Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

IMG_20170123_112438.jpg

hi snid

be going into week 4 of flower on monday, just wondering can i trim the lower buds & stems whilst in flower or a no go?

will it help my yield if i do or not, this is from week 2 and this week there looking beautiful witht them advanced nutes

thanks snid
You can definitely trim them off now, be very selective in choosing which ones though. If you're certain they won't amount to anything then remove it. Better to trim your popcorn now than later on when they've used up energies to mature. This should give more bulk to your upper buds in the end. If you can't open her up some to get light to the popcorn then you can remove said popcorn. Not sure if it applies to your plants but my rule of thumb is... If it's on the horizontal take it out, if it on the vertical then it stays. Hope that gives you some insight on what to trim off.:Namaste:

Stinky Snid
:green_heart:cheers

Hey,

Im a first time grower and I had a quick question. I'm growing white widow and I know it's about time to harvest these plants. I got a jewlers loupe to look at the trichomes and I just need an opinion on if I should harvest now or wait.
420-magazine-mobile1052341277.jpg
420-magazine-mobile387265194.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You can definitely trim them off now, be very selective in choosing which ones though. If you're certain they won't amount to anything then remove it. Better to trim your popcorn now than later on when they've used up energies to mature. This should give more bulk to your upper buds in the end. If you can't open her up some to get light to the popcorn then you can remove said popcorn. Not sure if it applies to your plants but my rule of thumb is... If it's on the horizontal take it out, if it on the vertical then it stays. Hope that gives you some insight on what to trim off.:Namaste:

Stinky Snid
ill give her a light trip tomorrow and share a pic with you, your the man!
thanks

When I look at trichomes, I see the mushroom topped trichomes that are clear, milky & amber. I also see clear pointy tipped stalks. Are those things going to turn into trichomes or do they always stay clear and pointy?
Pictured below are Backlit cystolythic non-glandular trichomes (Left and Right) with a capitate-stalked glandular trichome (center).
4vsA42H.jpg

If these are what your seeing then they'll remain as such as they provide a protective shield for the plant. Look for the capitate-stalked trichomes for your amber/milky. These are the only ones containing thc/cbd/cbn etc... If it's not hair like, like the ones pictured you may have broken a trichomes cap and left only the stalk.

Stinky Snid

Hey,

Im a first time grower and I had a quick question. I'm growing white widow and I know it's about time to harvest these plants. I got a jewlers loupe to look at the trichomes and I just need an opinion on if I should harvest now or wait.
420-magazine-mobile1052341277.jpg
420-magazine-mobile387265194.jpg
I can't tell much from these pics about the trichomes, I think I see a few ambers (5%) but it could just be the lighting. But seeing those big thick white pistils makes me think you've got a little ways to go. Check back in a week, and if you've got 10-15%amber trichomes then you can go ahead and start to flush in preparation for harvest. Then if you can see the trichomes with your loupe then you'll be certain to get it right. Makes sure to not just check the top buds but more importantly the middle ones and check the buds not sugar leaves.

Stinky Snid

that's my mob boss showing threw ending week 2 of flower
Hey Genoc, thanks for sharing. Do you have a journal that you can post these in, so others can follow your grow? We'd like to know what's up with your mom boss, let us know when you get that started. Link in my signature will help you find the right spot to get your journal up and running. :Namaste:

Stinky Snid

Pictured below are Backlit cystolythic non-glandular trichomes (Left and Right) with a capitate-stalked glandular trichome (center).
4vsA42H.jpg

If these are what your seeing then they'll remain as such as they provide a protective shield for the plant. Look for the capitate-stalked trichomes for your amber/milky. These are the only ones containing thc/cbd/cbn etc... If it's not hair like, like the ones pictured you may have broken a trichomes cap and left only the stalk.

Stinky Snid

Thanks so much for clarifying this!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey snid is it me or are these pistils way premature? Plants 21 days old today both of them and out of three different strains these two are the same and the only ones showing pistils
They look like they're going to be smaller than usual. Hopefully they stretch for you, but I've had a few mini Me's too. The thing with mini Me's is they always have fat buds, but are smaller than most autos so it kinda works out. Are we talking about autos? I'm pretty sure they are but...

* If not then all is fine and it's just preflowers, merely a sign that it's ready for the flip. *

Stinky Snid

They look like they're going to be smaller than usual. Hopefully they stretch for you, but I've had a few mini Me's too. The thing with mini Me's is they always have fat buds, but are smaller than most autos so it kinda works out. Are we talking about autos? I'm pretty sure they are but...

* If not then all is fine and it's just preflowers, merely a sign that it's ready for the flip. *

Stinky Snid

Damn that's what I was worried it was a sign of yes there both autos there the fast buds Crystal Meth it's a purple I ran one last run and got 2 bags from her dry I'm happy with that I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed and run veg nutes for another 3 weeks or so thanks snid

Ohioboy can't stop!! Ohioboy With Fast Buds - Let's See How Fast Exactly

Snid can I back build an auto?
Yes sir you can, I've made it common practice now. I at least do half of the Colas. Every time it's noticeable that it's been successful. Same concepts apply as the photoperiods.

Good call on running veg nutes a while longer to try and get them to stretch for you. Good luck brother :Namaste:

Stinky Snid

Yes sir you can, I've made it common practice now. I at least do half of the Colas. Every time it's noticeable that it's been successful. Same concepts apply as the photoperiods.

Good call on running veg nutes a while longer to try and get them to stretch for you. Good luck brother :Namaste:

Stinky Snid

What does back build mean?

My understanding of back-building is cutting the upper portion of a cola just down to the tip of the stem in order to stop anymore vertical growth which in turn will trick the plant into adding mass outward horizontally. It's supposed to make your fruit swell, adding mass and girth. ..

What does back build mean?
This a technique where you clip a minuscule amount from the top of the buds. Usually around mid flower. This helps the buds to bulk up and stack together in many cases. Below is a link to Light Addict's thread that shows the specifics on how to do it.

Light Addict's back building guide

Stinky Snid
:green_heart:Cheers

Hi Stinky,
When I look at the seed bank descriptions of how long autoflowers take, it seems to be on the low side to what actually happens. They say something like 56 days of flowering. Also, I'm noticing that in your journal and other's journals, everyone seems to let their plants go a lot longer. Are the seed banks underestimating the times? And how can we know what to expect? I feel like I need to be more patient. Also when people put the days on the plant age they say something like 30 + 40. What does that notation mean?

Back
Top Bottom