent Light bulb is adding anything to your grow that your LED panel is not already doing. I scrape the sides of the scissors then I use rubbing alcohol to clean any residue from the scissors.

Stumped.... Nute burn or deficiency. The increase is per GH's schedule and with everything else going on this weekend I wanted to try it and see what happens. I'm pretty OCD so I'll see and be able to make the corrections if need be.

I'm taking pics tomorrow and you can see what I see and offer suggestions if you care to.

Stumped,

If you care to sounded negative....I welcome your comments and suggestions.

Note to King...Ya Da Man...LOL.

Thank you for your input. Defoling is based on your suggestions and your comments are necessary to ensure I'm doing it right. I believe I got everything else understood. We won't have many of the problems and limitations we have with this small reservoir.

Note to Ricorico...Ya Da Man Too....LOL.

Thank you for editing my journal title. Simple reason for the edit is I've been using the TopLED since flipping the lights. This experiment graduated to a better light source so it needed to be mentioned. And since the rave about LED seems to be picking up. I've been using the LED for about a month now. And I've talked about it in just about every note I've made so I needed an edit.

Thank you Sir....

What I am suggesting is that the nutrient uptake of your plant is less then the General Hydroponics nutrient feed schedule and that is causing the nutrient burn you are seeing on your plant. The small size of your reservoir and small amount of nitrogen I believe is the reason your plant is yellowing.

Glad to see your still up.... Is there, if any a fix for the nitrogen? Small reservoir and all..

And lastly for this morning gotta go burn and run a few...LOL.

I've said it before and will probably repeat myself....I'M A DUMB ASS...LOL.

This is of course regarding my comment to Backbuild this weekend.... I'm only in week 4 so I won't be giving any hair cuts till next weekend. I want to do it in the 5th week of my 8-10 week flowering for White Widow (still laughing every time I type that name...LOL).

I'll put her through a photo shoot this afternoon and take a look under the scope.

So I'm off to the races...

10 Apr 14, Saturday

Week 15, Day 4, 102 Days, 81st LST, 76th Topping-18/6, 38th 12/12, 30th LED/Flower

Morning...
Air=77
RH=44
PH=5.7
PPM=859

Possible causes of yellowing leaf and tips. Cal/Mag deficiency, nutrient burn....not enough, res temps always high, not maintaining PH levels, and res size resulting in lower nitrogen levels.

Another issue is plant height. Stumped and slow growth.

All of the above and the main culprit is the reservoir size. I believe the root system is suppose to be as long as the plant is tall. Makes sense since everyone is talking about bigger pots. They need it to support root growth, thus plant growth...duh....LOL.

My root ball takes up at least 3/4 of the reservoir.

That's a wrap...LOL.

Milestone:
The AG's reservoir is not sufficient in size to accommodate later stages of growth. I believe the "White Widow" strain is a medium height plant. Even a small height plant may have some problems. And absolutely no more than 1 plant. But hey we got this far didn't we...LOL. I'll try and get some pics of the root system next change out.

As mentioned above all corrections have been made as best we can. We'll see how it goes from here on out. May still get something out of her yet. The only other thing I wanted to do is the "Backbuilding" but that's for next weekend.

Afternoon pics and look under the scope. Frosting on just about every stack and sugar leafs look good enough to eat....LOL.

Hay I just wanted to drop in. I am going to try and get my butt out of bed today. I have not been doing well. I think it has been almost two weeks. Not really all that sure. I have been trying to drop in and do some reading on you grow. I go back to the doctor Thursday. I keep falling asleep in the middle of post. Yesterday I fell asleep while I was watering in my beg tent. I can't seem to keep up on all the journals. Sorry off topic. I think your girl look very great and you are gniod a good job. I need to go I keep droping my phone. Great job keep up THE GREAT WORK. :)

Stumped,

If you care to sounded negative....I welcome your comments and suggestions.

Lol I'm sorry if you thought I was being negative. Was just a quick question I was on my tablet and I have shorter responses then when on my desktop lol

You know your strain better then I do lol I was just wondering is all. I fought with dwc for 4 months 2 crops totally down the shitter. I'm just trying to learn what I did wrong besides my high rez temps. I wanna do Dwc again but I can't afford a chiller, and adding frozen bottles every few hours I'm not willing to do.... Again lol

Cheers man :)

Lol I'm sorry if you thought I was being negative. Was just a quick question I was on my tablet and I have shorter responses then when on my desktop lol

You know your strain better then I do lol I was just wondering is all. I fought with dwc for 4 months 2 crops totally down the shitter. I'm just trying to learn what I did wrong besides my high rez temps. I wanna do Dwc again but I can't afford a chiller, and adding frozen bottles every few hours I'm not willing to do.... Again lol

Cheers man :)

And I thought you thought I was being negative....now that's funny.

Done with that...LOL.

I would consider myself a nob. Novice, rookie... I am still in the learning stages of growing and only know what I know because of the 420 family.

I have no idea what I'm doing...LOL. I have no idea of what strain it is but am under the impression its White Widow. Your questions help my research...LOL. But really, if your a member of this site and you failed then your just to stupid to grow...LOL. How can we fail with the support and knowledge. After all, its still just a weed....get it....Weed....LOL. But really folks...LOL. Ok, I'm high...LOL.

What we share here is our success's and our failures. Our failures are (hopefully) someone else's success. And their success's are passed on to the community. Which I am a part of so you see, as you learn and I fail we become better at what we're trying to do....but I digress...LOL.

Ok, it's my journal so I can ramble but lets get back to business....

Unless your in a room that is constantly very cold you will fight the high res temps. Your light will put off heat and the other equipment will put off heat. The ice is getting old for me which is why I purchased a chiller. Under $160 for both the chiller and the controller. It will be installed on a 6 gallon res.

Pics to follow...

Week 15, Day 4, 102 Days, 81st LST, 76th Topping-18/6, 38th 12/12, 30th LED/Flower

As promised pics....

Questions, comments and input are welcomed....

IMG_105322.JPG
IMG_105418.JPG
IMG_105227.JPG
IMG_105022.JPG
IMG_104719.JPG
IMG_104821.JPG
IMG_104919.JPG
IMG_104612.JPG
IMG_104513.JPG
IMG_104415.JPG
IMG_104019.JPG
IMG_104317.JPG