Any help appreciated

Ok just checking most time it’s over or under watering issue but maybe @Azimuth could take a look
Thanks for the tag, Evergreen. Coco is @Bill284 territory so he'll weigh in. My understanding from him is coco should never dry out but if it's straight coco it may be too heavy so adding perlite to the mix could help. Bill's got a particular mix building routine he uses to great effect.

That might be a big part of the problem here.

10-4 I’m not familiar with that line I use geoflora but I’m sure somebody somewhere will chime in help dial in what’s going on @Bill284 got any suggestions?
I read a bit, she is 7 weeks?
Coco is hydrophobic.
You let it dry the nutrients shoot right through.
Your roots are drying out and can't support growth.
This has stunted growth.
I'm not sure if proper watering with full strength nutrients every day to run off at exactly 5,8 ph will save her.
Try for a few days see she picks up.
It might come back?
MERRY CHRISTMAS. :high-five:
Welcome to 420Magazine :welcome:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Thank you but at this rate I'll be going into flower in a year or 2 😂
Assuming they are photoperiods and not autos we'll get you sorted, even if it is in two years. :p
No I’m pretty confident that we can help turn it around but I think if you have Been treating like soil then thats part of if not all your problem.
Yeah, coco is a different animal. But no worries there are plenty of coco growers that'll walk you through the process.

Oh, and @New Scottish Grower welcome to :420:!

I read a bit, she is 7 weeks?
Coco is hydrophobic.
You let it dry the nutrients shoot right through.
Your roots are drying out and can't support growth.
This has stunted growth.
I'm not sure if proper watering with full strength nutrients every day to run off at exactly 5,8 ph will save her.
Try for a few days see she picks up.
It might come back?
MERRY CHRISTMAS. :high-five:
Welcome to 420Magazine :welcome:

Bill thank you I will try as you said but continue even if the pot is still heavy? Or ig ore that factor and continue to feed everyday?

Assuming they are photoperiods and not autos we'll get you sorted, even if it is in two years. :p

Yeah, coco is a different animal. But no worries there are plenty of coco growers that'll walk you through the process.

Oh, and @New Scottish Grower welcome to :420:!

Azimuth they are photoperiods for that reason I made sure because ethics is first grow didn't went the extra hassle of figuring out when they are turning, also thank you for the welcome I feel ill be on here constantly trying to get advice 😊😉

Coco and soil are treated entirely differently, for both nutes and watering. Use the nute chart for coco/hydro, not soil. That’s your problem, for 7 weeks those plants are tiny, they should be in the 2 foot tall range. Also what brand light do you have? Is it 600 watt draw or 600 watt equivalent?

Bill thank you I will try as you said but continue even if the pot is still heavy? Or ig ore that factor and continue to feed everyday?

Azimuth they are photoperiods for that reason I made sure because ethics is first grow didn't went the extra hassle of figuring out when they are turning, also thank you for the welcome I feel ill be on here constantly trying to get advice 😊😉

Start there it will explain everything you need for them.

Chances are it’s a 600 watt equivalent, which means it’s probably around 50-80 watt draw, yes, as has been mentioned, drop it down to around 24inches and see if that doesn’t help.

Regarding the light i dont know about it not being enough i had it set at 24" and didnt see any growth at all when i moved it up i started too see something for a couple days but then back to nothing ill try moving it back down again and putting the bloom on aswell as the veg setting ill see what happens over the next week or so to see if there is any progress.

Well little update from yesterday done a full strength water this morning (biobizz - grow 2ml/l calmag 1ml/l and pH down to 5.8) looks worse than it did yesterday looks like there is burnt bits on some tips and the lowest leaves have turned yellow over 14 hours. Also moved the light down to 24 inch from the tops leaves.

IMG_20221226_164354.jpg

IMG_20221226_164405.jpg

Hey @New Scottish Grower, and welcome to the forum!

Sorry you're having problems with your little plant there.

I'm not a coco grower, but I use a lot of high-quality coconut coir in my custom soil mix. That last photo tells me you are using something other than the coconut coir that I use. Sure enough, you are using CANNA Coco Pro Plus, which "consists of 100% coco flakes".

Coconut coir is finely ground coconut husks. It appears you are using flakes... likely not going to work very well. Clearly hasn't worked very well.

In my opinion, for a first time grower, coconut coir is not a great choice. Soil would be easier to work with. If you use a commercial potting soil, then you'll also need to buy some liquid fertilizers.

Do you have access to any good commercial potting soil where you are? For example, Fox Farm products?

I'm not very familiar with indoor grows, but you may have better luck with a full spectrum LED rather than a purple one. But I'm guessing your growing medium is the main problem.

You might like to have a look at the links in my signature for ideas.

have a great day!

soil and coco are waaay different animals

you have a stunted auto, it’s going to yield a good puff or 3 if you are lucky. Guess what? I still stunt autos after 2 years. Yup it’s true!!

Keep her going but maybe consider switching to feminized photoperiod beans next time. Autos are on superfast timeline, any mistakes will be most detrimental since they just do not have time to recover.

Don’t waste your time on buying regular seeds either… regs are for pros or breeders. It hurts to lose many weeks time to only discover a male plant, that bites the big weenie for sure…

with photoperiods you control the timeline and the plants have time to recover from any mistakes.

hang tight and we will get you sorted

welcome aboard New Scottish

you have a stunted auto, it’s going to yield a good puff or 3 if you are lucky. Guess what? I still stunt autos after 2 years. Yup it’s true!!
OP said it was photoperiod. But of course it could have been sold as one, but actually an auto. has happened to me.

Thanks for the replies guys, I have made some slight adjustments I tried water full strength nutes and she was dieing rather quickly done a flush and she has picked but uk a bit, I've read up on the biobizz stuff and grow isn't used in hydro so have purchased heaven from them and am giving that a go she's had 2 full strength feeds with that and today I have some more photos..

And yeah it was defiantly sold as a photoperiod but sadly was a mix pack of 3 and lost the packet with the names so could be anything 😂 seeing how this little one gets on with the changes, got some afghani #1 to try after this might got for a soil mix if this doesn't work out.

IMG_20221229_175335.jpg

IMG_20221229_175328.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys, I have made some slight adjustments I tried water full strength nutes and she was dieing rather quickly done a flush and she has picked but uk a bit, I've read up on the biobizz stuff and grow isn't used in hydro so have purchased heaven from them and am giving that a go she's had 2 full strength feeds with that and today I have some more photos..

And yeah it was defiantly sold as a photoperiod but sadly was a mix pack of 3 and lost the packet with the names so could be anything 😂 seeing how this little one gets on with the changes, got some afghani #1 to try after this might got for a soil mix if this doesn't work out.

IMG_20221229_175335.jpg

IMG_20221229_175328.jpg
I mentioned she picked up a little I didn't post a pic of her Tuesday morning it was real bad wilted right over looking really poor but she's trying to stand again 😊

I'd say start again, brother, and use a good soil mix coupled with liquid nutrients. Happy growing! :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom