Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

re: Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

Yeah, it would be rated as a 300 watt unit. The light has a total of 100 3 watt diodes.

Distance last night was moved to 28" / 71cm, and I moved it up a little bit more today, to 30" / 76cm.
The leaves are still curled on the established new growth, but the newest new growth isn't curling yet.
Old growth at the bottom of the plant appears unaffected.

The goal right now is to find a comfortable height for the LED for the plants current age. I'm going to go search through the forums and see if I can find someone using the same model light as I am, and see what heights they've used to compare notes.

Hey Antics... I've just bought a 300 W led also coz I couldn't deal any more with high T... How many active intakes do you have? There is a grower who told me Led should be place at the same height as hps... Could it be that your plant has suffered initially and developed some sort of rejection to close distance led? It's kike when ur sun burnt and can't take it anymore fir a while... Just wondering

One of my LED's is the same as yours. Right now I have it about 15" from 3 plants and they seem to be doing fine. When the plants were younger I always kept the light around 24" and have never had any problems. I did start them on only CFL though. They didn't see the LED until they were about a week out of the soil.

Here is one of my plants. This is the only one I haven't topped or did something else to. The LED's work great I think.

image61005.JPG

Nice looking plant there lol

I have my led light about a foot away at the moment and it seems fine no curling etc ATM but I'll be watching closely mines is only 180w though and I have a cfl on each as well

Hey Antics... I've just bought a 300 W led also coz I couldn't deal any more with high T... How many active intakes do you have? There is a grower who told me Led should be place at the same height as hps... Could it be that your plant has suffered initially and developed some sort of rejection to close distance led? It's kike when ur sun burnt and can't take it anymore fir a while... Just wondering

Well technically, I have no intakes, unless you count gaps around a closet door. Closet is approximately 36" wide, 24" deep, 84" tall. 91.5cm wide, 61cm deep, 213cm high. Temps max out around 81 degrees F with the doors closed, or 27 degrees C.

With one door open temps are at 72-74 F, 22-23 C. Ambient room temp is like 68-72 F. 20-22 C.

And I think you might be right...

One of my LED's is the same as yours. Right now I have it about 15" from 3 plants and they seem to be doing fine. When the plants were younger I always kept the light around 24" and have never had any problems. I did start them on only CFL though. They didn't see the LED until they were about a week out of the soil.

My light is 30" away, and I still have margin rolling lol. It's slowly getting better though.

Nice looking plant there lol

I have my led light about a foot away at the moment and it seems fine no curling etc ATM but I'll be watching closely mines is only 180w though and I have a cfl on each as well

Thanks! I think I pissed my plant off initially with the LED so early. So now she's a little picky.

And update time.

As I said above, I still have some margin rolling going on. Not as bad as it was, but it could be better. A few different nute deficiencies popping up a little here and there, so nutes have been being fed at 2.5ml /gallon, but will be increased the next feeding, as it looks like I might have a magnesium def. showing up.

These lights really are powerful!

Right now my game plan is to let her soil really dry out to force some more root growth, which means more nute/water intake, and more water can reduce the margin rolling as well. Light is still at 30" above the canopy. Temps, RH, all stable. PH is as stable as it was in the past. PH nutes/water down to 6.3, and soil PH slowly climbs up to a little over 7 over the course of a few days.

But it's been working for me, so I'm not going to fix it yet.

2014-10-14_18-59-40_86.jpg

2014-10-14_18-59-53_971.jpg

Hi Antics.
Yeah, that pick above is definitely light burn from the led's being to close. I did the same thing my first grow with LED's also. The taco shape of the leaves is a dead ringer. Now that you've moved the light away the plant should be fine. The damaged leaves will never fully heal, and will always have that damage, but all your new growth should be fine.
I usually keep my lights at least 2ft away from the plants when they are young. As the plants grow, and get used to the light they will be able to almost touch them without any issues if you run out of height.
You also want to try and keep the lights 2ft away or more so the light spectrums from the different colored LED's mix to give the plant the widest light spectrum possible.
Cheers.;)

photo_1_103.JPG

Hi Antics.
Yeah, that pick above is definitely light burn from the led's being to close. I did the same thing my first grow with LED's also. The taco shape of the leaves is a dead ringer. Now that you've moved the light away the plant should be fine. The damaged leaves will never fully heal, and will always have that damage, but all your new growth should be fine.
I usually keep my lights at least 2ft away from the plants when they are young. As the plants grow, and get used to the light they will be able to almost touch them without any issues if you run out of height.
You also want to try and keep the lights 2ft away or more so the light spectrums from the different colored LED's mix to give the plant the widest light spectrum possible.
Cheers.;)

Thanks for the advice. I have the lights at 30" from the canopy now, so I shouldn't see any further damage then. Growth is normal, and deficiencies are slowly appearing here and there, but not quite time to water yet. Definitely need to build up nute levels faster under LEDs. I'm at 2.5 ml/gal now, and having deficiencies slowly appearing, so I'm going to increase to 10ml grow, 7.5ml micro, 7.5ml bloom next time.

Looks good Antics.
So, how are you liking the Big Bang's growth characteristics?

Looks good Antics.
So, how are you liking the Big Bang's growth characteristics?

Thanks man!

Other than the problem I caused with too much light too early, and that I wasn't prepared for how hungry the lights would make her for nutes, I'd say she's a pretty strong grower so far. One of the fan leaves is freakishly huge, and I'm hoping to see more of that throughout the plant. I might be crazy, but the stem seemed to grow thicker, faster than any of the other strains I've grown.

But she has weathered those problems pretty well, in my opinion. Especially the LED light at about 18" away while she was just a freshly emerged seedling lol.

Now There's a shitload of confusion about this strain for me. When I bought this from Herbies, it originally was listed as 1.4% CBD, and a High Times Cannabis Cup 3rd place winner. Now the specs have changed on the Herbies site, and have also changed on the GHS site. So I'm guessing I may have an earlier pheno? There are a total of 3 different sets of specs I have seen for this strain now.

Flower time on Herbies is now listed as 6 weeks (That is way short!)
Flower time on GHS is listed as 9 weeks. Commercially ready in 8 weeks.

Herbies lists no awards, while GHS lists the HTCC 3rd place win.
GHS says it can yield up to 80 grams per plant, Herbies says 45 grams per plant.
So I'm going to have to play it by ear a bit, since everything has changed.

Now the plant itself, I like so far. She's been able to take a little abuse, and still keeps going. What I don't like is when specs on a strain change this much, this fast. I bought these earlier this year, somewhere between april-june, I'd have to look it up for an exact date, but this is honestly the worst part so far.

And now with these yield changes, increases my challenge. I'm looking to exceed 3.15 ounces on one plant, or 89 grams +/-. They're saying the maximum yield is 45 grams, and 80 grams.

So I'm going to take it as them calling me out on a challenge. And I'm going to try my best to destroy this goal.

Now the plant itself, I like so far. She's been able to take a little abuse, and still keeps going. What I don't like is when specs on a strain change this much, this fast. I bought these earlier this year, somewhere between april-june, I'd have to look it up for an exact date, but this is honestly the worst part so far.

And now with these yield changes, increases my challenge. I'm looking to exceed 3.15 ounces on one plant, or 89 grams +/-. They're saying the maximum yield is 45 grams, and 80 grams.

So I'm going to take it as them calling me out on a challenge. And I'm going to try my best to destroy this goal.

LOL now I am tuned in Antics. I am looking to get that same amt from both of my plants. You got a grow on ya belt so u def know what your doing compared to me haha. :blushsmile:

I'm sure you'll do well with her buddy, just ignore the info that seed companies give out & give it your best :)

Agreed.

LOL now I am tuned in Antics. I am looking to get that same amt from both of my plants. You got a grow on ya belt so u def know what your doing compared to me haha. :blushsmile:

That means nothing lol. I've seen guys on their first grow do 100x better than me, and I've seen guys that have had several grows hit some bad luck and yield less than me. Way too many variables to compare "grow skills". We're all the same to me. No matter how much experience someone has, or doesn't have, we're always each learning new things. :thumb:

I'm sure you'll do well with her buddy, just ignore the info that seed companies give out & give it your best :)

Thanks guys!

I like when seed companies give yeild by sqmtr insted of by plant,cause they dont know how long im gonna veg.

The Square meter number is 800g m2 on the GHS site. On Herbies, it's by plant, @ 45 grams.

And seed companies never state how long these plants are Veg'd. Are they getting these numbers doing 12/12 from seed? Or is there an unknown Veg time?

Quote: And seed companies never state how long these plants are Veg'd. Are they getting these numbers doing 12/12 from seed? Or is there an unknown Veg time?

Great question, I personally think it's just numbers picked from the sky. There are so many variables they could never be accurate

I think greenhouse uses a 21 to 28 day veg on rooted clones to get their numbers.
800q sq mtr thats a huge yeilder.

I've always read that a way to get a good idea how much a plant will yield, instead of what you'll yield in a square meter, is the rule of 10. Approximately 10 plants fit into a square meter, so divide the yield by 10, and that gives you a rough estimate of what a plant will yield.

And yeah, it's a decent number, but I've seen so many people here yield wayyyyyy more lol.

Back
Top Bottom