Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

re: Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

damn antics this is turning into L.e.d central over here .. looking good bro

3 days really flies by between updates..

Anyways here she is:

2014-10-17_18-23-09_440.jpg

2014-10-17_18-23-20_107.jpg

And I figured I'd take pictures of the deficiencies to show where they are now, after noticing them several days ago. Advancement has been REALLY slow, so I'm not worried or concerned one bit.

The first appears to be Boron
2014-10-17_18-23-50_438.jpg

The next two appear to be Potassium
2014-10-17_18-24-45_489.jpg

2014-10-17_18-25-39_264.jpg

But I'm not worried much about them. Time for nutes is coming, and she'll get a nice feeding, and the deficiencies will be done.

yupp .. seems like you are the man with the plan ..

when i harvest my fist top-led plant i will be with the knowledge i learned on this thread !

nickname her venus.. cause she has a flytrap look in the first pic ..lol:nicethread::morenutes:

I started a little LST today. Just a few paperclips to train the branches that are long enough, to grow out, instead of up.

And I found some interesting results.

At one of the bottom nodes (3rd from bottom) I have 4 growth sites all around the plant. I have 3 complete fan leaves, and on the other side, some growth is starting. This has never happened before growing from seed under CFLs. I always had normal node growth, 2 leaves, then above it would be 2 leaves perpendicular to the previous leaves, then above that 2 more leaves perpendicular to the previous leaves.. and so on..

The plant is growing almost like it was FIM'ed, with all these extra branches, but I haven't topped, FIM'ed or anything yet.. today is the very first day any training has started. I also see more than the usual pair of stipules on each side of the stem, I think I saw 4 or 5 stipules on the one side alone. So although I've had some margin rolling due to the intensity of the light being too close, this plant is growing quite well.

The pictures suck, so I'm going to have to take some more later, but I'll throw these up for now.

2014-10-19_07-52-29_297.jpg

2014-10-19_07-52-35_597.jpg

2014-10-19_07-52-16_393.jpg

2014-10-19_07-52-53_768.jpg

That light must be pretty close. You could throw some bud in one of those, lick it, and light it man. You should try it ;)

I moved the light a little closer last night. It was at 30" away. And is now 24" away. This strain might just not like really intense light.. But other than the margins rolling a bit, there are ZERO problems with growth, no signs of light bleaching, no signs of light burn, no heat stress, etc.. so I'm going to continue the grow like it never happened. :rollit:

I moved the light a little closer last night. It was at 30" away. And is now 24" away. This strain might just not like really intense light.. But other than the margins rolling a bit, there are ZERO problems with growth, no signs of light bleaching, no signs of light burn, no heat stress, etc.. so I'm going to continue the grow like it never happened. :rollit:

She looks great man. The branches look pretty thick and sturdy, this lady is going to be a BEAST.

Ok I took a few pictures with the flash on to show this node I tried to get pictures of earlier.

This first one is on the side with the extra fan leaf. On the left and right of the stem, you can see the fan leaves, and both branches. The branch on the right is a little more mature, thicker and longer. But the branch on the left is obviously there as well. Going towards the bottom right of the picture is the 3rd fan leaf petiole, with a few leaflets visible. Right next to the stem, you can see branch growth coming out normally, but still pretty young and small.
2014-10-19_18-45-41_752.jpg

This next picture is rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise. Going towards the top left, you see the fan leaf with the more mature stem. Bottom left corner you can see the other fan leaf petiole, with the younger stem. Top right is the 3rd fan leaf petiole, and you can see the branch growth there too.
Now what we can see better in this picture, is where the 4th fan leaf would be growing. There's some growth there, and right now it appears to be a 4th stem, with no fan leaf, so I'll keep an eye on this area to see what develops.
2014-10-19_18-46-54_927.jpg

And this last picture ended up a little out of focus, but is taken completely opposite where the 3rd fan leaf is growing. On the left is the thicker branch and fan leaf. On the right, the less mature branch and fan leaf. Top center you can see a little of the 3rd fan leaf petiole peeking out behind the stem, and center you see the 4th growth area we saw in the previous picture.

2014-10-19_18-46-11_6.jpg

So far I'm digging these LEDs. A little work to figure out the heights, but I don't think all these things I'm seeing are just a coincidence. I do believe many, if not all of these anomalies were caused by the intensity of the light. I'm looking forward to seeing if this pattern continues on the rest of the plant. And I will start topping this week as well. We're coming up on the end of the first 4 weeks of Veg.

Now I have 4 weeks to train her to become a monster. And I don't know how well I'll do, or if I can meet my goal, but you never know unless you try!

looking good .. so it is like the light fimed her for u .

Update: I broke the small branch of the node that had 4 branches.. now we're down to 3.

The problem was balancing the LST strain. The branch opposite the one that broke is about 4x thicker, as I was adjusting the thick branches LST, I wasn't paying attention to the small branch, and it broke. Live and learn.

The break is pretty clean, and broken almost right at the node, so there's no way to save it.

But I have an awesome LED that's causing her to throw branches out everywhere, so life is good.

I was going to top her this week too, and now I'm going to wait a little bit since I just broke the branch.

Hi Antics - looks like you got a great grow going on there !!

Subbed and got caught up on 12 pages,,,, she's really taking off now !! Just in time for me to enjoy.

Pretty freaky in the beginning, but she's making up for it now.

Back
Top Bottom