At The Foot Of Mount Washmore

Good morning, John! I think the word you may be looking for is 'chuffed'. :rofl: I picked up a very basic little Sony cybershot because I needed a camera. My first grandchild is due to arrive in a few months and I wanted to start a journal so I picked one up. My brother Sweetleef thinks that mj can just hard to photograph. To be fair, I haven't done too much with it yet aside from pics of my plants, my favorite bong and a few things around the house like the fish tanks. I should really see how it will do with people! Perhaps I have passed judgement too soon. I don't have a smart phone but lots of people on here use them. You are welcome to put some pics up here of what you've got going, or start a journal! I'd follow! :surf:

Looks good Sis,

Looks like the PM is trying to move in on the Harlequin. We'll get some neem oil on her soon. Should wipe it right out.

bottom leaves die sometimes. As long as it doesn't move up we're all good!

I forgot to mention the pm! Yes, the pm has jumped to Sammy. It isn't bad yet, but it is present! As far as the leaves go, I must admit that I had a bit of a flash back to Sammy's mom, but hopefully it's just normal plant stuff!!

I don't love the way her leaves look either, Rado. I laid awake last night worried about a plant! I know she always looks to have a bluish tint to her in photos. She did not, however, look vibrant and I don't know the word... fresh, maybe? Her new beginning buds look really good, bright and green and happy, but the rest of her is really rather lack-luster. I've got some wheat berries sprouting for a sprouted seed tea. That will be ready in a couple days. We'll give her a shot of the ol' seed juice, and get the pm handled and she'll be back on track. C'mom Sammy!!

Good morning, John! You are welcome to put some pics up here of what you've got going, or start a journal! I'd follow! :surf:
Ditto! I want a looksy as well.

From where I'm sitting things look fine Magic but in person you can always notice things we don't in pics.
:nicethread:

Thank you, Reg! I appreciate the support. :circle-of-love: I think once the pm problem is dealt with she will be back to her old self. :geek: She wants to flower so I'll just support her as I can and watch her go! :blunt:

Thanks guys, I will post pics when I get a camera or phone.:high-five:

Hi Magic,:love:
The very best solution to PM is a sulfur burner. Probably not too organic, but works GREAT. Nothing else even comes close. Not even Neem.:thumb: My indoor grow is in a Redwood grove. Mold city!

:circle-of-love:

I should add:

If you've started to flower, sulfur will damage pistils (sp). The white hairs of female-ness. A short 1hr burn will lose a few days growth, but will eliminate the PM for the rest of your grow. I would do it in a heart beat around here, otherwise you risk the whole plant. PM is systemic, it lurks in the shadows waiting for the faint of heart that can't bring themselves to burn sulfur. "It smells so bad, how could it be good?" Yeah, yeah, yeah. I've heard it all. Just get one and do it. You'll struggle with it until you do. Gar-ron-teed... Come on, put on your big girl panties....er...I mean "your big boy pants".:cheer:

:circle-of-love:

Weird Rad,:hmmmm:

My plants look spectacular in bloom!:yahoo:

I'll say a kind word to the big guy for you!:Namaste:

Clearly, I haven't mastered the multi-quote yet, but I will....then, watch out!:allgood:

Oh man, thanks for reminding me about sulfur. True, sulfur burning would take care of things for a while. But, we're running no-till soil. Running a sulfur burner would also kill the fungi we do want living in the soil Leaving the plant more susceptible to reinfection, infestation, and disease. It's the first run ion the soil and as the soil becomes more robust, I believe it will make future plants strong enough to resist. This Harlequin we have is particularly susceptible to PM.

Even with burning sulfur it can come back sooner than you want. Neem is the most effective and least damaging thing I have tried thus far. So for now, I think we'll stick with neem and other natural remedies, until we need to go nuclear, we will try to avoid it. If I can beat russet mites, I can beat PM :) But we will keep sulfur in mind for if and when things get out of hand :high-five:

Clearly, I haven't mastered the multi-quote yet, but I will....then, watch out!:allgood:

It took me a good long while to figure out the multiquote! :geek: But that was a good day! :rofl: I read up a bit on sulfur burners not too long ago when it came up in another journal. Maybe Cajun's? I don't remember for sure. I just thought it would be way too much for me do to on my own, I never even thought about the impact on my new soil. There is a thread on here about a diy burner too, but I can't remember who started that either! :loopy: Not my day for remembering things, I guess. I did order neem oil after my post this morning. It should be here by Friday, so we will have to go with that.

It took me a good long while to figure out the multiquote! :geek: But that was a good day! :rofl: I read up a bit n sulfur burners not too long ago when it came up in another journal. Maybe Cajun's? I don't remember for sure. I just thought it would be way too much for me do to on my own, I never even thought about the impact on my new soil. There is a thread on here about a diy burner too, but I can't remember who started that either! :loopy: Not my day for remembering things, I guess. I did order neem oil after my post this morning. It should be here by Friday, so we will have to go with that.

I know the sulfur burner was on Cajun's journal. I need to back up here and find out what's going on. It's rude to jump in at the end, isn't it Magic? I've been major distracted the past couple days and I've missed you Girl. :love: Be right back. :laughtwo:

Ok, I'm back. Powdery mildew. Yuk! What's that mildew thinking Magic? Drat. Somewhere lately I read someone who used baking soda (?). I can't remember. If I come across it I'll drop it here.

What I want you to do is begin right now seeing the entire thing as resolved in the best possible way. Let's completely eliminate any negative thought here, OK? You and SweetLeef will figure it out.

You mentioned earlier on my thread that you were also investigating the effects of gratitude on Grace. Are you by chance doing Oprah's meditation experience as well, or are you working this mystery out on your own?

I am! I am a Deepak fan for sure. I firmly believe our intent and mindset can change the world. It's vital, therefore, to set your mind toward kindness, compassion, hope, and gratitude. And of course :love: love :love: :dreamy:

Love, the force that drives the universe. I figured out at a very young age that the entire purpose of being here was to love and be loved in return. I'm actually getting ready to do today's meditation in a couple minutes before I start my evening's cannabis studies.

I'm so thrilled you're doing it too. I have a Survival thread in Miscellaneous journals where I started writing out the meditations I find most relevant, if you ever want to check it out. The thread itself is pretty raw, since it's where I'm working out my transition to single woman, but I'm into the rebuilding phase now, so most of the brutal painfulness is behind me. Deepak's meditation experiences have sustained me for years now, so of course this one became part of my rebuild.

I enjoy trying to find the quiet spaces between the thoughts. I have yet to become a daily meditator, but I do enjoy these experiences. I always learn so much about myself.

Back
Top Bottom