Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

yes but there were 6 seeds and the paper wasnt that big so one on the one side was already out of the paper but the other must have fell off when i picked it up to check it, now in the new paaper towel after folding em, i pressed the towel on the top so they will stick in there. i guess i didnt do that right in the beginning. u reckon im gonna face a trouble now? i believe that since the seeds were still unsprout at the time i transfered them, they will be ok now right? i have no clue at all.

hi. i wanted to ask several related questions .
first, what is the normal estimated time for seedlings to sprout from soil if you planted the seeds first knuckle deep ?
secondly, what is the optimum temp and humidity to keep them at ?
third, at what distance should my double 14w t5 6500k be at while the seeds are in the soil and also when they start to sprout ?
thanks in advance!

sorry for making again the same question but im really nervous about my seeds. as i wrote earlier its been 27 hours since i placed them in paper towel in a dark box in my grow tent (25 degrees celcium) i opened the box to see after 24hours and none of the seeds had sprout, and two of the seeeds fell of the paper so i placed them in a new bigger papel towel im gona check again after 24 hours. should i be worried that my seeds are not sprouted yet? or should i just wait? do you think i harmed them now that i moved them in a bigger towel?
It can take upwards of a week or so for the seeds to germinate. Be patient.

first, what is the normal estimated time for seedlings to sprout from soil if you planted the seeds first knuckle deep ?
third, at what distance should my double 14w t5 6500k be at while the seeds are in the soil and also when they start to sprout ?
thanks in advance!

Marijuana seeds can germinate in many temperature conditions, but grow best between 75 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit (23-26 C). Cooler temperatures slow seed germination. Sprouting through the soil depends on the seed, strain, environment etc...Mine "typically" take anywhere from 48-96 hrs to show through the top. You can keep fluorescent/CFL lights fairly close. I have 3x 100w/5600k lights just a few inches from the top of my newest/current grow.

If I could make one suggestion? use a propagation dome. Even if it's just half a pop bottle. I've even used an empty lollipop container before. Just improvised a vent...and voila!

420-magazine-mobile349373533.jpg

yes but there were 6 seeds and the paper wasnt that big so one on the one side was already out of the paper but the other must have fell off when i picked it up to check it, now in the new paaper towel after folding em, i pressed the towel on the top so they will stick in there. i guess i didnt do that right in the beginning. u reckon im gonna face a trouble now? i believe that since the seeds were still unsprout at the time i transfered them, they will be ok now right? i have no clue at all.
I always place my seeds in a paper towel and fold the towel over a few folds. I also fold the ends so that I dont loose seeds out of the end. I then wer the paper towel completely. I then place the paper towel in a zip lock bag and I stick in between two plates on top of my germination heating pad. If you dont have a heating pad anywhere dark and a warm will do. Seeds need warmrh and moisture. I have had seeds take up to a few days to sprout but you could try scuffing the husk with some sandpaper or matchbook striker (you can use anything to scuff seed). If my seeds are still slow to germ I spray a mixture of h2o and h2o2. That method has worked great for me on many occasions.

To make it simple.....sometimes they take awhile and sometimes they dont but it is normal to take a few days. I never really give up on seeds though. If they do not popp after a few days I just plant them and give them a little time. I have had seeds sprout 14-21 days later

Hope that didnt confuse you more. Good luck and happy growing

thanks in advance!
72-76° Imho
High humidity for seeds. If they are in a baggie then humidity should be good if wet. If you already planted the seed you can put a piece of plasticwrap over your pot to create a makeshift humidity dome. I never have any issues that way.
I would say on average for myself that the time for seeds to sprout are anywheres from 2-5 days.

The t5 fixture can go as close as you like. The closer the better actually just don't let the light touch the plants

I was thinking the bulb would shatter. Lol.. but I have issues with it getting too hot on the warmer days in winter. Trying to decide what the best option is for over temp control

Hmmm. Wondering how they keep the big streetlights (like the highway ones) from shattering in Michigan. We have similar temps in Southern Ontario, and those bulbs survive here. Or am I comparing apples to oranges?

72-76° Imho
High humidity for seeds. If they are in a baggie then humidity should be good if wet. If you already planted the seed you can put a piece of plasticwrap over your pot to create a makeshift humidity dome. I never have any issues that way.
I would say on average for myself that the time for seeds to sprout are anywheres from 2-5 days.

The t5 fixture can go as close as you like. The closer the better actually just don't let the light touch the plants
im thinking of just throwing my five cups right in my 4x4x8 tent instead , then throwing my 1200 w led on and keeping it at about 4 feet away . the temps outside of tent are about 70 to 72 degrees and humidity is around 45 ish .ill be able to control the temp amd rh better inside the tent but idk if the 1200 w led is too intense . also shpukd note it crown royale and im using promix hp . the problem is i cant use thw t5 in my tent bevause of hardware limitations at this point in time .

im thinking of just throwing my five cups right in my 4x4x8 tent instead , then throwing my 1200 w led on and keeping it at about 4 feet away . the temps outside of tent are about 70 to 72 degrees and humidity is around 45 ish .ill be able to control the temp amd rh better inside the tent but idk if the 1200 w led is too intense . also shpukd note it crown royale and im using promix hp . the problem is i cant use thw t5 in my tent bevause of hardware limitations at this point in time .
If you could throw the t5's over them in an area that stays in the 70's you would be fine. The rh problem could be solved by simply just placing domes over them. I have never started seeds under led but know people who do all the time. If you were to try I think a distance of 4 feet would be the closest I would be willing to try out of fear that I would fry them

i noticed yesterday that they are replacing street lights around here with cob led's.

Their is going to be alot of dark streets and alleys around here lmao. . .
roflmao :rofl:

Hello guys
I am a first time grower and I have a dumb question. Can I reuse the soil after each grow, I am using FFOF
Thanks
Welcome, only the ones not asked are dumb. Soil is already flushed prior to harvest. So I just compost it or, add it to fresh soil. No problems.

sorry for making again the same question but im really nervous about my seeds. as i wrote earlier its been 27 hours since i placed them in paper towel in a dark box in my grow tent (25 degrees celcium) i opened the box to see after 24hours and none of the seeds had sprout, and two of the seeeds fell of the paper so i placed them in a new bigger papel towel im gona check again after 24 hours. should i be worried that my seeds are not sprouted yet? or should i just wait? do you think i harmed them now that i moved them in a bigger towel?
Kerry420, keep moist and warm. And, wait and see what happens. After a week, make a decision to keep trying or, grow in the towel.

I noticed yesterday that they are replacing street lights around here with cob led's.

Their is going to be alot of dark streets and alleys around here lmao. . .
Hey, hey, address to streetlights please

Back
Top Bottom