Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

420-magazine-mobile400180637.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1788389114.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1092669636.jpg
Yup looks like ph fluctuation and lock out

Is this normal progression through flowering stage, with the yellowing of the leaves. Have struggled with ph the whole grow, being in peat moss and all. About 5 or 6 weeks into flower.
420-magazine-mobile1521590298.jpg
420-magazine-mobile819851584.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1106260728.jpg

Not if salts are built up to that point, that's the reason to monitor the run off when flushing it out. Not my first rodeo .

Not to argue but Ive got 8 plants in 5 gal pots in a 5x9 tent so thats 120 gal im dumping into my tent pan? Oh take them separately to the bath tub and flush? Maybe. Or outside with the Russets to flush??? Ive read 3 times of water to pot size to flush too but I use Fox Farm. Im pretty sure the FF directions say 3 times the water you normally use not the pot size. Also dude at the grow shop said if you use artificial nutes like FF you will never get an accurate reading from checking run off. Just make sure its 6.5 going in.
This is what this threads for is opinions and to learn. I just cant see dumping 120 gal into my pan. In theory I dont think its that much needed to flush salts. How much volume does it take to run through the pot? now times that by 3 and Id say thats a flush. Its getting 3 times the volume of water it gets normally. Maybe I need to research what FF says again. Also these Russets will make you wish you had ANYTHING else!!! I read where the Gov is dumping these along the freeways to control the bushes??? I have a feeling they dumped a shit load by me and the rest of the country to follow. Spread these fuckers in great numbers the year recreational goes legal in Calif? Possible.

Not to argue but Ive got 8 plants in 5 gal pots in a 5x9 tent so thats 120 gal im dumping into my tent pan? Oh take them separately to the bath tub and flush? Maybe. Or outside with the Russets to flush??? Ive read 3 times of water to pot size to flush too but I use Fox Farm. Im pretty sure the FF directions say 3 times the water you normally use not the pot size. Also dude at the grow shop said if you use artificial nutes like FF you will never get an accurate reading from checking run off. Just make sure its 6.5 going in.
This is what this threads for is opinions and to learn. I just cant see dumping 120 gal into my pan. In theory I dont think its that much needed to flush salts. How much volume does it take to run through the pot? now times that by 3 and Id say thats a flush. Its getting 3 times the volume of water it gets normally. Maybe I need to research what FF says again. Also these Russets will make you wish you had ANYTHING else!!! I read where the Gov is dumping these along the freeways to control the bushes??? I have a feeling they dumped a shit load by me and the rest of the country to follow. Spread these fuckers in great numbers the year recreational goes legal in Calif? Possible.

I've been at battle with those bastards too, they are almost impossible to eradicate, I've only been able to control them.
I guess the real key to avoiding salt build up is DONT'T OVER FEED!
I sure wasn't trying to get under your skin with that post, but if you want to correct a problem as bad as his, it takes drastic measures or you can fight it until no end. Run off PH will give you an idea of what the PH of the medium is contrary to what you have been told or you can do a slurry test. But it won't matter what you put in if your medium is out of balance. That's why the deficiencies.
Grow the way that you feel fit, the advise to the OP wasn't to spark argument with you .

I dont know how to post photos but i need help with my plants. They keep wilting going yellow and dying or looking like somone snapped the stem. I have a temporary hanging double sided open bulb and a lamp in between an emergency blanket on cardboard on both sides to use as reflectors. The plants are in pots No matter what i do my plants are dying off one by one. Im using compost soil. I know its the worst set up possible but i dont have a choice until i csn afford a real setup

I dont know how to post photos but i need help with my plants. They keep wilting going yellow and dying or looking like somone snapped the stem. I have a temporary hanging double sided open bulb and a lamp in between an emergency blanket on cardboard on both sides to use as reflectors. The plants are in pots No matter what i do my plants are dying off one by one. Im using compost soil. I know its the worst set up possible but i dont have a choice until i csn afford a real setup
You add photos just like you would any other place

Hey folks. Planning on flipping to flower this upcoming weekend. Right now my lights are on 5am to 9pm (16/8). For flowering, because of my constant heat concerns in my space, I'd like to have the lights on period at night 8pm to 8am. I'll still be able to open the box and check them twice a day, and the lights won't add to the air temperature as much.

Question:
Which will be less detrimental, extending the dark period or the light period?

At 8pm, the lights will be about ready to turn off, i can just tell the timer to stay on until the next morning and to turn off at 8am instead.
Or
I cancel them coming on at 6am like usual and don't let them come on until 8pm that night.

Not looking to let this be the thing that throws them out of whack.

I hope this was clear.

Thanks.

I'm not completely sure on the correct answer. Id do off at 6am and turn them on at 8pm. If you wanna revert from bud and pull out youd move to longer hrs of light. I hope that helps some. Thats how I turn my indoors. Let them kick off. Reset tje timer while they sleep. And then they kick on the new schedule. And your able to watch and check to make sure its kicking on and off properly.

It's easy

Do a search on the site, u will learn how fast...

No pics is like telling yer mechanic my car goes ikkkity ikkity...what's wrong with it?????

Back
Top Bottom