Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Can you can grow indoor strains, outdoors???

You can grow any strain anywhere anytime... It's best if you find one that most compatible with your environment and closeness to the equator to have best results. The thing with indoor specific strains is their susceptibility to disease and what not... I've not grown much outdoors but it's where autos shine best from what I've seen. No light like sunlight, right? :thumb:
For autos though I'd reserve them for optimal growing conditions outdoors. Too cold or hot or humid or dry and you could run into problems like early flower and slow growth. But I've definitely seen some huge outdoor auto plants.

Stinky Snid
:green_heart:cheers

Here is my blue dream in flower Lol I think I need to update room size Lol its like 5x6 or something like that Lol she is going to be huge! And I need another 1000 in there Lol for real cause 5 of those are gonna be 4 1/2 5 footer. My blue dream is gonna be like 7 8 lol

Sent from my LGL52VL using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile781930173.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1961342504.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1995309778.jpg
that's my blue dream :) she so bushy

Sent from my LGL52VL using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Snid have you checked out my journal
I thought I did. But Apparently I haven't:oops:. I'll come by asap brother :thumb:
Great thread Snid. I already learned a ton of stuff I didn't know. Keep up the good work!
Thank you Wr420, glad to have been able to teach you all with the meagher knowledge I have retained over the past year.
Looks like your new thread is a great success..:thumb:
:thanks: it's a wonder I've been able to keep up with all the questions. The just keep coming... So many great questions one after another.
:rofl: I hope to fully convert to cyborg soon.:rofl:
So that will be a non issue... Jk glad I could make a small contribution to help out brothers and sisters in need.

KiG everyone :green_heart:cheers

Hi again Stinky,

More questions - thanks so much for all your help. We are getting ready to harvest 2 AK-47 autos. They have been flowering for about 48 days. We looked at the trichomes today. We have a mix of clear, cloudy, and some amber. What are the percentages that you are supposed to take them at for the highest THC levels? Also, do you recommend letting the soil dry out completely for several days before the harvest?
Thanks again,
PacificPeach

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi again Stinky,

More questions - thanks so much for all your help. We are getting ready to harvest 2 AK-47 autos. They have been flowering for about 48 days. We looked at the trichomes today. We have a mix of clear, cloudy, and some amber. What are the percentages that you are supposed to take them at for the highest THC levels? Also, do you recommend letting the soil dry out completely for several days before the harvest?
Thanks again,
PacificPeach
TrikeChart1.jpg
This is the basic boil down in a picture. You have clear trichomes to start with as they form throughout flowering. In the final few weeks they will turn more cloudy and then eventually amber. Once you've seen minimal clear trichomes your harvest window is open. Once you get to that point it's up to your personal preference of what "type" of High your looking for. For highest thc levels you would be harvesting with mostly cloudy trichomes.
I let my pots dry out pre harvest, yes. For what reason... I'm not sure anymore :rofl:id have to go back into my journal. But essentially it ends the life cycle of the plant and is a form of shock to supposedly increase trichomes in a last ditch effort to get pollinated.. I think. Also no water means no nutrient uptake so it'll use up its last internal energies resulting in less nutes at harvest.Hope that answers your questions Pacificpeach, thanks for asking :thanks:

Stinky Snid
:green_heart:cheers

Whats your thoughts on a 48 hour dark period before harvest.
The extended darkness is supposed to trick the plants into sending and storing the nutes to the roots resulting in a cleaner burning and tasting end results.

Do you believe in this practice or have you personally tried it?

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

Whats your thoughts on a 48 hour dark period before harvest.
The extended darkness is supposed to trick the plants into sending and storing the nutes to the roots resulting in a cleaner burning and tasting end results.

Do you believe in this practice or have you personally tried it?

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!
I have personally seen stretching/elongation of trichomes after 48h dark. I would not have thought they would get noticeably longer in two more days of light. But Emilya has also concurred with this analysis. It's still up for definitive testing, but I do this for all my plants except for emergencies.
As for the part about chlorophyll. I'm going by instinctive memories from my research but, when they're in sleep state alot of "activity" within slow or stops. As you were suggesting, as soon as light hits the leaves the engine starts up again.. And That's why I Cut in the dark, to prevent this. Great question, hope my add hock explanation is satisfactory. :Namaste:

Stinky Snid
:green_heart:Cheers

I have a ? Which Iam sure has been answered before here some where's lol but anyways, what's up with people using molasses during feeding ?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom