Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Hello guys
I am a first time grower and I have a dumb question. Can I reuse the soil after each grow, I am using FFOF
Thanks
Not a dumb question. And welcome to 420 forums :welcome:
I know that there are people that do reuse soil successfully, but here is my take on it. By the time you harvest, the root takes up a lot of space in the pot. And what soil is there still contains all the remnants of whatever we threw in there. For the price of good soil, I would rather start fresh each grow and not have to worry about what might or might not be in the old soil. Just cheap insurance for me.

hi guys. 25 hours ago i germinated the seed in paper towel and i checked after 12 hrs and after 24hrs, after 24 hrs i opened the paper to see if they sprouted and moistured and two of the seeds werent on the paper when i unfolded it so i just placed them in a new bigger towel paper now. None of the seeds is sprouted yet. i got them in a plastic bowl in a dark box in the grow room with a temperature of 22-25 C. should i be worried that nothing is sprouted yet or its just too early? and now that i moved the seeds will this effect them? PLS HELP

Hi everyone.....ok so I'm doing some upgrades to my grow room. It was a sealed room in a outbuilding. I want to install a 6" inline fan to run thru my hood on a 1k hps. But I'd have to bring in air from outside. Would it be ok to flow the below freezing air across the hot hps bulb in winter? Seems like it wouldn't work but maybe I'm over thinking it

Hi everyone.....ok so I'm doing some upgrades to my grow room. It was a sealed room in a outbuilding. I want to install a 6" inline fan to run thru my hood on a 1k hps. But I'd have to bring in air from outside. Would it be ok to flow the below freezing air across the hot hps bulb in winter? Seems like it wouldn't work but maybe I'm over thinking it

i dont have the knowledge to help u mate nut i couldn agree more with your last thought! that fckng overthinking is a disaster for fisrt time growers!!

I could be wrong but I'm from Michigan as well and know how low the temps drop in January and February, may not be great for the bulb or unit as a whole

I could be wrong but I'm from Michigan as well and know how low the temps drop in January and February, may not be great for the bulb or unit as a whole
I was thinking the bulb would shatter. Lol.. but I have issues with it getting too hot on the warmer days in winter. Trying to decide what the best option is for over temp control

I was thinking the bulb would shatter. Lol.. but I have issues with it getting too hot on the warmer days in winter. Trying to decide what the best option is for over temp control
I was talking to my better half and she got curious and googled it and apparently it said since the bulb heats up slowly from inside out that the extreme temperature difference still wouldnt shatter the bulb, take it with a grain of salt and I'm not saying one way or the other but Google said you should be ok lol. And yeah I'm with you my first thought was the bulb would shatter lol

I'm new not familiar with the site and this said ask anything
IMG_20170427_100026.jpg

here's a pic of my first aquaponics setup, as well as first grow. go big or go .....somewhere. they are forum cut clones GSC. they are already flowered. am i screwd, 2 harvest this year ? if ya could point me in the right direction i'd sure apreciate it. here are some close up's. i've started a grow journal as well and try to update with new info at least once a day.
IMG_20170428_135417.jpg
IMG_20170428_135411.jpg

sorry for making again the same question but im really nervous about my seeds. as i wrote earlier its been 27 hours since i placed them in paper towel in a dark box in my grow tent (25 degrees celcium) i opened the box to see after 24hours and none of the seeds had sprout, and two of the seeeds fell of the paper so i placed them in a new bigger papel towel im gona check again after 24 hours. should i be worried that my seeds are not sprouted yet? or should i just wait? do you think i harmed them now that i moved them in a bigger towel?

IMG_20170427_100026.jpg

here's a pic of my first aquaponics setup, as well as first grow. go big or go .....somewhere. they are forum cut clones GSC. they are already flowered. am i screwd, 2 harvest this year ? if ya could point me in the right direction i'd sure apreciate it. here are some close up's. i've started a grow journal as well and try to update with new info at least once a day.
IMG_20170428_135417.jpg
IMG_20170428_135411.jpg

Put them back under 18/6 light schedule and they will revel. Then you can flower them whenever you choose.

IMG_20170427_100026.jpg

IMG_20170428_135417.jpg
IMG_20170428_135411.jpg
Penny wise knows this real well

these are outdoor in the middle of the desert. if i use anything but led laser bugs bugs bugs. i have 2 532nm, 650nm lights. or do i have to worry about moths and other bugs
IMG_20170427_095903.jpg
IMG_20170427_095809.jpg

these are outdoor in the middle of the desert. if i use anything but led laser bugs bugs bugs. i have 2 532nm, 650nm lights. or do i have to worry about moths and other bugs
IMG_20170427_095903.jpg
IMG_20170427_095809.jpg
Look at a good foliar spray heard skim milk and water mix ratio. Works die time bacteria from skim.milk. idk. Never tried theory. Soon though.

i'm building a house on 15 acres. got tons of lights in all spectrums, just every bug in 100 miles can see it
Yeah someone more experienced to answer don't want to mislead you bro. Curious to see what others say over heard over grow optic foliar spray is good.

i was told cut all the buds of, OF COURSE as you see i have not done that . under the new light cycle do i leave all the flowers alone. i'll build a screen enclosure if i have to. such as the net around big trampolines.

sorry for making again the same question but im really nervous about my seeds. as i wrote earlier its been 27 hours since i placed them in paper towel in a dark box in my grow tent (25 degrees celcium) i opened the box to see after 24hours and none of the seeds had sprout, and two of the seeeds fell of the paper so i placed them in a new bigger papel towel im gona check again after 24 hours. should i be worried that my seeds are not sprouted yet? or should i just wait? do you think i harmed them now that i moved them in a bigger towel?

Just a random thought... you say, "two of the seeds fell off the paper".... did you wet the paper towel? If its wet, the seeds should stick to the towel...

Back
Top Bottom