Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

had no dead leaves or mould throughout growth.

my feed schedule is to 1L (3.2ml each a+b) (2ml B-52) (2ml big bud) am i right for doing that & is there anything i can top up on ML to 1L to get a better yield? i also have overdrive

thanks snid!
You're welcome HtheH :Namaste:
Advanced nutrients had their lineup down to a science... Literally. Your feed schedule is right on, I see you're going a little less on the A+B. That's probably wise, I use the g/m/b line and usually do 80%feedings. BigBud and b52 are right on for this point. Add some BudCandy if you have it... But wait till you use that overdrive in a few weeks, it's amazing how much it helps late in flower. Thanks for sharing brother,

Stinky Snid
:green_heart:Cheers

Hey snid have a question for you... you think I should flower her or keep as mother?
Think she is ready? 6 month veg lol blue og dream... here she is
420-magazine-mobile1171657509.jpg

there are pistols everywhere... I know it's ready but just getting ideas whether to keep it as mom or not lol every 1/8th inch there is a new node (growth) started lol
I think you could take many clones from her now. Is this a strain you are comfortable growing and medicating with for the foreseeable future. If you sent her into flower as she is now, she'd likely end 5 feet tall or more by the looks of her current stature . You could take a dozen clones and then flower her for some immediate medicine. Then later on choose a mother (best) from the batcg of clones you took and flower the rest. If this is a strain you like then by all means keep as a mother but ideally you can do both.

So in short my answer for you is do both :Namaste:
I hope you get start a journal so we can see how it goes. Check my signature below for links on how to start one and I'll soon be there to follow along.

Stinky Snid
:green_heart:cheers

I have already clipped 30 clones off her that are rooting now and have clones in veg now just getting bigger but what you think ill get off that if I threw her under a 1000 watt 1.5 lbs?

Sent from my LGL52VL using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I have already clipped 30 clones off her that are rooting now and have clones in veg now just getting bigger but what you think ill get off that if I threw her under a 1000 watt 1.5 lbs?
Depends on many factors, either way you should start a journal for us. If you've already got that many clones then send this is into flower and reap the rewards.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Ok in throwing her in flower tonight at 7 light is on till 7 in morning then dark all day... She is already trying to push so I'm doing just that throwing it into flower Lol and this is one of the first blue dreams :) I have a purple Thai as well and that seed was from 1974 direct from Thailand :) have mob boss and strawberry cough as well

Sent from my LGL52VL using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi Stinky,

I was wondering - what is the longest time it took you to germinate a seed? It seems to me like most of these seeds germinate within 4-5 days.

Also, when do you 'give up' on a seed? Like I had 2 seeds that hadn't germinated in like 27 days so I finally gave up on them.

Thanks for all your help. It's awesome to have experienced growers to ask questions of!

PacificPeach

Hi Stinky,

I was wondering - what is the longest time it took you to germinate a seed? It seems to me like most of these seeds germinate within 4-5 days.

Also, when do you 'give up' on a seed? Like I had 2 seeds that hadn't germinated in like 27 days so I finally gave up on them.

Thanks for all your help. It's awesome to have experienced growers to ask questions of!

PacificPeach

For the most part seeds will take anywhere from a few days to a week or more . It depends on your methods obviously but in general if it hasn't responded within a week plus a day of emergency soaking then I'd give up on it as a dud. For example, soak for 24h, place in rockwool or paper towel for 1-2 days then into the medium for a few more until it shows itself bringing you to about a week. If you're sowing directly in the media then it will likely be quicker to emerge if it was viable. If the taproot comes out of the seed and isn't dried and brown it still has a chance to sprout. Don't give up till it's dead.
Having said all that I've had a seed germinate after nearly 2 weeks. I did my normal method and had no taproot showing so I planted it after 5 days. A week later it emerged out of the media. :yahoo: but by that time I had already planted a replacement seed so I had an extra plant. Double bonus...

Stinky Snid

For the most part seeds will take anywhere from a few days to a week or more . It depends on your methods obviously but in general if it hasn't responded within a week plus a day of emergency soaking then I'd give up on it as a dud. For example, soak for 24h, place in rockwool or paper towel for 1-2 days then into the medium for a few more until it shows itself bringing you to about a week. If you're sowing directly in the media then it will likely be quicker to emerge if it was viable. If the taproot comes out of the seed and isn't dried and brown it still has a chance to sprout. Don't give up till it's dead.
Having said all that I've had a seed germinate after nearly 2 weeks. I did my normal method and had no taproot showing so I planted it after 5 days. A week later it emerged out of the media. :yahoo: but by that time I had already planted a replacement seed so I had an extra plant. Double bonus...

Stinky Snid

Thank you Stinky!

I have 2 seeds that haven't germinated yet after 7 days. I put them in the same light soil mix that I used with the other seeds. Hopefully they will germinate in the next couple of days. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

hi snid i also have 9 auto flowers broke through the soil 19/12/16 so 6 weeks old today and all of them have barely any hairs or the odd 2.

have you any ideas on what i can do? heard putting them 12/12 can help?

there under 600w hps 18/6, dont want it going on forever because electric bill be huge and i only grow for myself only.

(3.2ml each canna a+b) (2ml b-52) per L

coco with 35-40% perlite

thanks again snid
IMG_20170130_1250401.jpg
IMG_20170130_125124.jpg

Stinky Snider I would like to thank you for this thread and ask your help if I may. I am new to the forum. I've recently decided to pull the trigger and buy and grow tent setup. I've taken measurements of my available space in my bedroom closet and the option I've chosen is an Agromax Short Stack grow tent. It is 39.5x39.5x30.5. That's 30.5" tall. It's a total of 26 cubic feet according to specs. I'm wanting run LED lights to save on electricity and to not need any cooling unit hopefully just exhaust fans and charcoal filter. My question to you at this point is what lighting unit do you recommend for this size tent and also what stains will need a good grow for a newb that will be able to thrive in such a short tent. I'm wanting to grow 3 females from seed. I am reading tons of info on here and other sources as I will continue to do my homework. I'm just hoping for some guidance from a veteran. TIA

Sent from my SM-G925V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hello i can answer that for you..if you have a couple odd balls abit slower thats normal..since they DO have hairs they will flower.they will just take longer thats all..no need for 12/12..just be patient brother..i know its hard too sometimes..but honestly nothing is wrong..peace☆

hi snid i also have 9 auto flowers broke through the soil 19/12/16 so 6 weeks old today and all of them have barely any hairs or the odd 2.

have you any ideas on what i can do? heard putting them 12/12 can help?

there under 600w hps 18/6, dont want it going on forever because electric bill be huge and i only grow for myself only.

(3.2ml each canna a+b) (2ml b-52) per L

coco with 35-40% perlite

thanks again snid
IMG_20170130_1250401.jpg
IMG_20170130_125124.jpg

anonymous said:
What is the reasoning for scoring the roots? Haven't heard of that one before.

Scoring the roots when transplanting works very much like topping a plant. With each cut in the root ball new branches will form and increase the speed of growth aswell as sending roots in all directions instead of just downwards from the bottom of the root ball. I slice a couple inches up the root ball, on four sides. I'm sure there's some literature on this around here somewhere, I'll post a link or excerpt when I find it.

I haven't found the specific posts yet but doc bud recommends it. But it helps to get roots to avoid circular growing and more branching outwards

Stinky Snid
:green_heart:Cheers

Hello i can answer that for you..if you have a couple odd balls abit slower thats normal..since they DO have hairs they will flower.they will just take longer thats all..no need for 12/12..just be patient brother..i know its hard too sometimes..but honestly nothing is wrong..peace☆

how long do you think?
thanks old school

Have a question snid... I have been pinching the water leafs off that blue dream of mine9
420-magazine-mobile1654000510.jpg
and was wondering if I let it go now and not pinch leaves will it push to the point of pretty much explosion of flowers? The reason I ask is cause this is how I did it before and saw 2 grams/watt off my 1000 watt hortilux super blue (600 hps 400 mh) please inform me of another way to force node growth which I'm trying to adapt alot of new ways to grow

Sent from my SM-S902L using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It is 39.5x39.5x30.5. That's 30.5" tall. It's a total of 26 cubic feet according to specs. My question to you at this point is what LED lighting unit do you recommend for this size tent and also what stains will need a good grow for a newb that will be able to thrive in such a short tent. I'm just hoping for some guidance from a veteran. TIA
Veteran :rofl:ive only been doing this 14 months... But I have absorbed tons of knowledge and have applied it to my best ability. Anyways onto your question. First thing I would decide is what pots you're going to use. A lower and wider pot would be best. An led panel can be tucked an inch from the ceiling and still get adequate cooling fan suction. In a 3x3 you're looking atleast at a Mars 400 or maybe 700. Or a set of reflectors, 96x5w. Smokesarah can help you out better than I can with what specifications your require for your size tent. I'd pm her and ask her what the best fit is for you. Possibly a couple original mars hydro 600s would work, but they're only available on eBay without warranty coverage. There's so many brands out there, just check out the sponsor page here and you'll find what you want.

If you're interested, brother Ched has a journal going and he is utilizing a propagation tent. He's having good success and decent size from to plants under a single mars 48x5w reflector. Linked below
1st Time Auto Topped LED Grow

Hope that helps you some, sorry I couldn't be more specific about the lights. Mars Hydro is economical and has amazing on site (here) support. They also shop fast, discreet and cover their warranty for years...

As for strains, I'd be recommending a pure indica or indica leaning hybrid. Northern lights, white Widow are easy to grow and are relatively stout and bushy. Training is your best friend in tight Tents... If you have good training techniques then you can maximize your space and light footprint. Check out my signature for some tutorials on getting Started on the right track with training.

Stinky Snid

Back
Top Bottom