Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

420-magazine-mobile508192481.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2116385894.jpg
420-magazine-mobile652903146.jpg

Why is the fan leaf purpling on the actual fingers?
And what are those single spots on the other fan leaves?
420-magazine-mobile777567424.jpg

Week 2 day 6 of flowering about to go into week 3

420-magazine-mobile2000033078.jpg

And would that bottom branch be a good clone?

Tougher time to clone now pak, but by all means give it a go.
What's your temps like? I've had it before on some of my autos, a boost of phosphorus is what they needed. What nutes are you using? That spot is probably a lack of calcium.
Try adding a flower boost + Cal supplement for the next few feeds, try get your feed schedule dialled in and consistent.

What's your temps like? I've had it before on some of my autos, a boost of phosphorus is what they needed. What nutes are you using? That spot is probably a lack of calcium.
Try adding a flower boost + Cal supplement for the next few feeds, try get your feed schedule dialled in and consistent.

Vary from
78-84 Usually 80 always and I fed yesterday with terpinator and cal mag I didn't feed for about a week or longer and terpinator is 0-0-4
While the calmag only had 1-0-0 so do u think if I used advanced nutrients (big bud) I would fix the issue? Since if I'm not mistaken it's a 0-2-3

When I clone I'm going to start a hydroponic grow. Ina storage bin with 2 holes drilled on top, pump for oxygen air stone, hydroton , all that and I would be taking 2 clones

What's your medium? Looks like a bunch of perlite and maybe coco? You wanna fed these style mediums almost every watering, they are inert of any nutes. I haven't used Big bud, but yeah I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to start feeding her that as well, I think it's designed for the first 1/2 of flower. Keep the Cal/Mg going till the last week, around week 5-6 she might really crave it. Right now I'd be feeding her the Big bud, Cal/Mg and leave the terpinator till later when the flowers are more developed

What's your medium? Looks like a bunch of perlite and maybe coco? You wanna fed these style mediums almost every watering, they are inert of any nutes. I haven't used Big bud, but yeah I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to start feeding her that as well, I think it's designed for the first 1/2 of flower. Keep the Cal/Mg going till the last week, around week 5-6 she might really crave it. Right now I'd be feeding her the Big bud, Cal/Mg and leave the terpinator till later when the flowers are more developed

I'm actually growing in espoma potting soil with mycotone ,earthworm castings, and perlite and I put a layer of perlite on top with dematacious earth to
Get rid of a small gnat issue but for the most part they're gone haven't seen one at all for so long

Okay so first 1/2 I'll use the cal mag and big bud and terpinator mixed with the other 2 the second half and when do the plants usually start to smell heavy?

Sounds like a good mix of nutes. My plants start smelling anywhere from 2-3week in, but generally they aren't overly stanky till the last 2-3wks.
Nice medium, definitely a healthy area for the roots.
Start at maybe 1/2 or 3/4 str for the nutes and work up to full Str by week 4-5, then start adding the terp (1/2) and work it up to near full Str by week 7ish.
What sorta lighting setup have you got?

Sounds like a good mix of nutes. My plants start smelling anywhere from 2-3week in, but generally they aren't overly stanky till the last 2-3wks.
Nice medium, definitely a healthy area for the roots.
Start at maybe 1/2 or 3/4 str for the nutes and work up to full Str by week 4-5, then start adding the terp (1/2) and work it up to near full Str by week 7ish.
What sorta lighting setup have you got?

I've got a good quality 300 watt LED and a okay quality LED right above the canopy 1200 watt probably only putting out 600 watt maybe even a little less.
And 5 -23 watt equivalent to 100 watts flourecent lights all around the canopy.
And I see what you're saying about the nutes, I will do just that.

Cherry AK Grow Journal

Not sure how I did it but I ripped this fan leaf should I just pluck it off ? Or leave it?
420-magazine-mobile1831194554.jpg

This is my cherry ak 2 weeks and 6 days into flowering. How is she doing? And what could I do to improve her ?
420-magazine-mobile203989020.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1437427247.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1205071434.jpg
420-magazine-mobile159333427.jpg

She ended up being the only female and I have to get a huge harvest off her! What are my best options ? 1 more LED? Trellis? Etc?

Jus lay every option I have to make my harvest better on the table! I need it.

I need tips, pointers , tricks, anything I'm desperate for the biggest yield possible!

First grow!
420-magazine-mobile484584597.jpg
420-magazine-mobile169248121.jpg

I have them in a dry room that is a consistent 67/70 degrees and between 48 and 55% humidity. They are almost on there fourth day of drying. Steams still don't crack. But they have the hay smell. Guessing it will go away after cured??
That's normal, it will get it's smell back, after I chopped mine they started smelling like hay at first after they dried but after a week or so curing in jars it will get the smell back.✌️

Cherry AK Grow Journal

Not sure how I did it but I ripped this fan leaf should I just pluck it off ? Or leave it?
420-magazine-mobile1831194554.jpg

This is my cherry ak 2 weeks and 6 days into flowering. How is she doing? And what could I do to improve her ?
420-magazine-mobile203989020.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1437427247.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1205071434.jpg
420-magazine-mobile159333427.jpg

She ended up being the only female and I have to get a huge harvest off her! What are my best options ? 1 more LED? Trellis? Etc?

Jus lay every option I have to make my harvest better on the table! I need it.

I need tips, pointers , tricks, anything I'm desperate for the biggest yield possible!

First grow!
420-magazine-mobile484584597.jpg
420-magazine-mobile169248121.jpg
id start with better lighting . cfls are good for seedlings and early veg . see if you can get an led panel instead.

420-magazine-mobile1567083636.jpg
what's happening to her ? Should I feed half strength nutes ? I flushed with 2 1/2 gallons before I put them into flower.
(Today they got 12 hours of dark now 12 hours of light. 1200watt LED coming in July 6 it says but should come earlier.)
Also!
420-magazine-mobile1680951018.jpg

Is everything looking good ?
Should i prune?
420-magazine-mobile977929833.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1598030845.jpg
420-magazine-mobile127644741.jpg
420-magazine-mobile177236573.jpg
420-magazine-mobile307956098.jpg

Biggest plant was 61 days from
Seed and is blue dream
The other is cherry aK and it is 66 days from seed
And the other little one is 63 days from seed 3rd is unknown strain but I kept in a little pot to focus on better strains

Since your on the topic of pruning I'll ask if my should be rounded I'm less then a week into flower and wondering if I should cut some leafs off to focus on node development
420-magazine-mobile265204000.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1026368080.jpg
420-magazine-mobile185451248.jpg

Don't cut anything in the first 3+ weeks in bloom. This is when the plant does its fastest growing which greatly increases yield. Any induced stress during this time will greatly limit your yields.

Back
Top Bottom