Am I ready to flower? Plants don't look so healthy

SlickChief

I really want to flower, they are a little over 5 weeks old.

I want to start flowering them when they are healthy though.

How do they look? I had forgot to water them a few times and had 3 scary moments where they were looking very wilted/unwatered. They've bounced back since then, but what's a good game plan to get them nice and healthy before switching the light schedule?
10833879_10202965992331278_1075786183_n.jpg
10379284_10202965992411280_46390775_n.jpg

10818794_10202965993691312_830657375_n.jpg
10815849_10202965992211275_1588214427_n.jpg

Looks like you might have a deficiency problem. The reason I think it's a deficiency is because of the brown spots.
cannabis_leaf-deficiencies3115.jpg

use this chart to diagnose the problem. I would not put them in flower until you get them stabilized and healthy. Most growers veg their girls for a minimum of 8 weeks before switching to 12/12. Good Luck and "Keep The Green Side Up"

Thanks guys!
I've been feeding them Big Bloom and Grow Big...Thanks for the chart I'll try my best as I'm partially color blind.
Defoliate as in cut?

Looks like a little bit of P - phosphorus def.

It can happen in late veg but normally appears around early flowering most of the time.

But may suggest rate of application of nutrients & if feeding 1/4 or 1/2 strength nutrients ? it is about time to adjust to full amount.

On the whole, your plants look okay. If you're using FF, just be careful on the strength your using. The published charts for FF are IMHO too strong. At this stage, I'd still only be using 1/4 maybe 1/2 of the recommended strengths. As for the leaves, I will not tell you this is science, but my thinking is to just leave them on until they drop off. The plant can use every last drop of energy from them. Again, just my opinion.

On the whole, your plants look okay. If you're using FF, just be careful on the strength your using. The published charts for FF are IMHO too strong. At this stage, I'd still only be using 1/4 maybe 1/2 of the recommended strengths. As for the leaves, I will not tell you this is science, but my thinking is to just leave them on until they drop off. The plant can use every last drop of energy from them. Again, just my opinion.

Ditto on the FF schedules, I use roughly half of their recommended dosages and works just fine.

get rid of the big fan leaves buddy ,just pluck them off.adjust your feed like the boys are saying in the above posts .then its up to you what you do .you have many options ,stay in veg ,go into flower,ect, ect. me i would pluck big fan leaves off ,sort my feed out and if she looks happy ,flip her .happydays.yeaman

PROBLEMS!

My right-plant looks so unhealthy...it makes me cringe.
Analysis?
Any help is appreciated as i'm almost at a panic!

I just fed them full-strength big bloom and grow big for the first time.
10833805_10203007417446880_1068689068_n.jpg
10819110_10203007417406879_698251533_n.jpg
10818772_10203007417646885_1111673218_n.jpg
10685236_10203007417486881_191252313_n.jpg

Ok fill this out and we can get to the bottom of this:
How many plants? What strains?
How old are they?
Indoor or outdoor?
How big is your area if its indoors and is it well ventilated?
What medium/soil are you using?
Whats the size of the containers?
What's your lighting set up?
What's the temperature and humidity like at any given time?
What's your ph like, both medium and nutes?
Any pests around?
What is your watering schedule like?

fill out what stealthboat has ^^^^^^^^^^

you need our help,like YESTERDAY

But there is a few pieces missing to start to help,
If these plants are confirmed female,then I would prepare to take cuttings
You CANNOT flower these girls yet,we need to get them into a little better health

Slickchief,are you in north america(It will help with nutrient advice)

Shit, been so busy with other life stuff, but here goes:

How many plants? What strains? 2 Plants, GDP
How old are they? 7 Weeks
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
How big is your area if its indoors and is it well ventilated? 3feetTall x 1.5 deep x 2.5 wide
What medium/soil are you using? FoxFarm Ocean Forest
Whats the size of the containers? 2 Gallon Fabric Pots
What's your lighting set up? 300W Platinum LED P300
What's the temperature and humidity like at any given time? Quite volatile, my monitor says min 60% to 99% and temp from 60F to 80F, not sure average
What's your ph like, both medium and nutes? When i feed them about 6-6.5, unsure about soil.
Any pests around? Not that I know of, before i started my grow i used a fogger in the area as well as organic pesticides
What is your watering schedule like? Every 3 or 4 days

Let it be noted that one of my plants is thriving, just the one that's near the intake is not doing so well.
Thank you so much for any help!

*Yes I am in North America and they are clones

Hmm I believe the FFOF soil already has some nutes in it, so maybe you overfed her by accident? What do you use to move the air around in your tent? Do you have an extractor fan up top? Not sure on this but might be rootbound? They look pretty big, I just can't tell from the pics. How far is that LED away from the plants? That humidity sounds like a big problem, anything over 65% and bugs or mold might come into play. 40-65% is the safe zone. The gap bewteen high and low temp shouldn't be more than 15F if possible. My room has max of 77F and low of 66F during flower, humidity between 30-35%. ph sounds ok for now, I'm guessing the FFOF likes ph a tad bit higher than soilless so maybe 6.3-6.5? Good job keeping the pests out, keep doing your thing. Waterings sound about right, but what nutes do you use?

when you say the ph is "about" how are you testing it??

the soil ph can be read by measuring the runoff,try and get 20% runoff. I take 3 samples of runoff,Just like a piss test,begging stream middle stream and end stream.
A ppm/ec meter is also a handy tool in this hobby.

with that soil(that I dont use anymore)I would like to see everything in the 6.3-6.7 range

Any grey/white mold on the plant which is badly effected around those growing tips ?

RH (relative humidity) seems a tad high but i would think 99% RH is during the lights of period it is where RH spikes to be honest.

Got any air flow like a fan blowing air around canopy of plants ?

Extraction/exhaust fan should run 24/7 also...

Myself i've just started using dehumidifier during the lights off period only and in the past lights off RH spiked between 70% to 80% in a soil grow, had it as high as 95% with hempy bucket grow... ye that got bud rot.

With the dehumidifier running RH is pretty stable between 40% to 45% on average with lights off, i turn the dehumidifier off during lights on as i'm old school with hps with RH between 45% to 55% aprox.

My best advice is to switch it into flower. The hormones go crazy and have always perked up for me. Lack of watering makes the roots go nuts and plants work on trying to find water rather then growing. Maybe try watering every other day but half as much as you were.

95% RH at any time is just wrong. thats just down to air movement and extraction .nothing else. increasing your extraction will bring down your RH, that is if your humidity outside your grow area is not high. if this is high too. then the only way around it is a dehumidifier. but if the humidity is ok outside the grow area then you need more extraction. happydays.

Back
Top Bottom