Arteekay's Second Grow - Autos & Feminized - Mixed Strains

July 31 (Sunday) Update.

Autos: Early Miss 3 is 65, Train Wreck is 51, Quarter Pounder is 39, and our second Lemon Skunk is 24 days old. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 15-21 inches from their lights.

Photos: POW 33 and White Widow are both 4 days old today and will spend the first couple days in the auto tent.

Without question the highlight of the day was our visit with Pigeons420 and getting to meet Mrs. P. They weren't here for 2 minutes before it already felt like we were old friends. Pigeons pulled the old "leave something so they have to invite us back" trick, completely unnecessarily. Like I've said elsewhere, my only complaint is we seem to never have enough time.

Wasn't even sure I should bother posting my usual update, or at least that's the excuse I'm choosing to use after smoking another nug of Pigeons' Jackelope and being far to baked to type.

Thankfully the girls didn't need a thing last night. Well, our second Red Poison got misted down a bit to hopefully help her shed her shell and membrane underground, and our second attempt at germinating a third CKS Northern Light auto was successful and went into a fabric pot, but other than that it was a picture/weight only day.

Our first Quarter Pounder is looking a little light green, I think we'll give her a combo, half veg half flower nutes and see how she does on that. She's got 45 days left still and I'd like to try and keep her fan leaves around as long as possible.

Family pics:

POW and WW at 4 days were missed for pics

LS2 at 24 days (13.76 lbs, down from 17.60 yesterday):

QP at 39 days (18.40 lbs, down from 25.42 after watering yesterday):

TW at 51 days (27.11 lbs, down from 30.77 yesterday):

EM3 at 65 days (19.73 lbs, down from 24.16 after watering yesterday):

Pre-harvest nug after two days of drying:

Back in the tent:

We harvested our first CKS Purple Kush photoperiod on Friday night, but I've yet to post her life story and harvest updates. We were both a bit disappointed with her, despite her honestly quite beautiful color, her yield will be far lower and larfier than we're used to with our autos. Next Purple Kush run will be a pair or quad of them without a scrog, a mini SOG if you will.

Anyway, PK was a challenging strain to get to do what I wanted with the scrog. I'll try it again with a strain we're more familiar with maybe.

She is what she is, so I'll get on with her tale...

Her life story:

One Week old:
April 12 (Tuesday) Update.

PK at 7 days (168 g before, 297 after watering) She'll likely be transplanted before her next watering:

Two Weeks:
April 19 (Tuesday) Update.

PK at 14 days (6.4 lbs, down from 7.0 yesterday):

Three Weeks:
April 26 (Tuesday) Update.

PK at 21 days (7.4 lbs, down from 8.2 yesterday):

Four Weeks:
May 3 (Tuesday) Update.

PK at 28 days (7.4 lbs, down from 7.6 yesterday):

Five Weeks:
May 10 (Tuesday) Update.

Speaking of our Purple Kush, she seems to have now got her feet back under her after the transplant and put on a little bit of height today. Hopefully she'll kick back into stretch mode soon and we can start filling in the scrog.

PK at 35 days (26 lbs, down from 27.8 yesterday):

Six Weeks:
May 17 (Tuesday) Update.

Our Purple Kush got defoliated a bit more today, to let more light down into the new branches that are finally starting to stretch out. So much for knocking a week or two off her veg time.

PK at 42 days (17.6 lbs, down from 18.6 yesterday):

Seven Weeks:
May 24 (Tuesday) Update.

Our first Purple Kush photoperiod is looking a little rusty, so I think we'll do a little partial flush next and cut her feed in half for the next feeding.

PK at 49 days (22.4 lbs, down from 23.6 yesterday):

Eight Weeks:
May 31 (Tuesday) Update.

We spent a while tucking our first Purple Kush's side branches, she's pretty wide open now. Hopefully we can flip her in two or three weeks.

PK at 56 days (26.93 lbs, down from 29 yesterday):

Nine Weeks:
June 7 (Tuesday) Update.

PK at 63 days (29.36 lbs, down from 31.94 after watering yesterday):

Ten Weeks:
June 14 (Tuesday) Update.

Our first Purple Kush got her branches tucked a bit more. She's finally starting to use up some water. :)

PK at 70 days, 6 days from flip (30.10 lbs, down from 32.40 after watering yesterday):

Eleven Weeks:
June 21 (Tuesday) Update.

PK at 77 days, 13 days from flipping (24.26 lbs, down from 27.29 yesterday):

Twelve Weeks:
June 28 (Tuesday) Update.

PK at 84 days, 20 days from flipping (18.71 lbs down from 21.53 yesterday, 35.52 after watering tonight):

Thirteen Weeks:
July 5 (Tuesday) Update.

PK at 91 days, 26 day from flipping (24.98 lbs, down from 28.71 yesterday):

Fourteen Weeks:
July 12 (Tuesday) Update.

PK at 98 days, 33 days from flipping (29.15 lbs, down from 32.51 yesterday):

Fifteen Weeks:
July 19 (Tuesday) Update.

PK at 105 days, 40 days from flipping:

Sixteen Weeks:
July 26 (Tuesday) Update.

PK at 112 days, 47 days from flipping (24.25 lbs, down from 27.34 yesterday):

Next up... before and after harvest pictures:

Dude, those are absolutely beautiful buds! The colors are simply amazing! :adore:

Before I even got to the second post, I had already decided I was going to give you +REPS just for the meticulous documentation you do (between you and me, I don't even pay attention to all those weights you post! :) ) and can see how it pays off for you guys.

If I could give you two +REPS, I would! :bravo:

In all honesty I don't believe I have weighed a harvest of mine in over a year!

Numbers don't matter. Jars of herb are what I'm counting.

:bong:

:high-five:

I admire the weighing & documentation of every plant before and after each watering. Like I said, I don't pay much attention to the weights, but am in awe of that discipline! ;)

I don't usually weight my harvests, either, but I did on the last one, which was unusually large and I needed the new "benchmark" number. :)

I'll have to admit, if I thought I was breaking a record of mine, I would be more prone to weigh that up. But to weigh every harvest is a bit redundant for me.

Like when do you even weigh it? Right after harvest, when it's still set? Right before you put it in the jar? After its in the jar? Before you smoke it? After you've smoked it? Haha

All of those times would give you a different weight. So, I keep my expectations low and I get wowed everytime!!

I'll have to admit, if I thought I was breaking a record of mine, I would be more prone to weigh that up. But to weigh every harvest is a bit redundant for me.

Like when do you even weigh it? Right after harvest, when it's still set? Right before you put it in the jar? After its in the jar? Before you smoke it? After you've smoked it? Haha

All of those times would give you a different weight. So, I keep my expectations low and I get wowed everytime!!

Good point pigeons. I didn't weigh the NL I just harvested. I'm like you. I want jars and jars and jars of the stuff. But I agree with Krip. It is awesomely inspiring seeing how much time and effort the guys that weigh their pots religiously like RTK and Jay bizzle do. I couldn't do it.

Dude, those are absolutely beautiful buds! The colors are simply amazing! :adore:

Before I even got to the second post, I had already decided I was going to give you +REPS just for the meticulous documentation you do (between you and me, I don't even pay attention to all those weights you post! :) ) and can see how it pays off for you guys.

If I could give you two +REPS, I would! :bravo:

Yeah, I really don't expect anyone to pay attention to the weights. I often think of dropping them, but once I've set a pattern it takes real effort to change. :)

Massive thanks for the +reps and comments Mr. Krip. Makes a world of difference to know someone else is appreciating them as well. Confirms we're not just deluding ourselves.

In all honesty I don't believe I have weighed a harvest of mine in over a year!

Numbers don't matter. Jars of herb are what I'm counting.

:bong:

See, the difference is likely that we're still pretty new, nothing we do at this point is for over a year. We'll hit one year as "official" Cannabis cultivators on Halloween night, which is when we put our first ever seeds into germinate.

We've also only harvested 17 plants total, once we get up in the couple of dozen I'm sure a lot of stuff will change for us.

I admire the weighing & documentation of every plant before and after each watering. Like I said, I don't pay much attention to the weights, but am in awe of that discipline! ;)

I don't usually weight my harvests, either, but I did on the last one, which was unusually large and I needed the new "benchmark" number. :)

I'll be the first to admit, our process doesn't scale at all, but while we're small and new I still find it interesting. I can't imagine we'll ever not weigh the harvest though, or at least likely will until our eyeball estimates are consistently close to accurate.

We've been weighing pre-cure, at or below 70%. The thought it that's about what we'd get off the street, so we wanna know how much money we're no longer spending. :)

Good point pigeons. I didn't weigh the NL I just harvested. I'm like you. I want jars and jars and jars of the stuff. But I agree with Krip. It is awesomely inspiring seeing how much time and effort the guys that weigh their pots religiously like RTK and Jay bizzle do. I couldn't do it.

The grow probably takes 25% of our time, the other 75% is for my OCD and this journal, neither of which I can smoke Jaybiz is fond of reminding me .

We've got 8 right now in various stages and even that number is getting on the high side for all the extra work I commit myself to on each.

:rofl:

Well maybe it's a phase. I weighed my first 20 or so grows then quit. It's a lot of time and handling too.

Too funny, I said just about the exact same thing at the exact same time. Once we've got a couple more dozen under our belts I'm sure the novelty will wear off.

I'm stubborn and persistent though, so I'll do it at least twice as long as is average. :)

August 1 (Monday) Update.

Autos: Early Miss 3 is 66, Train Wreck is 52, Quarter Pounder is 40, our second Lemon Skunk is 25 days, and our second Red Poison is on day 1. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 15-21 inches from their lights.

Photos: POW 33 and White Widow are both 5 days old today and will spend the first couple days in the auto tent.

• RP2 got 200 ml of bubbled tap water right down her stem, and another 50 ml as mist around her top (to keep the dust down) and the edge of her pot
  • POW and WW both had their solo cups soaked to run off with bubbled tap water
  • LS2 got soaked with half strength grow nutes (6 liters with 15 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B and 5 ml of calmag+)
  • QP got soaked with half strength grow and quarter strength bloom nutes (6 liters with 15 ml each of DNF Gro A+B, 7.5 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B, and 5 ml of calmag+) at 737 ppm and 5.8 PH @ 67 f

Our second Red Poison made her appearance today, breaking our two week germination troubles. So much potential in such a tiny little package.

Our second Lemon Skunk had her tops stretched back out. She's stretchier than our first, which became a much bigger plant than we expected, so I'll be keeping a closer eye on this one.

Our first Quarter pounder didn't seem to like being flipped off grow nutes and moved to quarter strength bloom last time, becoming pale on her new growth and showing a few calmag def spots. She got a half load of gro nutes and our 2-0-0 calmag to hopefully arrest that now.

Our third Early Miss is chugging along quite well, 3 days left by breeder schedule, but we're taking her out to the weekend when we have more time to work her over. Pretty sure there's some goodness to be had there.

RP2 at 1 day (6.28 lbs empty, 7.67 after watering tonight):

POW at 5 days (.34 lbs down from .41 yesterday, .78 lbs after watering tonight)

WW at 5 days (.36 lbs down from .42 yesterday, .80 lbs after watering tonight):

LS2 at 25 days (9.89 lbs down from 13.76 yesterday, 23.03 lbs after watering tonight):

QP at 40 days (10.23 lbs down from 18.40 yesterday, 24.60 lbs after watering tonight):

TW at 52 days (22.73 lbs, down from 27.11 yesterday) a record day of water usage for her:

EM3 at 66 day (15.07 lbs, down from 19.73 yesterday):

Back in the tent:

I saw the pigeons video artee! You guys have very nice gardens! I love the fact that u guys are willing to share your knowledge with all of us! Thankkssss! :volcano-smiley:

I missed catching up for a bit and am right on time for PK. The photoessay sure was helpful catching up! I have a fondness for your training style, the plants look like exquisite giant bonsais. It's a super nice signature look.

If you want to cure yourselves of the need for weighing, grow some very lanky sativas. You can hardly move them without causing the branches to bend all over the place! Love you guys. And +reps (I just crested 4,000 rep so I am happy to send it out to deserving peeps!)

I saw the pigeons video artee! You guys have very nice gardens! I love the fact that u guys are willing to share your knowledge with all of us! Thankkssss! :volcano-smiley:

Speaking only for myself, any knowledge I share was acquired right here. This community is the very definition of "pay in forward".

I missed catching up for a bit and am right on time for PK. The photoessay sure was helpful catching up! I have a fondness for your training style, the plants look like exquisite giant bonsais. It's a super nice signature look.

Thanks man, truly appreciate it. We'll figure out our nute issues just in time to move to the kit.

If you want to cure yourselves of the need for weighing, grow some very lanky sativas. You can hardly move them without causing the branches to bend all over the place! Love you guys. And +reps (I just crested 4,000 rep so I am happy to send it out to deserving peeps!)

Yeah we've run into a few of those already, and I dread moving them.

That's awesome about the reps, I'm hovering around 2600 I think, but I'm not 420magazine's official social director. :)

Looken good my friend looken good we are jelous :) your girls look so awesome!!!!! Just makes you want to say " YUMMY" lol. Good job!!

:rofl: :high-five: :rofl:

August 2 (Tuesday) Update.

Autos: Early Miss 3 is 67, Train Wreck is 53, Quarter Pounder is 41, our second Lemon Skunk is 26 days, our second Red Poison is 2, and finally our third Northern Lights is on day 1. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 15-21 inches from their lights.

Photos: POW 33 and White Widow are both 6 days old today and will stay in the auto tent likely until the weekend.

Missed the update, damned Pigeons and his Jackelope. :)

Family pics:

NL3 at 1 day:

RP2 at 2 days:

POW at 6 days:

WW at 6 days:

LS2 at 26 days:

QP at 41 days:

TW at 53 days:

EM3 at 67 days:

Back in the tent:

Welcome little one. :battingeyelashes: :love:

arteekay said:
NL3 at 1 day:

Can't miss this precious one either,

Welcome little one. :battingeyelashes: :love:

arteekay said:

Ahhhh..... I get such pleasure out of a visit to your garden. How on earth did the new Lemon Skunk get so old so fast? Why does it feel like yours are growing faster than mine? Oh yeah, that's because they are. You know, one of these days I'm going to figure this cultivating thing out and scare the beejeezers out of you guys. :laughtwo:

Thank you for brightening up my night. :hug: :kisstwo:

Back
Top Bottom