Another First Timer

Sorry I have been inactive, just have been letting the boys do their thing. I placed a plastic tarp under the plants, and closed their area off with another tarp. A lot of leaves are getting snowed on like crazy!

But enough of those guys. I transplanted the guinea pig into a 2L bottle.

040912175357.jpg

Albatross - I ordered Orange Bud by Dutch Passions and Ortega Indica by Dutch Passions. Ordered through that website. Another one of the awesome sponsors!

I live in the NW. I got my order about a week or so after I ordered. They are shipped from England, and the order tracking sucks, but they seem reliable. The package is discreet and is labeled as a DVD.

Hey everybody. I'm back with an update for the boys and guinea. I think that's going to be it's official name.

First off, the boys are pollenating like crazy.

041312183457.jpg

041312183608.jpg

And Guinea.
041312184050.jpg

Guinea has taken a liking to be transplanted. Look at the root growth! I still have not used any Nutes with this plant by the way. Wasn't planning on it. Just the Nutes that are in the Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil.

041312184151.jpg

And has this crazy root on the top.
041312184341.jpg

That's all I've got for now!
Cheers!

Thanks for the info! And everything looks good :bravo: just one thing concerned me so I want to try and tell ya what i know about surface roots.

I think 1 or 2 things happened. You have either changed the grade of the plant when you transplanted it, which can cause the roots to actually wrap around the plant and slowly suffocate it, also roots dont like light so its not really doing any good being up there. As well as opening it up to infection.
Or you may be watering too often and not not letting that root want to go down and collect water. Causing it to surface. I would just put maybe a 1/2" of soil in there just a little more than enough to cover it and stay that way after watering so it will properly function and aid you in your journey :)

It would be really cool if it was some kind of mutation and it had rhizomes in it, I would clone the living shit out of that if it was :high-five:

Hey everybody. Happy 4/20! Hope all is well with everyone.

So I cut off the tops on Numbers 2 and 4 yesterday. Number 4 was leaning on 3, and I wanted to even up the canopy and stop those from growing too much taller than the others. Number 4 was already a whole foot taller than the others. Number 2 was only a few inches taller than 1 and 3. 1 and 3 were about the same.

Here's a photo of the best looking cluster of pollen sacks. This is from Number 1. After I took this photo, I took a bunch of pollen from it. This is the only plant I'm going to use for breeding. I feel it was the best. Funny, because I remember it being the best looking seed.

IMG_67981.JPG
\

Cheers!

topping does not yield more

... I heard it varies with plants, some like it.. Some don't.

I remember seeing a side by side (done with cuttings of course) where the topped one yielded more... Not only that, each cola was at least the size of the single cola plant... I'm sure thats not always the case. But plants that handle it well seem to yield more.

And if your going 12/12 from seed... Doesn't DocBud show that topping is good? He delays flower a bit by doing so, and ends up with more than one top...

Anywho, the plants are great LoLish! Very well done!

Thanks THSea. I do know that the Orange bud plant I'm going to grow is great for SoG, so I was going to try and stretch it out to get the most light to the most tops I could.

Well yesterday while checking up on the boys, I noticed that at around the Week 5 point, they started to get some trychs on the tops. I planned on letting them get to about 8 weeks. But we'll see how they do.

Untitled-175.jpg

I will admit, I have neglected them a bit this past week, but I didn't let them go too far without water.

Hello everybody. So, I want to experiment with topping Guinea, but by pretty much cutting it in half. I have good reasoning, but I'm afraid that it will shock the plant just too much. Any thoughts?

By cutting it that low, It would create an close nit canopy of 8 nodes below. I would have to keep them trimmed, and try and keep them as even as possible through re-growth. But I wanted to try this so if it is successful, then I would do it to my next plants.

IMG_68171.JPG

Since this plant will be by itself during flower, I'll have plenty of room to stretch. Even afterwards, I'll only have Two in there, still leaving me with enough room to stretch them.

Back
Top Bottom