Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

re: Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

I switched to LEDs a few months back and kept getting minor deficiency's that I don't normally get (I use a pretty hot organic soil), thanks to my lurking around 420 I knew to get some cal mag and alls been well since, I don't profess to understand why this is but it almost seems they need the extra cal mag to uptake the other nutes when under LEDs, I know you'd dismissed getting some because of your hard water but I think it might help.

She's looking great Antics.:popcorn:

Thanks man!

Hi Antics - looks like you got a great grow going on there !!

Subbed and got caught up on 12 pages,,,, she's really taking off now !! Just in time for me to enjoy.

Pretty freaky in the beginning, but she's making up for it now.

Welcome to the party! It's always a fun little adventure with each plant. Even with the few problems and such, it's still been a fun grow so far.

I switched to LEDs a few months back and kept getting minor deficiency's that I don't normally get (I use a pretty hot organic soil), thanks to my lurking around 420 I knew to get some cal mag and alls been well since, I don't profess to understand why this is but it almost seems they need the extra cal mag to uptake the other nutes when under LEDs, I know you'd dismissed getting some because of your hard water but I think it might help.

Yeah this is what a few people have said actually, so I think you're right on. I might have to pick some up very shortly if this continues.

And I see you just joined the other day, welcome to :420:

Sorry to hear about the lil mishap but it seems like you got it, and the plant will bounce back. So far looking pretty good Antics.

Ah shit happens man. I just to go with it and see what I can do to get things on track. I've learned so much here at 420 Magazine, honestly man, problems really don't bother me much. And the people here are just constantly helping out.. like when I got my LED, they gave me tips that plants don't all like LED from seed, and that the plants can tend to use more nutes with LEDs.. So I was much more prepared.

The people here are just fucking awesome. This is the best group of people you could ever hope to meet online, all in one place.

It looks like crap and you got no skills bro.
:nicethread:
Actually you're doing as well as I knew you would be. Keep up the good work.

PS. I'm back. I Still have a lot going on here but once things settle down a bit I'll be around a lot more.

Like I'm going to be offended by that lol I KNOW I have no skills lol. I just have some knowledge that I'm slowly getting to work for me, and without this place, I'd probably still be struggling to grow 1 plant to a complete harvest lol.

Doing as well as you knew I would be? LOL See.. that right there is a low blow pal. You knew there'd be mistakes. You knew all along. And that statement proves it! Ha! Don't listen to the last part. I don't think it makes sense. Too much typing. Indica. No.
Thanks for dropping in again Mike!

Thank you for the welcome to 420.

Any time! Get yourself a grow journal going and we'll have to come visit you there.

Update for tonight:

I'm a bit late on pictures, so I'll get those tomorrow. I'm supposed to be receiving 2 packages from my MOTM prize tomorrow, so I'm going to take some pictures of that stuff too. (Wicked excited about that!)

Alright.. plant is doing good. Still some slow advancement on the deficiencies, and now I see I should have mixed the 10/7.5/7.5 instead of the 5/5/5. Next feeding will be 10/7.5/7.5 ml/gal. Sometimes going by your gut was the right answer.

Soil mix does great now, watering lasts 7 days currently. Still perimeter watering, and lightly watering the center root section.

Curling of leaves isn't as bad, and no noticed curling on the branches, just the fan leaves off the main stem.

Temps are awesome with that LED. With my CFLs temps would hit 90F+ 32.2C+ (Which is why I always opened 1 of the closet doors during lights on). Now with the LED temps never get above 81F 27.2C with the doors closed. Awesome light man. Using less power, and producing a lot less heat.

Next on the agenda, I'm going to be installing a fan, venting into the attic. This will allow me to keep the doors closed, and should keep temps around 75F 23.8C Day, 70F 21C Night. I'll have actual temperature readings in a few days.

And next.. man there seems like so much. I gave her a little FIM haircut just for shits and giggles to see if it works. I know I said I was going to top them, but I figured what the hell.. the scissors are right here..

Smoke for tonight was Cali Jack. Indica dominant. Great smoke, with just enough Sativa to keep you thinking clearly after a light smoke, but damn man.. total body relaxation. However, I will continue smoking on to finish the bowl, then head to bed for a little TV and much needed sleep.

You can get your own Cali Jack seeds at our sponsor, Herbies: ! Medicann Cali Jack Feminised Seeds - Herbies Seeds
It's a great medical plant, 15-20% THC, and 4% CBD. And just as a stress relief/sleep aid.. amazing. I highly recommend it.
Great yielding plant too. I yielded over 2 ounces with CFLs. Imagine a yield with LED or HIDs!

Update.

First I have to thank 420 Magazine. Without them well.. I'd still have dead plants every grow. I wouldn't be where I am today, and I wouldn't know what I know about Cannabis.

I also have to thank our sponsors. Without your continued support, 420 Magazine couldn't spread awareness and teach people the importance of Cannabis in the world today.
Because of you, our sponsors, you have helped 420 Magazine make a positive difference in so many lives. That in itself is priceless. You folks are making a difference in the world, by giving people a place to learn, and share knowledge about Cannabis, and because of this, their lives are better. There is no greater gift you can give, than to help heal pain and suffering.

HBI International provided the following prizes:

Rolling Tray:
2014-10-24_11-39-40_390.jpg

King Size Rolling Papers and Rolling Tips:
2014-10-24_11-40-06_546.jpg

110mm Roller, Raw Lighter, and Raw Scoop Card:
2014-10-24_11-43-38_73.jpg

Smoke Cones provided the following prizes:

3 J-tubes, 3 Medicine Bottles, 3 King Size Smoke Cones, and a Keychain:
2014-10-24_11-41-49_31.jpg

Space Case provided the following prize:

Space Case Medium Magnetic Grinder:
2014-10-24_11-42-26_731.jpg

I got a bunch of cool stickers from Raw, Smoke Cones and Natural Cones, 420 Packaging, And EZ Vapes. I also received a free sample of Hulled Organic Hemp Seed from Foods Alive

And last but not definitely, definitely not least, the coveted 420 Magazine Nug Jar:
2014-10-24_11-40-35_83.jpg

I was also looking forward to the pipe from Brothers With Glass, but I'm guessing that's going to come in a later shipment, so I'll update when it arrives!

Congrats :) That jar is totally where it's at. I'd pay good money for one of those.

I've wanted one since I signed up and saw one in one of Light Addict's pictures. I actually commented on his picture, asking where I can buy one (since I couldn't send a PM yet), and he responded in a PM.. and then I had to wait a little while before I could reply to his PM since I didn't even have 50 posts yet.

It's a nice size jar man. It's not something you're going to do your curing in, but man.. this thing is perfect for filling with a strain you want to keep handy on your desk, night stand, living room, kitchen, etc.. It's absolutely perfect. It'll hold about 1/2 ounce of smaller buds like I grow lol, Or if you break up larger nugs and colas, you're golden.

You just need to keep taking pictures, your nugs and harvests are beautiful and impressive. And your plants are just as gorgeous mate. Give it time, I'm sure you'll own your own soon enough!

I have a similar jar (plain, cheap, but the same basic configuration) and i like to use it to keep a batch of ground herb in. After my last harvest, i took all the trim and dog ends and ground them up. Took about an hour but then that jar was just there, ready, whenever i needed it.

Of course, if i got one of these then that old jar would be busted back down to tea bag storage lol

Congrats on the M of the M. You deserve it.

I'm impressed by all the help and encouragement you hand out.

Reps for you my friend.

And my SNS prize packaged arrived yesterday also. Just waiting for the cool pipe from Brothers With Glass.

I'm going to still get pictures of the Magical Butter, and SNS products soon, hopefully sometime this week.

Right now I'm focusing all my efforts on my plant, as it currently looks to be in really rough shape. I'm showing what appear to be multiple deficiencies, and although this soil worked well for my previous grows, I'm starting to consider getting rid of it due to the PH buffer problem I've had since the beginning. I've been toying with the idea of switching to coco mid grow, but the problem remains of how to safely dig up my established plant without damaging the roots.

I'm just feeling a little irritated right now...

And my SNS prize packaged arrived yesterday also. Just waiting for the cool pipe from Brothers With Glass.

I'm going to still get pictures of the Magical Butter, and SNS products soon, hopefully sometime this week.

Right now I'm focusing all my efforts on my plant, as it currently looks to be in really rough shape. I'm showing what appear to be multiple deficiencies, and although this soil worked well for my previous grows, I'm starting to consider getting rid of it due to the PH buffer problem I've had since the beginning. I've been toying with the idea of switching to coco mid grow, but the problem remains of how to safely dig up my established plant without damaging the roots.

I'm just feeling a little irritated right now...

If you plan to trash the plant, you have absolutely nothing to lose by digging it up, shaking it out and dropping it in Coir.

Also, did you try doing a full flush on it?

If you plan to trash the plant, you have absolutely nothing to lose by digging it up, shaking it out and dropping it in Coir.

Also, did you try doing a full flush on it?

I actually don't want to trash it, I'm just considering moving on to a better medium. I've used this soil for 2 grows now, and the PH buffer is somewhere between 7.5-8, and although I don't think this is the current cause of my problems, as each batch of nutes is PH'ed down, I'm just getting really annoyed with the PH problems this soil has given me.

I have not done a flush, as this soil was flushed and dried out from the last grow, and I believe I've only used nutes 3 times this grow.

EDIT: And do any of our sponsors carry coco that anyone knows of? Without going to search! I can do that myself :) Just wondering if anyone knows offhand! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom