My first grow - Helpful advice would be greatly appreciated

WRL

Skywalker left, amnesia right .I’ve read you’re not supposed to do this to autos. But I did it and the result has been amazing. Over the last week I’ve been taking of all the fan leaves couple at a time. Over the week only the ones shading new growth. Was a little bit nervous , but the results have been spectacular. Growth has exploded and the new growth under the fan leaves has gone insane there 6/7 weeks old . Tub in a tub 7 critical in 70/30 coco , perlite just water on seedlings . Other two soil, coco perlite even mix par 600 , ph going in 5.8out 6.3 biobizz grow, flower . Bat poo tea . Run to waste daily . I’m A new grower and have went through a couple of hundred pounds of seeds and got no where, up until now (I’m so so happy) I think I’ve well and truly learned from my mistakes. But I have to give all my fellow growers on 420 for a massive shout out.all their advice has been absolutely amazing . So thank you 420 members i couldn’t have got this far without you. Now , seedlings in coco, what week do I start to feed them ? And please tell me honestly what you think of my 6/7 week autos . And anything I should be doing that im not . Thanks people .😎

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Skywalker is deffo. Going into flower. ? How long do autos flower for.

IMG_0893.jpeg

IMG_0891.jpeg

IMG_0890.jpeg
It is strain dependent. From just popping pistols you've got weeks and weeks, like 7 or 8, even in an auto. Pretty sure the actual flowering process takes the same time as a photo. They just trigger without the flip. Did you happen to read any of the article I linked? Tons of great info in there.

It is strain dependent. From just popping pistols you've got weeks and weeks, like 7 or 8, even in an auto. Pretty sure the actual flowering process takes the same time as a photo. They just trigger without the flip. Did you happen to read any of the article I linked? Tons of great info in there.
This isn’t good advice, sorry.
The best advice- refer to the breeder specs. SkyWalker OG auto takes 70 days total from seed, this is likely closer to that.

The best advice- refer to the breeder specs. SkyWalker OG auto takes 70 days total from seed, this is likely closer to that.

I think breeder specs are guesstimates based on perfect conditions, at best ;)

And can be confusing ! Read the description carefully !

Did they say total grow time or flowering time ?

Breeder said my Early Miss auto has a flowering time of 7 weeks. Then later they go on to say it will flower in as early as 8 weeks. So a total of 105 days !

She went 120 days o_O

Cheers

I've never had an auto finish in the time breeders advertise. They will generally flower for 7-9 weeks just like a photoperiod plant.
The breeder time lines are a marketing ploy to advertise them as quick & easy. I believe this is the main reason why people get so confused by autos.
:passitleft:

I've never had an auto finish in the time breeders advertise. They will generally flower for 7-9 weeks just like a photoperiod plant.
The breeder time lines are a marketing ploy to advertise them as quick & easy. I believe this is the main reason why people get so confused by autos.
:passitleft:
I agree. I've grown many many autos and they take at least 13 weeks (sometimes weeks more). 4-5weeks in veg and the remainder in flower. I've never grown anything but single plants from seeds in my grow containers so no idea if any of the other methods might not be faster. In my personal experience, the fastest i've seen is about 1 month in veg and 2 months in flower for a total of 3 months (13 weeks) and many 2-4 weeks longer (somewhat strain dependent as well).

I think breeder specs are guesstimates based on perfect conditions, at best ;)

And can be confusing ! Read the description carefully !

Did they say total grow time or flowering time ?

Breeder said my Early Miss auto has a flowering time of 7 weeks. Then later they go on to say it will flower in as early as 8 weeks. So a total of 105 days !

She went 120 days o_O

Cheers
I understand that and have grown enough autos to know what you mean.
I do have autos that finish in 70-75 days total as the breeder says. Some take longer and I go by trichomes anyway.
Not trying to sound like an ass to anyone on here, either- I was sort of trying to suggest that this may not be the spot on 420 to even ask that question.
The newer member seemed to be throwing out a guess about autos rather than giving sound advice. His advice being that they are just like photos (with a question mark attached) and I’m just saying no they really aren’t in most cases. And it doesn’t hurt to know a suggested/projected time before you start.

I'm sorry, but how was what I said bad advice? I literally said it is strain dependent. And I don't know what you're growing, but whenever I've seen a plant start flowering, auto or photo, once they flip, whenever that is, it takes 7-8 weeks, or more. Am I missing something? What bad advice did I give? I didn't even say anything about the overall amount of days. I'm a little lost, what are you talking about?

I'm sorry, but how was what I said bad advice? I literally said it is strain dependent. And I don't know what you're growing, but whenever I've seen a plant start flowering, auto or photo, once they flip, whenever that is, it takes 7-8 weeks, or more. Am I missing something? What bad advice did I give? I didn't even say anything about the overall amount of days. I'm a little lost, what are you talking about?
Advice is only advice it is what you do with you use it or just let it go.

@Scarred4life From what I gathered from your answer it sort of sounded like you have never actually grown an auto yourself but are freely handing out advice on how long to flower them. When you say things like “pretty sure” you can probably ascertain how I came to that conclusion.
Here we are on a thread about beautiful pictures of plants talking about who’s giving the right advice. I understand you’re new to 420 and excited to help but maybe this is the wrong place to argue about it. Generalizing autos into one group and comparing them to photos isn’t right. Fight me 😂
I should have just let it go, wtf do I know?

@Scarred4life From what I gathered from your answer it sort of sounded like you have never actually grown an auto yourself but are freely handing out advice on how long to flower them. When you say things like “pretty sure” you can probably ascertain how I came to that conclusion.
Here we are on a thread about beautiful pictures of plants talking about who’s giving the right advice. I understand you’re new to 420 and excited to help but maybe this is the wrong place to argue about it. Generalizing autos into one group and comparing them to photos isn’t right. Fight me 😂
I should have just let it go, wtf do I know?
What the hell are you talking about!? His plants just passed 7 weeks. He and I had talked about them previously. They just started popping pistols. Are you saying that because it's supposed to finish in 70 days that the plant is going to magically finish in the next 3 weeks? I was on this particular thread showing my Pic. Homie asked. I really would like to know what bad advice I gave, I truly don't understand.

Back
Top Bottom