Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Hey guys,

I wanted to make the most of every bit of my plant through smokable herb (obviously), edibles, teas, and all of that good stuff. I'll be harvesting on or about July 8th and looking for some ideas. I searched the internet and there was some information but looking for concrete ideas from people in the know.

umm how do you know you gonna harvest on 8th july ??? i would strongly advise to NOT look at seedbanks flowertimes as they are almost all minimalized and to short

Thats why you can Journal. It's Not ment to bei offense in any way. But in my opinion you and maybe are using this thread Just to Share and have a bigger audience here than in Most of the Journals. But when it's after me, this isnt helpful at all, its Just random Pictures of Plants without any Kind of usefull information in it. Sorry if my Statement ist offensive for everyone here, but i subscribed to gather knowledge and Share knowledge. I found myself thinking about unsubscribing here because of all the stuff that did Not demand here and thats spamming me with Notifications all day. It must be worth clicking on them. If i am very interested in a Special grow, i Go and Look for a specific Journal. Im very glad that you now got that Point by yourself and hopefully this text helps others to think twice about spamming this thread. We all where at that Point one day where when started our First grow and we all thought this is the Most interesting Thing in earth. But as soon as you start Journaling, you quickly realize that you are Just one of thousands of people doing the same. And thats a good Thing for Cannabis revolution. But now i have to Stop this, because i am spamming by myself right now ;)

wait .. wtf ..; thats why i am talking to walls in my journal .... :sorry:for this troll ;)

420-magazine-mobile629436328.jpg
There is some Products that includes Neem and is allowed to use for food and agriculture in Germany. Laws are very strict there in that case, but i still dont know of it affects the quality of the smoke when applied in flower. I used it by myself while in veg, No negative effects for my Plants, No stunted growth. Check my actual Journal for more Detail, i guess it was arround day 30 or so. I dont know where you live, It's called Bayer Bio Neem in Europe, and Bayer Advanced Natria Neem Oil Pest Control in the US. It's the only Product so far that has the Neem already solved into water in a biological way. Most other Products use chemicals for that, and forgot about mixing Just Neem and water together. This wont Work because Neem ist an Oil that does Not solve into Water naturally

Edit: In my Opionion, dont cut em, try Neem. You dont know how this affects Flower, but what you know for sure is, that if you harvest know, you will end up with a very small amount of weed that have almost no affect or a great taste

@Gigio22 - As others are saying, use neem and let your plant continue on to full maturity, then when you harvest, I strongly suggest washing your buds. there has been a long standing thread where hundreds of 420 growers have washed their harvests, and as best I can see, everybody that washes will never harvest again w/o also washing as it's that good. The wash mix is mild with only a cup of baking soda and a cup of lemon juice each added to the same bucket of water with 2 additional water only rinse stages. There's an optional first stage that is water and H2O2 3:1, but the only time to use that stage is when there might be mold or powdery mildew. That aside though, the bud washing process will remove most of the neem and mite carcasses. And after the dry, you'll notice that the greens are brighter, the bud is way more colorful, more aromatic and all of the notes in the flavor are more pronounced meaning the smoke is much more flavorful. I personally will never harvest buds again without washing them also.

Bud Washing - by DocBud, shared by Hiker.

It's a long ass thread, but all the info you need is on page 1.

Hello All!
I'm about 4-5 weeks into flowering and it's been a slow process due to the fact that this is my first grow. It's been amazing and gone very well without really an hiccups along the way that I couldn't figure out myself. Until now that is. I've now very across leaves turning purple slowly on the top of the canopy, and now spreading to a couple other leaves. As far as I can tell it's only fan leaves, but now one of those leaves looks like it's been burnt and the top half is shriveling. I think I only have one or two weeks left so I really hope I can pull this off and get some good bud! Please any ideas or help would be very much appreciated. It's a hydroponic set up in a 3 gallon bucket, and I've been giving it nutrients without having any nute burn. A issue may be that I've had a hard time keeping the range of ppm in control because it's been hot and the plant drinks a lot of that water very fast. Thanks again! I'm looking forward to any help I can get. Ask questions and I'll do my best to answer them accurately and in a timely manner.

If the tops are looking burnt your light be to close I had that problem the other day and had to raise it if you can't raise it try tying string around it and bending it overs so it sits lower with the purple I ain't shore but the shrivelling leaves if there on the tops is probably heat/lightstress

I'm seriously not trying to be a dick, and most certainly am not discouraging new growers to ask many questions and share their experiences, but I do "request" that we try and keep this thread in the theme of the OP's original idea of asking questions and answering to help people resolve their issues. If this offends anyone, I do apologize as that is not at all my intent.

I agree, this was never meant to be a grow journal or a hang out for casual banter but a thread where new members with questions can come and recieve help.

Hello All!
I'm about 4-5 weeks into flowering and it's been a slow process due to the fact that this is my first grow. It's been amazing and gone very well without really an hiccups along the way that I couldn't figure out myself. Until now that is. I've now very across leaves turning purple slowly on the top of the canopy, and now spreading to a couple other leaves. As far as I can tell it's only fan leaves, but now one of those leaves looks like it's been burnt and the top half is shriveling. I think I only have one or two weeks left so I really hope I can pull this off and get some good bud! Please any ideas or help would be very much appreciated. It's a hydroponic set up in a 3 gallon bucket, and I've been giving it nutrients without having any nute burn. A issue may be that I've had a hard time keeping the range of ppm in control because it's been hot and the plant drinks a lot of that water very fast. Thanks again! I'm looking forward to any help I can get. Ask questions and I'll do my best to answer them accurately and in a timely manner.

Without a picture, it's really hard to speculate or give feedback. Also, any other related information would be most helpful. Strain data, room temp/humidity, type of light and its distance from top of canopy, brand of nutrients, PH and PPM, amount of ventilation. All of these factors may or may not directly relate to your issue(s), but knowing them will give your helpers more to go on by ruling out certain things.

Also, IMO, you'll need to give her longer to grow than one or two weeks. The best harvest is when the plant is fully matured, not the advertised finish time of the breeder. Anything sooner and you may regret such a choice, especially when considering all the time and effort you've given her to get that far. If it gets down to the wire and you NEED some smoke, by all means, take off a lower branch or two and start drying that.

I agree, this was never meant to be a grow journal or a hang out for casual banter but a thread where new members with questions can come and recieve help.

The banter actively defeats the purpose of the thread. My unanswered questions several pages back are never going to be answered now. And who ever is going to go through 350 pages searching for needles in the haystack?

I love this thread in concept but in practice, at least currently, it is limited in its effectiveness.

The banter actively defeats the purpose of the thread. My unanswered questions several pages back are never going to be answered now. And who ever is going to go through 350 pages searching for needles in the haystack?

I love this thread in concept but in practice, at least currently, it is limited in its effectiveness.

Bring your questions back up daily if they ain't been answered in 24 hours?

For those that are familiar with copying and pasting, another inventive (but not intrusive) way to attract people back to your journal while still asking your question is to post that question to your journal, then in a subsequent reply on your journal, quote the question you just asked. Once all that text is in the reply window of your thread, copy it all, then post it in the Reply field of this thread. I've actually seen someone do that the other day and thought it was pretty innovative.

People should repost every 24hr anyway if there issue on the plant is a problem I answer questions that I can but being new to growing my knowledge only stretches a few inch so if I don't answer a question and no one else does repost that shit I'm always online and help as much as I can but like I say being on my first grow I only know what I've researched like anyone who's growin should do and I know there still things people need help with after years of growing but I seen some dumb questions on here like am a day away from chopping but got yellow leaves what should I do, chop her down and crack on with your next rant over but yeah if no one answers your questions repost as no one will go back pages when there's 4 questions on the pages there on

I'm sure that there are questions that have gone unanswered, but I also know I've probably answered more questions in this thread alone than on the entire FAQ forum in the past few months. I've also got pretty fast answers on my own problems.

If I could offer some "tips"

1. As mentioned, repost your question in a day or so, nobody is going to notice you double-posted it if they didn't notice you ask it in the first place, so it's cool man
2. Wait to see activity spikes. I notice this thread gets more active by looking at my User CP and seeing it going to the top of my notifications for new posts.
3. Answer questions. Chances are you can probably answer someone else's question in here. So that stimulates thread activity, it answers a question and leads the conversation to moving on towards YOUR issue, and it is also just beneficial to everyone.

This thread is kind of a free-for-all, the rest of the forum should serve you fine for asking more direct questions and having more involved discussions about them. I mostly use this thread to ask quick reference sort of questions that wouldn't deserve their own topic.

When Snid started this it wasnt for growers on their 2nd or 3rd grow. It was mostly a place for first timers to come and have questions answered no matter what the question is. So many forums out there shun beginners and can be pretty cruel. This thread in the beginning was a safe zone for newbs. In not quite a year its become one of the most active threads here. Lets make Snid proud of what he created.

Back
Top Bottom