Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

:theband:here is you Mr. Ad's band is here. Everybody dance the night away.
Now about your plants. o_O. Those clones are beasts.

A live wire, barely a beginner
But just watch that lady go
She's on fire, 'cause dancin' gets her higher than
Anything else she knows

Love that song!

Thanks, Newfun!

Love the dry rack over there.

Oh yes - washing teh bud!

It’s pistils btw ;), with an ‘i’ - I always think that prolly got mistyped once, back in the day and is now one of the most common missspellings in online cannabis culture (and that’s saying something, there are a few!). Well dominate, instead of dominant would be a close second ;)

In fact, :nerd-with-glasses:, pistil is only half correct for that part of the taxonomy. The pistil is actually a whole structure that goes down inside the bract and what we see are only the hairs of this structure, or ‘stigmas’ ;)

I figure you’re new to the scene Ala, I’ll bore you with my ‘corrections’ of cannabis folklore misnomers - get ‘em while they’re young... :laughtwo:

Oh yes - washing teh bud!

It’s pistils btw ;), with an ‘i’ - I always think that prolly got mistyped once, back in the day and is now one of the most common missspellings in online cannabis culture (and that’s saying something, there are a few!). Well dominate, instead of dominant would be a close second ;)

In fact, :nerd-with-glasses:, pistil is only half correct for that part of the taxonomy. The pistil is actually a whole structure that goes down inside the bract and what we see are only the hairs of this structure, or ‘stigmas’ ;)

I figure you’re new to the scene Ala, I’ll bore you with my ‘corrections’ of cannabis folklore misnomers - get ‘em while they’re young... :laughtwo:

Well, "shoot". Sorry for the misspelling.

Oh goodness don’t apologise for it -its all over this site and the internet! I really think that’s how many people think it is spelled ;) It also gets auto-‘corrected’ to pistols a lot. I just took the opportunity because I know you haven’t been in cannabis long enough to form habits ... so to get you started off on the “right” foot :) Mostly I keep the pedant in me fairly quiet, but occasionally it pops up to share!

Oh goodness don’t apologise for it -its all over this site. I really think that’s how many people think it is spelled ;) I just took the opportunity because I know you haven’t been in cannabis long enough to form habits ... so to get you started off on the “right” foot :) Mostly I keep the pedant quiet, but occasionally it pops up to share!

There should have been a laughy face. "pistol"..."shoot"... :D

Roll Tide and happy growing!

Today is Day 15 of 12/12.

It got hot again today. Up to 88 in the flower tent. It was 95 in the garage before I got things cooled off.

That being the case I went ahead and watered everyone. This has been working pretty well. I pH'd the water to 6.7-6.8, again using vinegar. It took about 5 gallons in all.

I also cleaned the humidifier today using clorox.

The remaining clones look good.

I rearranged the flower tent slightly, placing Nikita in the back and Westley toward the front. I tweaked the light arrangement a bit as well to more evenly distribute the light.

Hope all y'all have had a good day. Maybe some pictures will make it better.

You have some great looking plants Al! And @Tangled Awesome photos!

You and the wife, keep doing you! You guys are rocking it!! :yahoo:

Thanks, backlipslide!

Congratulations on your nomination for MOTM!

Very happy with the health of the tent today, in particular Orange Sherbet and Northern Lights.

Garage and tent temps are in the mid 70’s (75 and 77 respectively) with an RH of 28%. Outside it is 82 Vulcan degrees with RH of 9% and quite windy.

So glad to have you along for this journey. Thank you all for the advice, tips, and encouragement. I’m excited for today and the next stages.

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

Pretty much have everyone tucked in tonight.

I am officially soliciting opinions on a couple of items:

1. a good loupe for use with an iphone

2. a decent scale (or maybe one for larger amounts and one for more precise measurements)

I'm not looking for top notch on either. Good enough will do. I'd like to stay under $50 for each and maybe for both. I've looked. I've seen a few. What I'm asking you guys is have you used one you like or know of others' experiences both for those to stay away from and those that are good deals.

I'll also probably buy a capsule filling "machine" and one or two other things (like boveda packs). Trying to begin getting ready for harvest and have things in place. Any must haves?

I bought a cheap but accurate scale from Wallyworld. I also bought some oxygen absorbers for the jarred stored weed. Once burping is done I figure it will help to slow the aging process.
If you find patience for sale stock up for trimming stage. You are going to need it judging by the size of your ladies. Lol

I bought a cheap but accurate scale from Wallyworld. I also bought some oxygen absorbers for the jarred stored weed. Once burping is done I figure it will help to slow the aging process.
If you find patience for sale stock up for trimming stage. You are going to need it judging by the size of your ladies. Lol

I once asked God to give me patience and give it to me now. I soon regretted it. :D

Looking forward to harvest but also know there's gonna be a lot of work.

Patience is a blessing and a curse. Seems sometimes the more patience you attain, the more it's put to the test.
When those times happen, I figure there must be a reason in the "grand plan". Something for me to learn or something.

Hey, is there a grand plan or am I just pacifying myself? Lol

Patience is a blessing and a curse. Seems sometimes the more patience you attain, the more it's put to the test.
When those times happen, I figure there must be a reason in the "grand plan". Something for me to learn or something.

Hey, is there a grand plan or am I just pacifying myself? Lol

You're not alone in those thoughts.

Any scale will do. I bought one from wal mart, worked great. Needs to be the 0.00 rating, not the 0.0

They tend to be more precise then the 0.0

I have an I phone attachment, that apparently has X lenses. I’ve never used them, but it comes with fish eye lense, landscaping lense, a 30x lense, a 60x lense. But again I’ve never used it . It also came with a stand for my phone... I’ll have to dig it out one of these days and give it a try.

I’ve just been using the loupe with the 30x and 60x lense, it had lil led lights on both lenses, for more, clearer views. Hope this helps, I don’t see how, I didn’t really answer any questions :laugh:

Have a good day everyone!!

And yet your non-answer answer still has useful information and is appreciated. :D

@FishEyedFool , I gotta get you ready for tomorrow, so...

Washin' the Bud

Have you seen Doc Buds' post for the cleansing power?
Are you washin' the bud of the plant?
Are you fully trusting in removing dour?

Are you washin' the bud
In Three pails cleanse the bud of the plant?
Are your pistols spotless? Are they white as snow?

Lay aside the flowers that are stained with rot
And be washin' the bud of the plant
There's a fountain flowing for the bloom unclean
O, be washin' the bud of the plant

Are you washin' the bud
In Three pails cleanse the bud of the plant?
Are your pistols spotless? Are they white as snow?

YMMV on who enjoys this version.
Any good Southern Baptist will recognize this tune. "Please turn your hymnals to page 185, 'Are You Washed in the Blood of the Lamb' ". You're taking me back to when my Dad was pastoring a church, and having to sit on a church pew, trying to entertain myself during choir practice. It was a brutal thing for an 8 year old boy to endure. My son knows no boredom like church choir practice boredom.

Any good Southern Baptist will recognize this tune. "Please turn your hymnals to page 185, 'Are You Washed in the Blood of the Lamb' ". You're taking me back to when my Dad was pastoring a church, and having to sit on a church pew, trying to entertain myself during choir practice. It was a brutal thing for an 8 year old boy to endure. My son knows no boredom like church choir practice boredom.

No Nintendo or iPhone back then either. It was congregate or imaginate. :D

We've gone to the local episcopal church a few times lately. I pine for those old hymns. Veni Sancte Spiritus is nice and all, but it just ain't the same.

Back
Top Bottom