Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

420-magazine-mobile264935688.jpg

Once these girls sprout move them to the cube under the dome still in darkness? Just wondering when to introduce light and what cycle to start when it's moved to the root cube. Thanks

The nute line is only about a year old or a bit more. 1 to 2 years I'm pretty sure anyway. Went to my local hydro store n chatted with them for a bit n o decided I'll try REMO
Lol you were the one I heard of them through. Didn't the founder work for AN? Seems like a good.enough reason to check em out. If your still going with them just update us on what you think!

As long as the ratios look good I'd give them a shot so long as it's not super pricey

420-magazine-mobile264935688.jpg

Once these girls sprout move them to the cube under the dome still in darkness? Just wondering when to introduce light and what cycle to start when it's moved to the root cube. Thanks
I agree with p... I just put mine tail down in coco. With a little incadesent light above for warmth. If you don't have a heating pad under your cubes I'm never against a little heat to promote growth :)

Lol you were the one I heard of them through. Didn't the founder work for AN? Seems like a good.enough reason to check em out. If your still going with them just update us on what you think!
Yes he used to work for AN. Not sure what he did or how long but I've already bought the line up so I'll be using it for sure
420-magazine-mobile1667099915.jpg

That's the complete line up which I have. Minus the roots circle jar. Doesn't come with the package and I don't need it. I have "real growers recharge" instead

I managed to find this about my light. Wasn't easy either...any thoughts.
420-magazine-mobile1903930350.jpg
420-magazine-mobile801752196.jpg

looks decent i take they are 3W leds ... ? do they have double lenses to focus the light ? i do miss IR (730nm) spectrum ... but the 665nm is pretty close ... it may take a while longer to induce flower without IR ... "it may" ... there is also an indication that more IR then red light induces stretch ... thats why incandescent lights are risky

looks decent i take they are 3W leds ... ? do they have double lenses to focus the light ? i do miss IR (730nm) spectrum ... but the 665nm is pretty close ... it may take a while longer to induce flower without IR ... "it may" ... there is also an indication that more IR then red light induces stretch ... thats why incandescent lights are risky
5w leds

When is ideal to atart introducing a bit of nutes? Once transplanted into the coco after it's been in the cube?
When the first set of real leaves appear the nice 3 finger serrated dudes id start at 250 300 ppm increasing SLOWLY maybe a 100 ppm per week. Every strains different tho... I'm sure more experienced growers may have a different technique or suggestion this was just what i personally was going to do.

Also should I be ph'ing my water to 5.8 ish from the very beginning? I have a 5 gallon water cooler that I've had water sitting in for days because I was told not to use regular tap water
Totally depends on the quality of water. We are on a well with high levels of sulfur and sulfate. I plan to use our Pur water filter and go from there it's ridiculous how expensive bottled water is in alaska... so i plan to purify it myself. When in doubt go w. Distilled filtered or Reverse osmosis. As far as phing h20 yes. Your using coco too correct? The Ph is naturally between 5.5 and 6 so I'd aim right for that range.

Totally depends on the quality of water. We are on a well with high levels of sulfur and sulfate. I plan to use our Pur water filter and go from there it's ridiculous how expensive bottled water is in alaska... so i plan to purify it myself. When in doubt go w. Distilled filtered or Reverse osmosis. As far as phing h20 yes. Your using coco too correct? The Ph is naturally between 5.5 and 6 so I'd aim right for that range.
Ok that's the range I've been told and have read up aswell. My tap water is about 7.8 most days so definitely have to let it sit for 24 hours min then oh down anything I use to water

When I introduce nutes, I've heard 3 things. 1 is to ph water then mix in nutes. 2 is mix nutes then ph. And 3 is to ph before and after ( runoff water)

Ok that's the range I've been told and have read up aswell. My tap water is about 7.8 most days so definitely have to let it sit for 24 hours min then oh down anything I use to water

When I introduce nutes, I've heard 3 things. 1 is to ph water then mix in nutes. 2 is mix nutes then ph. And 3 is to ph before and after ( runoff water)
I use A.N. line half they recommend throw whole grow, but work fine, nut than ph water, then nut, then ph water...
But i flush my plants once a month, with half strengh nuts, twice a size pot is. 1/4 feeding i do from first 3 sets of leafs apppear. And in peak bloom i use 3 ml per litar. They recommande 4 ml per l. Good luck, i am very interest how new nuts u buy will show.

sounds like the plant lacks food in the flower stage when the soil gets depleted ... the plant starts to eat itself ... however getting 1-2-3 leaves usually the oldest ones that yellow and eventually dry up is not abnormal ... without a picture its hard to asses what it is
Good advice. She is slowly improving and purdy buds!
IMG_059850.JPG
IMG_059752.JPG

Agreed the specs on leaves usually indicate buggies :/ but luweedgi, can you introduce lady bugs for pest control at any time throughout the grow? And I know you mentioned nematodes the other day. Where can you find those?

Hey all. I'm making my own carbon filter currently, and im all ready except for just adding the carbon. I've had a hard time finding any locally. The only thing I could find is this, from a pet store.
420-magazine-mobile1005995701.jpg
here's the rest of it.
420-magazine-mobile1242127895.jpg
. My question is, is this stuff too fine to use as an air filter or would I have to go with something chunkier. I can't find anything larger, not locally or on amazon Canada.

Back
Top Bottom