Another First Timer

Because I would love to use these plants to breed later on. The buds I broke these seeds out of was great for my Knee pain, and I would love to see if I can transfer that trait on by crossing them with the Orange Bud and Ortega Indica. I would just designate a small lowest bud and keep a hawks eye on them, make sure it doesn't spread.

great grow, too bad all of them wound up male. But I wish you luck on your new seeds. I am growing hydro but I think this summer I will try growing in soil. Week by week it looks like your babies grew exponentially. that's pretty impressive. anywhooo nice grow! I'll be tuned into your next one :)

So I bought some more supplies and set up a new Veg room. I'm going to keep the flower room how it is, and just have a veg room in a separate part of the house.

IMG_67672.JPG

I'll add some reflectors soon. The plant that is up there is just some random bag seed again. Once I get my good seeds, I'm going to ditch that plant out of here, and grow the two new ones. I have set up the lights to have one over each plant. The light on the side just helps for around the sides. Does a decent job, but isn't very bright.

I still have my other Fluoro tubes, and I may buy a few more fixtures, and set those back up on top, and move the CFL's to the sides. But that'll have to wait for another day.

In other related news, the boys are 12 weeks old today, and have been in 12/12 for 14 days. They are doing very well.

So when I get these new seeds, I planned on topping them, then letting it grow out some, then topping again, then again, and so forth. I want to create some nice bushes out of them.

Cheers!

Hey LoLIsh, glad to hear you're keeping your males alive for their pollen. Creating seeds is not only fun, but a good experience for learning about the plants genetics and growth.

Try picking one of your favorite males (strongest, symmetrical , robust) for pollen. In my experience the males pollinate for about 2 to 3 weeks. You'll be able to tell when they're about to pollinate, their sacks get swollen and you'll notice pollen on the leaves. At that point there are several different ways to collect pollen, putting the plant in a paper grocery bag, taping foil around the stem shoots, cutting the branch off then putting it in a bag and shaking it until all the pollen comes off.. The way I have done it was to take a piece of paper, bring it underneath the pollen sacks and shaking the branch so pollen falls off onto the paper.

After you have collected it, you can store it in an air tight vial inside the freezer, up to several months. Each time the pollen is taken out to be thawed, it looses potency. I'm not sure what the shelf life is without freezer.. Once your females are ready, around 2-3 weeks flowering, you can take a small paint brush, dip it in the pollen - then paint it on your buds. About 6 weeks later, or whenever you start to see the brown seeds popping out, you are ready to harvest your seeds.
Hope this helps you out, LoLIsh.

..Also, do you think maybe there are too many lights on that seedling? Granted you can never have too many lights, but maybe too many lights without reflection could add a few extra bucks on your electricity bill without purpose? JMHO.. I would keep one or two lights on it until it had at least three nodes..

Green mojo to you man! Good luck with your new seeds! :peace:

Thanks a bunch for the info Live! I shall try that method. So, when the plant expels pollen, does it go all over the place, or just fall downward? I can keep all fans off during that period in that case.

I only had the lights up and on for a picture. The only light on the seedling is the light on the back wall. I wasn't going to use the other lights until I had reflectors built and the seeds in the dirt.

They aren't. The veg area is in a different room.

Sounds like your on top of things! Keep us posted once you go to pollinate id be curious to see which method you go with and its potential pros and cons.

Yeah id be careful with fans, nudging them etc. breeding seeds is fun, waking up to a room full of seeded females down the road is not fun. Id consider investing in some panda plastic and lining the entire room beforehand. Then you can just un-tape it and basically take it out without having too much to worry about (kinda like the sho time show Dexter). Also, i know your growing inside however if one pest wanders over to the male plant then wonders next door to the ladies you could have a problem. Precautions are well worth the investment.

So at 14 days, I noticed some of the pods opening up. Kinda caught me off guard. I turned off the fan in the room, and will be covering the room tomorrow when I can get supplies.

IMG_67701.JPG

Pretty much told the wife that room's off limits, but just open the door very slowly! That room is kinda like a storage room too, lol.

Got word yesterday that my seeds have entered the country. So hopefully they will be delivered this week. What would be nice is to have them sprout on Saturday, like all my other seeds have, lol. Keeps it easy to track the weeks.

Cheers!

Hey everybody. Back with a mid week update.

The boys are doing good. I don't have a picture of them tonight, but they are all so 'bally'! I am going to set down my plastic sheeting I bought to protect the carpet, and wall off the flower room. Turn it into a box.... kinda.

So this little guy is 11 days old now. Growing pretty much the same as all the others.... in terms of speed. However, this plant has fatter leaves than the other strain, and has some color fading on the leaves. I have seen a few other plants with this on the boards, but I'm not sure if anythings wrong with it. It seem healthy.

040412215602.jpg

I got my new seeds in the mail today. Over all, it's been an awesome Friday!

Even cooler you say? I got Two free seeds with my order, Both from World of Seeds.

Northern Lights x Skunk

and

Afghan Kush x Skunk

I am so freakin' excited! However, I'm not going to grow the freebies just yet. I'm going to save them from Grow #3. I want to focus on the Orange Bud and Ortega Indica first. Plus, I plan on using a lot of room for one plant. Going to try and top the hell out of them.

My kind of post my man, keep us updated i would love to see and hear more

So you got those seeds in addition? what did you originally order? and let me know when you get them i haven't dealt with that company and would like to know your general area and if they arrived (NE, NW, SW, not in the states etc. no specifics just general if you don't want to disclose that don't worry about it) just trying to figure out what company i can relay for my area for next time

Back
Top Bottom