AKGramma's Harlequin Soil Grow Fall 2018

Sounds like something I need to try.

It's easy, totally natural, and it works. My "patient" is pain free after only 3 days on the tincture, and small pinches of dried herb in his cooking to keep the cannabis levels up in his body.

Save all your leaves, trim, mini-buds, male flowers, pods, etc., till you have enough to work with. Since my grow is so small, I have to build up the trimmings as I go.

I have two batches decanted and one I started last night with Don Q 141, as we couldn't find Bicardi 141. Both are rums and you don't have to let the alcohol evaporate (like you do Vodka) to get it potent enough.

The leftover mash has a nice aroma, mellow with overtones of the rum used in the tincture. I am positive that it will make a flavorful herb to add to meals and still provide some healing cannabinoids.

:thumb:I'm a big rum & cannabis fan, that sounds so good.:welldone::slide::bongrip::Namaste:

I've used both, and I much prefer the stronger rum over the weaker Vodka. tastes a whole lot better, too! :yummy:

I want to make some tincture but have a question about the strength/potency. I want to make some to assist my mom with insomnia but don’t want to get her messed up.

I fill a mason jar with chopped up bud, and cover with 141 proof, let sit for a month at least, strain out the bud.

How do you tell how strong it is?

I want to make some tincture but have a question about the strength/potency. I want to make some to assist my mom with insomnia but don’t want to get her messed up.

I fill a mason jar with chopped up bud, and cover with 141 proof, let sit for a month at least, strain out the bud.

How do you tell how strong it is?

Take a small sip. it will be very strong and burn your mouth. The best way to ingest a TB or two is in wine with some soda pop in it (wine cooler). Or it can be mixed in any kind of non-alcoholic drink, like fruit juice or V8. Or she can go with a beer chaser. Be creative.

I do 2 oz tincture + 4 oz wine + top off the glass with diet coke. In about 15 - 30 minutes, I am ready for my pillow. LOL!

Each batch is different, depending on the plant material. Start off with one TB, then next night try 2 TB. You want that sweet spot where you just start to get sleepy. The tincture is a night-time medication.

I always mix leaves, minibuds, pollen and/or pods, since I use the ground herb for cooking, but I also use the dried plant material for a tincture, as well.

BTW, save the mash after decanting, dry and grind it. It makes a great cooking herb, and will give you small regular doses of the cannabinoids left in the mash.

I found out that Bicardi quit making their 141, so if I use a rum (which tastes better than vodka) I have to go with Don Q or Cruzan. Both come in 141 or so.

I've also had good results with an 80 proof. You might have to use a higher dose for your night-time medication.

Since my grow is already halfway to the lights, and the 4 plants have no more room sideways, I flipped them last night at 9 weeks in veg. This is 3 weeks earlier than my usual, as I like to let them veg a full 12 weeks.

Up to now, I haven't needed to give them any nutes, since I pre-treated the soil weeks before the transplant. Leaves are still solidly green and no sign of mites at all. This is the first time I ever added neem oil to the pre-treatment. Pre-treating early seemed like a good idea to prevent burning the babies.

No one but me touched them, and there were no other sources of mites brought into the grow. So that, combined with pre-treatment of the soil with neem, seems to have solved the mite problem! :yahoo:

Now to get them through flower......

Four days into the flip, I gave the grow its first nute drench. I used Earth Juice Bloom and liquid seaweed extract. They were dry enough to easily lift the bins, and one lower leaf was drooping. An all over inspection found no signs of mites.

The grow unit is crammed full of leaves and vigorous branches. I only Fimmed once, just to slow them up a bit, but not to make each plant too full. There is a sweet scent wafting through the mobile home. I'm happy that Harley isn't dank! :yummy:

The Harleys measure 19" to 21". The Afghani is a full 24" tall, measured from soil line. They look taller because they are in 13" tall 3-gallon trash bins.

I get the feeling, when I open the flap and gaze at their lush beauty, that they are getting ready to stretch. I sense a lot of energy building up ...... on the verge of something WONDERFUL! :yahoo:

:thumb:nice color to your plants:Namaste:

That is because I left the LED's on. They tend to reflect the red. The leaves are all deep green and healthy.

Back
Top Bottom