Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

re: Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

We've been trying to use the oil for my girlfriend's mother, who suffers from arthritis, as well as fibromyalgia.
My girlfriend wanted to try having her mother vape, as her prescription hasn't done much for the pain, and she didn't seem to be getting the pain relief she needed from the oil.

So my girlfriend had her Vape tonight, she's using Royal Queen Power Flower (Freebie from Herbies, Thanks Herbies!!)
88% Sativa
12% Indica
19% THC

From what they've described, within about 3 minutes, it brought her level of pain from a 10, down to a 3.

She IS currently seeing a doctor for these problems, and has prescription medication she takes that's SUPPOSED to help with the pain, yet she was on the verge of tears. This doesn't make sense to me. These pills are scientifically designed to do something, are they not? So tell me why a simple, natural plant works better...

I'd still like to know why it's still illegal and regulated.

Anyways, I was in the grow, watered, and took a picture to show how the buds are developing.
This is a standard sized lighter next to one of the 4 outer colas to show the current size:

IMG_20150314_184703_531.jpg

Nothing too impressive or anything, but the trichomes are insanely sticky, I'm hoping that's a sign of great things to come when it's time to harvest!

looks just fine and dandy to me.

She's a bit small, but I have somewhere around 30-35 days to go still, so I expect she's going to pack on a bit of weight, just like me at holiday time :thumb:

I also plan on backbuilding. LA's Quick Guide To Simple Backbuilding Technique For Buds!

LA Knows his stuff, and using that method gave me .41 grams more on the branch with the bud I cut, so this time around I plan to use it on all the bud sites.

I'd still like to know why it's still illegal and regulated.

Because unfortunately, this country is run by pharmaceutical companies, and there is no money in something that a patient can grow themselves and self medicate. The design of pharm drugs is to keep you alive, but never cure you so you have to continue to buy hundreds of thousands of dollars of medicine. There has been cancer patients that leave the US to receive treatment at organic facilities in Mexico that have full recoveries with zero drugs. Our medical laws however, do not allow any cancer treatments other than chemo and radiation, otherwise the attending physician will lose their medical license for malpractice. It's very sad...

Your girl is looking great brother! keep it up :thumb:

Because unfortunately, this country is run by pharmaceutical companies, and there is no money in something that a patient can grow themselves and self medicate. The design of pharm drugs is to keep you alive, but never cure you so you have to continue to buy hundreds of thousands of dollars of medicine. There has been cancer patients that leave the US to receive treatment at organic facilities in Mexico that have full recoveries with zero drugs. Our medical laws however, do not allow any cancer treatments other than chemo and radiation, otherwise the attending physician will lose their medical license for malpractice. It's very sad...

Your girl is looking great brother! keep it up :thumb:

Unfortunately, I know their excuses... And I've done research and read back about Harry Anslinger and the excuses given when it was first made illegal. I'm just hoping one day to hear actual reasons, meaning scientific proof why this was ever made illegal.

It was more of a sarcastic/rhetorical question. It's sad to think about the millions of people, if not billions that suffer daily with medication that just doesn't work. Then to have some states say "Ok we can use it for medical treatment, but only if you have 1 of these 5 ailments" It's such a slap in the face to millions of other people that need it to survive.

I actually read somewhere that doctors make money every time they prescribe chemo for cancer treatments. The article I read stated that the pharmaceutical company paid them directly. If that isn't a BS practice I don't know what is..

Thanks brother, I appreciate it!

I wouldn't doubt it. I had a cancer patient in my shop the other day and she said she goes for chemo twice a week and each time it costs $14,000. It's just mind numbing that there are people so self absorbed and terrible that they gladly and willfully profit off of people dying.

WTF... $14,000 per visit? That money could just about buy enough oil to cure 2 people of cancer.

And I can guarantee those treatments don't cost anywhere near $14,000 either. Hopefully she finds relief, and a cure in Cannabis. Glad to hear you're helping folks in need!

Ooooo, I just love trichomes running along the petioles. You have some serious frostiness going there Antics. Making me excited about my LED adventure.

I'm loving it too! The buds are about the same size as a similar time with my CFLs, but these buds appear to have way more trichomes.

And of course, it could just be a characteristic of the strain itself, but I personally feel it has more to do with the LED.

And even if my yield comes out the same, as long as trichome production has increased, it should mean a higher potency. Which I desperately need, with growing to support 3 people now. All of which are legitimate medical users. :thumb:

My grows are currently treating: Seizure disorder, anxienty/panic attacks, migraines, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, and I'm hoping to see a positive impact on one person who currently is on the borderline of diabetes.

And I'll likely be growing for my mother and father once I can convince them it's a much better alternative than relying on pharmaceuticals all the time.

It truly is a magical plant, and I personally feel everyone should have the option whether or not they'd like to incorporate Cannabis, in ANY form- raw, smoked, vaped, oil, etc.. into their treatment plants.

:circle-of-love:

:slide:

Put my soil together with an LED and WooHoo!!!

Yesterday, I read about a fellow grower who took a more aggressive approach to using his LED lighting in Flower, and I've admired the results they were able to achieve in the past, so I moved my light a little closer today. From 14" / 35.5cm down to 12" / 30.5cm.

You can follow along with the progress of his grow here: SBG's Second Cabinet Grow Vscrog With Laughing Buddha Clones

And this is the specific post I'm referring to: SBG's Second Cabinet Grow Vscrog With Laughing Buddha Clones

And just since we're at a nice even number, of Day 40 in Flower, I took a picture:
IMG_20150317_094857_082.jpg

Rockin' the coco, she looks awesome!!

Not jacking your thread Antics, saw discussion about helping sick people & pharmaceutical's....The best documentary I've seen lately on the War on Drugs/Cannabis & the Pharmaceutical companies BS is "The Culture High".

Rockin' the coco, she looks awesome!!

Not jacking your thread Antics, saw discussion about helping sick people & pharmaceutical's....The best documentary I've seen lately on the War on Drugs/Cannabis & the Pharmaceutical companies BS is "The Culture High".

Not possible to hijack with that topic. I was just talking about it myself here, and mentioned the 3 people I'm growing for, and the ailments they're treating with Cannabis with varied levels of success. It's the whole reason I started growing.

Carry on!

I'll be looking up the documentary as well, thanks for the tip.

Thats lookin pretty cool in there right now and might I add that's a very nice fan in the corner I have one of those as well.

Back
Top Bottom