Amount of plants in 4x4 tent: 120x120x200

I too am a newbie. I only have two grows under my belt. I have a 4 x 4 tent and both grows I have run four 5 gallon buckets. There's a ton of room when you get started but at the end of the grow my tent is full. I'm going to start another one in a couple months and I'll do the same thing.

I must say i rate 4x4 tent grows over any other size tent, great size to control environment.

If i grow in a 4x4, 1 week from seedling to 1st leaves, then 6 weeks veg, screen 12" above pots, took and weave, i pull 20oz+ grown in coco above 600w HPS lights.

I will say one thing the more crowded the space the more of a nightmare it can also be.

Welcome MK this is my two bobs worth on plant count I have tried lots of combinations in that size space with different size fabric pots in coco. I have run 25 in 3.5 litres, 9 in 6.5 litres, 4 in 8 litres and 1 in 22 litres. It’s all about veg times the 25 run was flowered at 6 inches high, 9 run at 12 inches high, 4 run at 18 inches and the 1 run was vegged in a scrog net till it filled the space then flowered. So my findings,all yielded basically the same the 25 run was hard going to feed I would not recommend that plus the bud was not that great small and a bit airy. 9 run was a bit of struggle with space but good bud, 4 run which in my opinion is the best by far in ease to grow excellent bud and the 1 plant great bud but took forever to veg. So for me it’s the 4 count in 8 litre fabric pots that’s what I run all the time now, I top them once at 4 inches high train them then I multifeed them in flower and get 18 to 20 ozs depending on strain consistently with no co2 or ac,hope this helps and good luck with your first grow.

Welcome MK this is my two bobs worth on plant count I have tried lots of combinations in that size space with different size fabric pots in coco. I have run 25 in 3.5 litres, 9 in 6.5 litres, 4 in 8 litres and 1 in 22 litres. It’s all about veg times the 25 run was flowered at 6 inches high, 9 run at 12 inches high, 4 run at 18 inches and the 1 run was vegged in a scrog net till it filled the space then flowered. So my findings,all yielded basically the same the 25 run was hard going to feed I would not recommend that plus the bud was not that great small and a bit airy. 9 run was a bit of struggle with space but good bud, 4 run which in my opinion is the best by far in ease to grow excellent bud and the 1 plant great bud but took forever to veg. So for me it’s the 4 count in 8 litre fabric pots that’s what I run all the time now, I top them once at 4 inches high train them then I multifeed them in flower and get 18 to 20 ozs depending on strain consistently with no co2 or ac,hope this helps and good luck with your first grow.
Great research

Do you run the same strain every time?

does this look good for week 8 of flowering
EF8F77D8-A167-41D1-9605-CD1524B30F2B.jpeg
EF8F77D8-A167-41D1-9605-CD1524B30F2B.jpeg

To GM no I run different strains I have run the same with mothers in the passed with great results and would still but people here are fussy and always looking for something different so I run three different strains at the same time now in three 4x8 tents with 2x600 watt in 2 and 1x600 watt in one for veg and get over a 1 kilo of bud per month and each month is a different strain.
BBM I would defoliate some of those big fan leaves as they are blocking the bottom buds from light and try to train your girls to utilise all your space and your yields will get better but they look good.

Those are nightmares (especially with those pots). I had them on my second grow with those kind of pots. I finally got a handle on them, but it took a while. The vinegar's a nice touch. Do many land in there?

trichs are mostly clear changing to milky, its been 8weeks and 3 days the seeds were blue cookies from crop king, they say its 9 week flowering so as soon as i see just one amber trich i am going to start with finishing them up. 48+ hours darkness and the last watering is plain ice cold tap water

Those are nightmares (especially with those pots). I had them on my second grow with those kind of pots. I finally got a handle on them, but it took a while. The vinegar's a nice touch. Do many land in there?

i have been using MICROBELIFT, botanigard es, pyrethrum, spinosad and neem to combat pests and i still have bugs flying around. starting to think they arent fungus gnats, i found a couple bugs still alive “stuck“ in a bud. i think they are fungus gnats, prob part of the reason the plants are so small to begin with.

i also tried to manifold tge plants, which i feel pushed my time back alot and stunted growth

BBM never heard of using ice cold water to flush before? Surly this will shock the roots and slow your finishing off down? I keep a heater and two disc air stones in my res so my feed and plain water to flush is at 20c/21c 68f/70f as this temp is best for getting the most oxygen into it. When I started I didn’t bother and I can tell you this really makes a difference with growth, and when flushing keep an eye on your humidity as it can get high and cause the dreaded bud rot, lots of people chop early and lose out on yield ,be patient you are nearly there good luck.

This is the tent. It will all come on friday
Im thinking to change the size down to 80cm x 80cm x 160cm

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190122-115906_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190122-115906_Chrome.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom