Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

re: Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

damn i had no idea l.e.d. could do a plant like that ..

LEDs with the ability to automagically top and FIM... in the wrong hands it could be a weapon lol

It sounds far fetched, but it's possible. I expect if you put a small plant under an LED too early the leaves that exist _may_ be okay, but the high intensity could fry the new growth, effectively fim'ing (but not topping) the plant.

Interesting.

damn i had no idea l.e.d. could do a plant like that ..

Well I just spent a few hours yesterday and today, searching every possible term I could imagine and I can't find the topic.

It does kinda make sense though, if the light was a little too close, and it affects the new growth first, before any affect is seen on the adult leaves. But this is an experiment I won't be trying unless I have some bagseed to play with.

Well I just spent a few hours yesterday and today, searching every possible term I could imagine and I can't find the topic.

It does kinda make sense though, if the light was a little too close, and it affects the new growth first, before any affect is seen on the adult leaves. But this is an experiment I won't be trying unless I have some bagseed to play with.

It's an experiment i'd try when i've bred a bunch of seeds, if i had more space.
I think it would be interesting to explore all of the different ways in which to destroy both infant and adult plants; then make a topic about it, referencing it all. like '101 things not to do to cannabis plants'.

lol I'd also like to experiment to find a way (if possible) to grow a plant from seed to harvest using only LED. Experimenting with different light heights, possibly use light filters, different angles, things like this.

i think it is possible to go from seed to weed with LED only, though i wouldn't want to try that as i imagine it'd be slow as hell. six month grows don't appeal to me lol i guess though it's just about getting the light wavelengths right, the same as any other light.

i think it is possible to go from seed to weed with LED only, though i wouldn't want to try that as i imagine it'd be slow as hell. six month grows don't appeal to me lol i guess though it's just about getting the light wavelengths right, the same as any other light.

Definitely wouldn't be six months, but yeah - seed to probably 4 weeks will happen quicker with a gentler light source than LED.

Ok and it looks like the stress and shock is over with, and the explosive growth is starting.

Seeds broke ground on the 19th, 9 days later we have this:

2014-09-28_06-31-58_651.jpg

2014-09-28_06-31-48_535.jpg

The first set of fan leaves seem to be growing out a little strange, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out after the LED nuked them a bit.

After the stress, they appear to be about 4-5 days behind where my plants would normally be at 9 days old. But not a deal breaker, or anything I'm concerned about. The LED should be fired up sometime during the next week, and I expect to see some insane growth then.

I have yet to figure out right hight for seedlings, I just use 23w cfl for couple weeks then the led realy makes um takeoff.

I figure someone will figure out the ideal height eventually, and then we can adjust it to fit all of our grows based on our light wattage/diode wattages/spectrums. But for now I'm waiting to see the 4 leaves I have almost completely mature, then I'll give the LED another shot.

bravo on the recovery, we can see the stark contrast between the damaged parts and the new growth. good show old bean :)

What if it turns out after all this time that LED lights deliver doses of radiation!? imagine the scandal lol

I found when I got my 96x3 reflector 36" was best for seedlings & lower it as they stretch down to 24". Once they have 3 or 4 nodes they can handle 18" I do find cfl is a better light for seedlings though so I'm back using that :)

my seedlings are about 3 feet from the lights, got the LED and the HPS on them and the CFLs around the sides; they seem to be enjoying it there :)

coming back to life nicely!

Beast mode has started. The growth from yesterday into today has been insane, so I figured I'd show you all where she is now.

And those first fan leaves look really freaking weird man lol. And they're not growing as fast yet. The other leaves are just taking off and growing normally.

2014-09-29_19-35-52_651.jpg

2014-09-29_19-36-03_512.jpg

2014-09-29_19-35-45_718.jpg

I will also be watering in a perimeter watering schedule from now on, misting the top lightly, and watering at the edge of the container to get those roots spreading outwards. Watering frequency is about every other day watering like this right now. That's one thing I love about these thin plastic nursery pots, it's really easy to slide the soil out to check to see if the roots are at the edge of the pot yet.

lol I'd also like to experiment to find a way (if possible) to grow a plant from seed to harvest using only LED. Experimenting with different light heights, possibly use light filters, different angles, things like this.

It is possible

A New Top LED Panel for Testing

I now use this panel full strength for veg only

Alright this is just too cool/weird not to update. The first adult leaves are almost permanently stunted and slowed, and the leaflets are growing together. It's like the light caused some kind of mutation. Totally freaking cool! The other leaves are growing normal, and fast. As are the roots. roots are visible at the bottom of the pot now, and will be transplanted into its final container tomorrow, maybe the next day.

2014-09-30_18-42-11_793.jpg

2014-09-30_18-44-14_976.jpg

2014-09-30_18-44-04_702.jpg

2014-09-30_18-43-32_180.jpg

It is possible

A New Top LED Panel for Testing

I now use this panel full strength for veg only

Very cool, thanks man, I'll head over to check it out now!

Back
Top Bottom