Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

I'm familiar with them I'll take a look.

Antics. So was it for me even 3 years ago. Breeding, testing, smoking are my favorite parts now lol.

Well come on, who doesn't like the smoking part? lol

I still like the LST part the most, and trimming the least. It's just fun watching a plant take shape with LST.

Testing isn't even available here yet.

And on the topic of plants, I think my super croppping worked out. All my stems have grown this big dark area, fatter than normal, at least one even have a split on the outside, but it's all healed and no branch death. I'll get some pics this evening of that stuff.

Hey bud, haven't had the chance to reply to ya, my bad. My autocorrect must have been funky or I smoked too much while replying lol because I cant even figure out what I was trying to say lol anyways, Your Cotton Candy looks absolutely perfect. Any with all the super cropping talk, got a good link to read so I can learn myself? Heard a ton of good things and id like to give it a try my next go around if I can.

As for your latest post....Phone died after the first pic, dunno why but it made me crack up!!!! Technology right lol Ill be waitin on the rest of the pics... :popcorn:

Hey bud, haven't had the chance to reply to ya, my bad. My autocorrect must have been funky or I smoked too much while replying lol because I cant even figure out what I was trying to say lol anyways, Your Cotton Candy looks absolutely perfect. Any with all the super cropping talk, got a good link to read so I can learn myself? Heard a ton of good things and id like to give it a try my next go around if I can.

As for your latest post....Phone died after the first pic, dunno why but it made me crack up!!!! Technology right lol Ill be waitin on the rest of the pics... :popcorn:

LOL I've had those days where I couldn't figure out what the hell I meant either.

The smell is really strong on her as well. She's still in Veg 18/6 lighting, no preflowers noticed, but the plant smells pretty strong. Not sure if it's the strain, or the new nutes.

As for supercropping:
Good stuff here: How To: Bend and top your way to a 1 pound monster
Multiple supercropping topics here: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know (Scroll down towards the very bottom of the first post)

And this dude is real cool, Chef Derek Butt, seems to know what he's doing, and he seems like a real cool dude. Has a bunch of cooking videos as well:

[video=youtube;GeDFQXGkQX4]
[/video]

How much did you smoke that it made you laugh? lol Normal shit makes me laugh after a good smoke. Cannabis just shows you a little bit of humor in everything, how can that be bad?

:rollit:

I actually saw someone else posting videos from Chef B on here, and I watched a few and liked his presentation. Real mellow guy like Jorge Cervantes

EDIT: And I'll get the pictures up tomorrow, wait until someone more experienced than myself tells me if I did good, or if I screwed them up, then you'll get an idea what to look for when you do it lol.

I'm going to try to take some good closeups with flash on, to show coloration, size, etc...

Supercropping results pictures on Cotton Candy:

IMG_20150511_092652_665.jpg

IMG_20150511_092549_069.jpg

And this is the one that had a split open in the stem. No issues noted on this branch, and growth is right on par with all the other tops:
IMG_20150511_092532_885.jpg

Looking great brother! Got a full plant shot?

Demanding! Actually not as of now, I can grab that tomorrow, and update all the plants.
But I'm thinking. Cotton Candy is doing good. Big Bitch is really, really slow. Embarassingly slow. And Clones are doing ok.

Today I put Big Bitch in the final pot, and she's under the LED. I was thinking to bring the other clone and put her back in the Veg cabinet, both were Strawberry Blue clones, which was a great smoke. Veg those a little longer. And I was thinking of starting flower within a few days, for 2 reasons.
I can compare my old nutes to the new nutes on a shorter Veg time (CC is 47 days now, just shy of 7 weeks) I have 2 branches ready to clone from her.

Big Bitch is just wasting time and space. I'd like to replace her with Cali Jack, which was a beastly yielder under CFLs with 5 weeks Veg time, I'd like to see her running under LED with some better nutes.

And basically, all these 4 plants are at way different stages right now. I feel flowering now might give me a chance to hit a reset button of sorts, and I won't be taking my clones until they're well into flower again. Monster cropping for the win :thumb:

Any thoughts Dan? Anyone else? Opinions? I'll have pictures tomorrow if you'd like to see them all before sharing an opinion also.

Thanks antics.couldn't have gotten better replies from you on super cropping. The chef is very informative.what's nice is that he goes slow,easy enough to follow

Glad I could help brother! I enjoy his videos as well, for the same reasons. I find he's real easy to understand and he explains things in a way that just clicks with me.

If BB is mature, I would just send her to flower now and get her done and out of the way. Maybe she will even turn around in flower..?

That way you can veg your clones for a few weeks, then add them to the flower room and they will just be a few weeks behind BB. Gives you an offset harvest for a few weeks. Then when you have room, flower the CJ and make it a monster. It would suck to sacrifice the potential of CJ because of space. If you veg it out for a while and supercrop and then send to flower, you could have a mighty big yield from her.

I must say, I agree With Dan...I feel ya on the rest button. But like he said, no reason to sacrifice your CJ..especially if she has done well in the past. What size are your final pots? are you still using 3-5 gal?

If BB is mature, I would just send her to flower now and get her done and out of the way. Maybe she will even turn around in flower..?

That way you can veg your clones for a few weeks, then add them to the flower room and they will just be a few weeks behind BB. Gives you an offset harvest for a few weeks. Then when you have room, flower the CJ and make it a monster. It would suck to sacrifice the potential of CJ because of space. If you veg it out for a while and supercrop and then send to flower, you could have a mighty big yield from her.

I must say, I agree With Dan...I feel ya on the rest button. But like he said, no reason to sacrifice your CJ..especially if she has done well in the past. What size are your final pots? are you still using 3-5 gal?

Final pots are somewhere between 6 and 7 gallons.

Now to clarify a little here,
I think I was a little confusing, so let me clarify myself so we're all on the same page.

I have 4 total plants growing:
Cotton Candy
Big Bitch
Strawberry Blue Clone #1
Strawberry Blue Clone #2

I try to grow 1 Sativa dom, and 1 Indica dom, which last grow with SB, the Indica was BB, but BB died, so I only had the Sativa to harvest.

Cali Jack is a plant I grew on my prior grow, I yielded a little over 2 ounces with only a 5 week Veg time (but it has a longer 11 week Flower time) Since BB is being so difficult, I plan to grow Cali Jack on the next grow as my Indica dom in its place. I will not be cloning BB.

Here's what we have, right now:

Cotton Candy (today is day 48/ tomorrow will be 7 weeks)
IMG_20150512_101045_161.jpg

IMG_20150512_100354_424.jpg

Big Bitch (today is 42 days/ 6 weeks) Yes, that is a standard size plastic spoon.
IMG_20150512_100419_006.jpg

Strawberry Blue Clone #1
IMG_20150512_102000_801.jpg

Strawberry Blue Clone #2
IMG_20150512_101444_055.jpg

Realistically, I think most of us can agree that Big Bitch is just wasting space. I also have a less than optimal filter/fan setup, so at this point Vegging a plant really long, although it would produce an amazing yield, it would also produce more smell than my filter can handle. And I'm already pushing it a little with 4 plants.

The clones, I see basically as free plants. They were just an experiment from some lollipopped branches, and it ended up with 2 out of 4 surviving. So ANY yield from them is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

So this was the idea I was entertaining:

Switch to 12/12. CC is great, real nice defol on her, and I would estimate she should give me 1.5-2 ounces without breaking a sweat. As for BB, I'm just at the point where I want to give up. After 42 days, I have a plant that's as big as CC was when she was about 25 days.

Clones stay in Veg. SB #1 has a week or two left before she won't fit in the cabinet. SB #2 has maybe another month that I can Veg her.

After I switch to flower, let them go a few weeks. Take 2 clones from CC, and 2 from SB. I would also plant a Cali Jack seed to get her going for the next grow.

Next grow would be: Cali Jack in big pot, And the better grower (and smoke) between SB/CC would get the other big pot. The rest of the surviving clones will get flowered in 1 gallon pots.

If I still don't make sense, let me know, sometimes I think faster than I can type, and things get jumbled and confused.

Heres two options to consider. Take 3/4 of BB and clone it and move on!

Or.......

Place in flower unless room is a problem. Won't yield much but will give you something.

Personally we know my situation is different I'd executed her long ago but I also have to stay under 75 plants at all times. I'd clone her now! Mainly one clone and hope for the best. I'd lay down that soil she was in out to dry on a board rack something and reuse this one time. It's early enough.

Makes perfect sense. Question though, why wait until flower to take clones? Why not do it now so you don't have to fuss with revegging them?

My problem is running out of Veg cabinet space. It's a real small space that I can work with, at least until I can upgrade in the future.

Total cabinet size is: 23" wide, 11.5" deep, 19.25" tall, with about 16-17" usable after I deduct the lights. If I clone now, and flower now, I'll have roots in 7-10 days, and then they'll outgrow the cabinet about halfway through flower. It's a weird way to do things, but for right now, it helps me work with the space I have.

Heres two options to consider. Take 3/4 of BB and clone it and move on!

Or.......

Place in flower unless room is a problem. Won't yield much but will give you something.

Personally we know my situation is different I'd executed her long ago but I also have to stay under 75 plants at all times. I'd clone her now! Mainly one clone and hope for the best. I'd lay down that soil she was in out to dry on a board rack something and reuse this one time. It's early enough.

Yeah, you're growing on a big professional scale though. I could already tell if you were growing my plants, you would have probably kept Cotton Candy, but Big Bitch would have been gone a long time ago, as you said lol.

You've got me thinking here though brother.. I have a decent clone, pretty strong grower, and a decent spread, with 9 solid tops on it- I'm thinking about pulling BB from the 6-7 gal pot,, and finish her in a 1 gallon and just say good riddance to her, and put my stronger Strawberry Blue clone in the 6-7 gal pot instead, and flower her there.

It would also be an interesting comparison to flower identical clones in completely different containers. 6-7 gallon vs 1 gallon.

I hate revegging time wise Arghhhhhhh clones will yield more just as quick

I agree with you, but the slower rooting, and reveg time gives me a chance to get the flowering plants finished before I run out of Veg space. It's not the best set up at all, but I can at least start working with a small veg cabinet. It isn't ideal, but it's helping me learn a lot about the timing, cloning, and perpetual grow processes.

Back
Top Bottom