Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

re: Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

Alright the roots are just hitting the outside of the small pot now, so I've transplanted her so I don't have too many roots swirling up around the smaller container.

The roots look wickedly healthy too. Bright white, and tons of root hairs all over them.

And yes, I have pictures :)

2014-10-01_19-05-56_484.jpg

2014-10-01_19-06-04_752.jpg

And I watered around the perimeter of the large pot with 20 ounces of water, I was hoping to show it in a picture, but it didn't come out too well. The small pot still had some moisture in it, so I didn't water the middle at all, just the outside to hopefully encourage the strongest root growth I've ever had. Anyways, here's the picture.

2014-10-01_19-07-24_953.jpg

EDIT: The lights were only moved for pictures. They are sitting directly over the plant, with about 2-3" / 5-7.5cm between them

Actually I saw it this morning and started to freak out, I thought it was mold, that's how many root hairs there are. I really hope this is an indication of a strong growing plant. I need all the help I can get to hit my goal of 3.15 ounces dry.

I'd say that's indicative of a strong root system and that pot is plenty big enough for it to sprawl into. I reckon if your height and width constraints are proportional to the size of the pot you should have no trouble hitting that target.

Pot size is somewhere around 5.5-6 gallons. I have 5 gallons of soil in it now, and will top it off with a few more inches when she gets taller (Which will hopefully grow some more roots as well from the buried section of stem).

Grow room space is approximately 36"x24"/91.5x61 cm, which is right about the same coverage area of my LED, so I have plenty of room to spread her out for this grow.

If I can get 2 ounces from 361w CFL and 5 week Veg time, I should be able to 3.15 ounces with 6-8 week Veg time, and an LED.

Training will just be topping, and LST. I may or may not top more than once, depending how the growth is.

hey antics check out my thread since youve been helping me out from the beginning i think you would like to know the trichomes are telling stories :)

and also i saw that the LEDs messed with the your seedlings since i dont have other lights to use i think im going to try putting the LED 3 1/2 feet above them when i start my next grow and see how it goes and ill let you know (i should have another thread) but glad to see your new grow is going well and cant wait till you turn that LED on them so i can see how it goes :bravo:

Looking good Antics, I was thinking of trying LST too like you mentioned to me before. Just not sure exactly what I have to do lol.

**NOTE: These are previous grow pics to help answer the question with some visuals. My Big Bang isn't this big yet lol**
It's really easy. You need some pipe cleaners, ribbon, or string (not too fine). I also use paperclips to hold my ties to the edge of the pot.

Before:
2014-06-24_05-32-55_845.jpg

During:
2014-07-04_08-00-21_971.jpg

Keep going:
2014-07-11_13-33-29_204.jpg

And more:
2014-07-15_10-15-50_130.jpg

Just keep going like this. I adjust my ties daily to keep the branches growing outward.

I usually use the ties to train the highest branches at a 90 degree angle to the stem. Each node below that the angle is less and less, the goal is to have the ends of all the branches as even as possible before you go into flower.

And a picture of my light. Brighter than my CFLs, that's for sure..

2014-10-02_18-32-03_632.jpg

i bet its bright as hell in the grow room under that panel..

Subbed and +reps! I love LED grows. I like the training, I'd do that one mine, but it's so much work on a bunch of plants. And space would be an issue... But i'm starting to ramble. Good luck!

Quick update. Haven't gone full LED yet, but I plan to this coming Monday. I've been giving her 30-60 minutes of LED per day with the CFLs, and haven't had any issues.
Still watering on the perimeter only, and just a light misting of the center. She's drinking about 20 ounces of water every 2-3 days.

The bottom fan leaves are still weird, and one of the fan leaves on the next node up still has only one leaflet. New growth looks good so far, and will know more in a few days.

No signs of the LED automatically topping her or any permanent damage.

2014-10-04_19-30-50_628.jpg

2014-10-04_19-30-40_683.jpg

streeeeetchin. or at least trying to :)

LOL Not even close to stretching yet :) I've had the CFLs about 1" 2.5cm away from the leaves the whole time. I need this plant to grow wide to fit under the footprint of the LED. There has been no additional soil added yet either, that's all her normal height right there. No signs of heat stress either. Temps range between 72-76F, 22-24.5C currently.

She's a mutant. We shall call her "Monkey" lol

Monkey? What a name lol. If anything, I'd name her after a hot girl, but alas, I don't name my plants, or my cars, or my truck, or anything. My trucks name? "My truck". It works for me :)

Back
Top Bottom