Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

re: Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

LOL Not even close to stretching yet :) I've had the CFLs about 1" 2.5cm away from the leaves the whole time. I need this plant to grow wide to fit under the footprint of the LED. There has been no additional soil added yet either, that's all her normal height right there. No signs of heat stress either. Temps range between 72-76F, 22-24.5C currently.

it was more of an I think I can I think I can. They look super stoked though

Yes, sorry, I'm reading Roadside Picnic and the main character's daughter is a mutant, called Monkey lol i like to name things, things that i have to care for, tend to etc so that there's an imperative to make sure they don't die. it's all psychological but i find it works for me lol

it was more of an I think I can I think I can. They look super stoked though

For me it's more of me telling her "You BETTER grow or I'll kick your ass!" I got seriously worried seeing the deformities and thought I ruined it.

Yes, sorry, I'm reading Roadside Picnic and the main character's daughter is a mutant, called Monkey lol i like to name things, things that i have to care for, tend to etc so that there's an imperative to make sure they don't die. it's all psychological but i find it works for me lol

Man not for me.. I'd get too attached, and would never want to cut her down. Even cutting the second harvest was difficult. There's always that question in the back of my mind "Is this the right time?"

Yep, i get that too, "is it too early? if i leave them they could hermie and then am fucked, what do i do???"

My new ones are named after ex girlfriends, cutting them down is going to be very easy. if i can get hold of a weed whacker I'd just turn it on, throw it in, close the door and light a cigarette lol

Yep, i get that too, "is it too early? if i leave them they could hermie and then am fucked, what do i do???"

My new ones are named after ex girlfriends, cutting them down is going to be very easy. if i can get hold of a weed whacker I'd just turn it on, throw it in, close the door and light a cigarette lol

This nearly made me drop my bong. Thank you.

lmao . thats a great idea . u get to vent anger an defoliate at the same time ..

Green cleaning just got a whole lot more fun for me. This is gonna be great lol

remember to simmer it for teas. you can drink it too. bit of milk. bit of sugar. great if you run out of coffee AND tea bags. hate when that happens.

I'm starting LED only lighting tonight for 2 hours, and will follow up tomorrow and report how they're doing.

No water today, top of soil is dry, just underneath is still moist. Plant looks good so far, other than the anomalies caused by what I assume is the intensity of the LED.

2014-10-05_18-51-43_113.jpg

2014-10-05_18-51-34_219.jpg

This LED is pretty insane. It's making something glow in my soil in the pictures, and on the camera screen it was glowing even more, almost like it was overexposed. It seems that it's all reflecting off of perlite, and possibly small pieces of rock in the soil.

And current distance from light to canopy is 22" / 55.88cm.

Something in your soil is totally rejecting one of the colours and bouncing it back out, like a white t shirt under a black light. My led shows up all the veins in my skin when i put the back of my hand under it. i really enjoy the colours these things put out lol

It's a weird kinda light that draws you in... i remember watching stargate sg1 years ago and there was this one episode where the team found a device that poured out a strange light that one could become addicted to and just stand there looking at until one just died of simply forgetting to eat and drink etc. first time i turned on the LED and seen it cast upon the ceiling i was instantly reminded of that episode. i know, weird right. lol

The LED lighting also will show you issues with the plant before other forms of lighting. It's very curious.
And about the allure of the light, I turned on my 1200 and it lit up my ENTIRE studio like it was high noon, in a VERY different spectrum =p

Yep. mine is tiny but easily lights up a whole room but when paired next to the HPS i have to look directly at it to see if it's still working cos it just gets drowned out.

The LED lighting also will show you issues with the plant before other forms of lighting. It's very curious.
And about the allure of the light, I turned on my 1200 and it lit up my ENTIRE studio like it was high noon, in a VERY different spectrum =p

So you can actually see deficiencies and things before they're visible under other lighting, such as HID or CFL?

And I figured I'd update since we're doing the first LED run. Last night we had 2 hours of LED with no CFL, and we've just passed 7 hours of LED without CFLs today, and there are no new problems. Assuming all continues like this, we'll just be growing with the LED from now on.

As far as growth goes, there is a definite difference in growth after only 14 hours.

2014-10-06_09-34-46_723.jpg

2014-10-06_09-34-54_698.jpg

they are looking great. When it comes time for nutes I would ask King John about Cal/Mag and LED lights he thinks they need more Cal/mag and I know Radoghast has the same problem showing up in his plants that I have with mine. Now would be a good time to head that off.

So you can actually see deficiencies and things before they're visible under other lighting, such as HID or CFL?

Yes, it was something brought up by several grow journals using LED lighting. They would see issues right as they were happening, as there is a small lag time between something being wrong with the plant, and the plant giving us visual cues.
I can't tell you the science of it, as i don't know. I imagine it has to do with contrast of the spectrum and the intensity/penetration of the light. like being able to see your veins in your finger when put over a high powered light.
But yeah, you'll see deficiencies and injuries on a plant much sooner under LED.

(although for any of the mad scientists out there, if one of you wanted to run an experiment, take two clones, using the same everything purposely induce an issue and see the results as they unfold under both LED and another light source)

Back
Top Bottom