Another First Timer

Update time! Week 8

So the plants are still around the same height. Not much growth over the last week, however they are all perky and alive.

IMG_67183.JPG

However, I am pretty sure Number 2 is a Male. I was closely inspecting the Pre-flower sex signs, and Number 2 has the ball on a stick off of one of the nodes. However, it's not like this for all of the signs on the plant, just one specific one that I've seen so far. What's your input on this?

Untitled-172.jpg

If it's a male.... hell, if they are all males, I would be bummed out, but not discouraged. This was an experimental grow with seeds from a male plant. I wanted to test my skills at growing, since I've killed many seeds in the past.

But if they all turn out to be male, I'm still going to flower them. I can atleast break the buds down into shake, and separate the seeds. But I will buy Feminized seeds next time. Possibly and Auto strain, but that's a topic for another time.

In other news, since spring time is coming pretty fast for us up in Northern Cali, the Wife and I have started a bunch of seeds for an assortment of Herbs and Veggies.... and Tomato's. So far, I have two sprouts on the tomato's, One for some sweet bell peppers and one for some Cilantro.

I'm expecting a pretty nice paycheck next week (Quarterly Bonus paycheck), I will be buying Four Warm White Tubes, and possibly some 2700k CFL's to light from underneath.

It looks like a sack, sry man. You might have a male but there's still hope for females with the others! The males produce pollen sacks. Females usually produce buds. Seeds appear on a female when it has been pollinated by a male or stressed into making seeds(hermie).

Green female mojo for you, LoLIsh! Plants are looking nice :yummy:

I recommend you keep them girls short, by some manner of LST, FIM, or topping. In other words get them into 12/12 before they get any taller. You can LST in flower no problems. I advise against anything more aggressive during flower. Keep in mind your floro and cfls only have so much penetration power. With cfls you also get a fair amount of heat as they run hotter than tubes. Choose wisely based on your conditions. Dont expect a lot of density in your grow if only have minimal floros. More light the better if you can manage the heat.

I changed the grow area to get ready for the 12/12 cycle. Tomorrow they get their first light with the warmer color. I have yet to add any CFL's, so it's just the Four tubes.

031512222939.jpg

Crappy camera phone photo. Throws off the white balance.

I'm pretty sure Number 1 and 2 are both males, but I'm going to wait about a week before i pull the axe out.

I am also pretty sure that Number 3 is a Female, but not sure yet about Number 4. I thought Number 4 would have been a male since it grew taller than any of the others.

I bought myself some Earth Juice Verde Fire Bloom. I'm thinking of picking up EJ's Catalyst. I should have today, but I think I'll stop by again tomorrow.

Looking good. I would try to even up that canopy. The short ones are to far away from the light. You need to keep the light within 4" of the tops to get any decent production. Otherwise they will grow spindly and sparse. If you could add some side lighting it would help a lot. The taller one I would have topped before going to 12/12. Its not to late to change back, top and wait a week or two and then flower. I do think it would serve you better as far as the final bud count. Keep in mind they will at least try to double in size. Tall you don't want when growing with florescent. Were those T5 or what, don't recall?

I have the canopy uneven right now because I plan on ditching numbers 1 and 2.

I had planned on leaving two plants UN topped, just because I wanted to see the yeild and growth differences.

Good enough reason for me, go for it. The spirit of adventure.....

Yup. I figured why not, its not like they're high quality seeds. I have literally hundreds more, so I'm not worried about it.

I'm not concerned with the plants trying to double in size. They are an Indica strain, so hopefully they just stay short and get more bushy.

And I'm using Four T-12's. 40 Watts each, 3000k color temperature. The lowest I could find for T12s around here.

Once I have the plants narrowed down to just females, I'm going to tie the branches back alittle, try and get the most light to all the branches below. They have a decent amount of light getting down there, with trimming the fan leaves and what not.

First day of 12/12.

This is how the set up is right now. Hanging are Two 23w 2700k CFL's.

IMG_67261.JPG

The picture is a little over exposed where it's white, because it's not really that bright in the room.

I went ahead and bought the Earth Juice Catalyst today, and added it to my mix I made. I plan on feeding them their first Blooming nutes on Sunday.

Question:

Should I add a little bit of Nitrogen to my nute mix for the first watering to kinda ween it down?

And, how long do I have until the Males will pollenate?

Back
Top Bottom