Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Veteran :rofl:ive only been doing this 14 months... But I have absorbed tons of knowledge and have applied it to my best ability. Anyways onto your question. First thing I would decide is what pots you're going to use. A lower and wider pot would be best. An led panel can be tucked an inch from the ceiling and still get adequate cooling fan suction. In a 3x3 you're looking atleast at a Mars 400 or maybe 700. Or a set of reflectors, 96x5w. Smokesarah can help you out better than I can with what specifications your require for your size tent. I'd pm her and ask her what the best fit is for you. Possibly a couple original mars hydro 600s would work, but they're only available on eBay without warranty coverage. There's so many brands out there, just check out the sponsor page here and you'll find what you want.

If you're interested, brother Ched has a journal going and he is utilizing a propagation tent. He's having good success and decent size from to plants under a single mars 48x5w reflector. Linked below
1st Time Auto Topped LED Grow

Hope that helps you some, sorry I couldn't be more specific about the lights. Mars Hydro is economical and has amazing on site (here) support. They also shop fast, discreet and cover their warranty for years...

As for strains, I'd be recommending a pure indica or indica leaning hybrid. Northern lights, white Widow are easy to grow and are relatively stout and bushy. Training is your best friend in tight Tents... If you have good training techniques then you can maximize your space and light footprint. Check out my signature for some tutorials on getting Started on the right track with training.

Stinky Snid
:green_heart:cheers
Thanks for the reply, I've been following that thread already. Lol. Can you tell me how to contact Sarah? Also, what do you mean by training the plants?

Sent from my SM-G925V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

This is one about when/where to top photos compared to autos.
anonymous said:
I think I get it Snid, it's cause the photos take longer to veg and would benefit from the extra time of growing before you top?

420 hugs
The photos get topped after 5 nodes not because they need longer veg but because the can. You'll be losing less growing time to shock by doing it later, since it's established itself that much more and can recover faster. But it will take longer I total since you're waiting an extra week or so. As for autos it's because you have no time to waste, if you wait too long and cut the 3rd as the 5th node burgeons. You may be into flower phase by the time it recovers.

Stinky Snid
:green_heart:Cheers

I'm in it to hear it
I love my green girls
Hey Balat, welcome to the absorption chamber. The goal is to retain as much knowledge as you can in 1 hour... Go! :rofl: jk, hope you are able to get some insights from here. :Namaste:
Thanks for the reply, I've been following that thread already. Lol. Can you tell me how to contact Sarah? Also, what do you mean by training the plants?
Smokesarah is a member sponsor here and is always glad to help out. Click her user ID below to get to her profile page. Then you can send her a private message with your questions and dimensions. If you don't have 50 posts yet and cannot PM her, then check out the mars hydro support thread. Links below....
@Mars Hydro
Smokesara user profile [/URL]

Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Good luck on your light search, thanks for sharing :thanks:

Stinky Snid

Ps. Check my topping and Lst'ing tutorial in my signature, brother Ched is employing these strategies. A broad base and less than 18" on the vertical. It all starts early on in growth as to stay in control. Please go by there and see what is possible.

Pps.i see you're using the app... Sigh. It doesn't show signatures... Here's a link mun, go to desktop mode online for best experience.
How do I Low Stress Train my plants?
And..
How do I top my plants?

This is one about when/where to top photos compared to autos.

The photos get topped after 5 nodes not because they need longer veg but because the can. You'll be losing less growing time to shock by doing it later, since it's established itself that much more and can recover faster. But it will take longer I total since you're waiting an extra week or so. As for autos it's because you have no time to waste, if you wait too long and cut the 3rd as the 5th node burgeons. You may be into flower phase by the time it recovers.

Stinky Snid
:green_heart:Cheers
I'm confused. Am I in the wrong way? Lol

Hey Balat, welcome to the absorption chamber. The goal is to retain as much knowledge as you can in 1 hour... Go! :rofl: jk, hope you are able to get some insights from here. :Namaste:

Smokesarah is a member sponsor here and is always glad to help out. Click her user ID below to get to her profile page. Then you can send her a private message with your questions and dimensions. If you don't have 50 posts yet and cannot PM her, then check out the @mars hydro support thread. Links below....
Smokesara user profile

Stinky Snid
Thank you

After like 7 days I call a seed that ain't germinated dead you can soak it for 6 hours then back in a paper towel and between 2 ceramic plates

Sent from my SM-S902L using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi again Stinky,
Two of my seeds haven't germinated after 8 days in soil. Any suggestions? I'm so bummed.
Thanks
PacificPeach

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

There's no taproot coming out at all, did they even crack? Sounds like duds to me, don't give up Pacificpeach it happens to everyone. For me germination is the hardest part about growing, my germ rate is probably still like 60/40 with all my rookie mistakes. But I'll lose a seed every so often, it hurts and sinks your spirits but one thing is for sure.... There will be more seeds sown, you'll get It done :thumb:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Smokesarah is a member sponsor here and is always glad to help out. Click her user ID below to get to her profile page. Then you can send her a private message with your questions and dimensions. If you don't have 50 posts yet and cannot PM her, then check out the mars hydro support thread. Links below....
@Mars Hydro Smokesara user profile

Stinky Snid

Ps. Check my topping and Lst'ing tutorial in my signature, brother Ched is employing these strategies. A broad base and less than 18" on the vertical. It all starts early on in growth as to stay in control. Please go by there and see what is possible.

Pps.i see you're using the app... Sigh. It doesn't show signatures... Here's a link mun, go to desktop mode online for best experience.
How do I Low Stress Train my plants?
And..
How do I top my plants?

I love 420 and all it's participants great community it has helped me so much in my grows I can't thank enough for all my 420 friends you guys are the best

I love my green girls

Hey snid I have a question and it might sound stupid but I still need to know. Lol

If a seedling dies will it always droop?

I germed a bean and placed it in some supposed super soil my buddy made up that ended up being anything but super.

It ended up being very acidic prob around 5 range (I dont really know exactly cuz its litmus strips).

Anyways she broke ground and has just sat there. It seems like there has been no noticeable growth at all period. But the seedling is not wilted or shriveled at all.

I ask if they always droop if they die because I have cut clones before that had went 2-3 weeks and did not grow one root at all yet the clone still stood uprite.

besides the obvious change in color of the leafs only I would have never known that the clones were dead because the stems never seemed to grow weak or droopy. It looked alive but was dried out and stiff but besides that I wouldn't have known they were dead

I did transplant into some better soil with a normal ph but there is still some of that acidic soil around the roots because I was afraid to damage the roots more (the bad soil its still in is about the size of a rockwool cube.

I was hoping if it was still alive the roots would make it to the stable soil

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

Hey snid I have a question and it might sound stupid but I still need to know. Lol

If a seedling dies will it always droop?

I germed a bean and placed it in some supposed super soil my buddy made up that ended up being anything but super.

It ended up being very acidic prob around 5 range (I dont really know exactly cuz its litmus strips).

Anyways she broke ground and has just sat there. It seems like there has been no noticeable growth at all period. But the seedling is not wilted or shriveled at all.

I ask if they always droop if they die because I have cut clones before that had went 2-3 weeks and did not grow one root at all yet the clone still stood uprite.

besides the obvious change in color of the leafs only I would have never known that the clones were dead because the stems never seemed to grow weak or droopy. It looked alive but was dried out and stiff but besides that I wouldn't have known they were dead

I did transplant into some better soil with a normal ph but there is still some of that acidic soil around the roots because I was afraid to damage the roots more (the bad soil its still in is about the size of a rockwool cube.

I was hoping if it was still alive the roots would make it to the stable soil

There's no stupid questions, they're all relevant to someone. I've had a couple seedlings that just stayed an inch or two tall, upon further investigation... Digging to see the roots. I did they had been decimated by bugs. The plants looked fine, so after two weeks I wad like wtf and went digging. Not sure why they don't show signs of illness when they're that small, I imagine they are working with internal energy sources and will continue to until they run out. These sources of energy may sustain life but be enough for growth. If that makes sense... Tbh I've got no clue cannoisseuras, that's a stumper for sure. Lol there are limits to my knowledge, I'd say post it in the normal FAQs section and see if you can get a better response. Let us know if you find out the cause, thanks for asking here first... :Namaste:

Stinky Snid

K thx for the info.

Have you ever had to remove and replant a seedling or would that process destroy the roots.

And if you can remove them and place them into a different medium how do you do it?

I wouldn't try it with an auto unless is was absolutely necessary. But it's not going to kill it that's for sure. If you can remove it without ripping of the taproot she'll survive 100%. I had to do it with the sisters of the one that got her roots eaten. They were photos but got replanted in their first week, so if it's necessary yes you can do it safely. Don't play with roots and try not to expose them to light and it will be fine. Shock factor is high though, so be aware that it may drastically affect yields from am auto due to it flowering early and/or same time frame but would have less growth time cuz of the shock.

Edit: to do it, just take the media from its current container, plant and all. Hopefully it comes out in a cylinder or whatever shape the pot is. Once it's out then softly squeeze the media to loosen it up, hold the seedling with two finger and let the media fall off. You should be left holding the stem with some little roots and the tap. Try not to tear the feeder roots, they're the ones absorbing water. Then loose fill around the seedling in the media while you hold it upright, then in even pressure all around compact the media around the roots to form good contact with the soil. Cool?

There's no taproot coming out at all, did they even crack? Sounds like duds to me, don't give up Pacificpeach it happens to everyone. For me germination is the hardest part about growing, my germ rate is probably still like 60/40 with all my rookie mistakes. But I'll lose a seed every so often, it hurts and sinks your spirits but one thing is for sure.... There will be more seeds sown, you'll get It done :thumb:

Update: I dug up the 2 seeds. One is cracked and a small taproot is coming out. I can't really tell if it's dead or not. I put it back into a pot and I guess we'll see what happens.it's probably dead.

The other seed was swollen but not cracked. I put it into a wet paper towel between two plates. Will check again tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom