At The Foot Of Mount Washmore

Good afternoon Ms Magic! :cheer:

I love the looks of your plants, but have concerns about your humidity levels :straightface: Nettles was 8 weeks old when I put her into flower, so she was mature like Sammy, had a lot of older leaves, some twisty, some just beaten up. But, when the humidity took a turn, I defoled the heck out of her.

I have to say she responded really well and I did not, thank the stars, have a PM issue. But, different growers have differing thoughts on defoliating and such.

I am so glad things are looking good over there ATM and you have an excellent, experienced "pit crew" to help you along!

Ain't it grand?

:cheesygrinsmiley:

:love:Good Morning Magic, et al.:love:

Neem and the other stuff we try on PM is just that. We try. Consider that every commercial greenhouse and grow room IN THE WORLD use sulfur burners. Consider also, sulfur is a natural substance. Organic.

When we burn, we cover the things we don't want to raise the PH of. Like your dirt........ Put it off for now if you must, but remember, burn before each grow and when turning, and you'll NEVER even see PM again. Archive these words, so you know where to find the solution after you've spent a lot of money and been TOTALLY frustrated throwing out your beloved babies.

Resistance is futile.:thedoubletake:

Sorry, I kind of went 'Borg' there for a moment.:Namaste:

:circle-of-love:

Plus, it's real easy. Plug it in for an hour or 2 while you're shopping or something. Unplug and done.

Plug and unplug. How simple is that? I resisted for years for some reason I don't remember now. Foolish me!

This makes life easier. Spraying is much harder. We do avoid it for the smell, I think.

Use a Canna air freshener!:rofl:

Magic,

If you want to try a sulfur burner sometime, I'll bring mine up to you and show you how, when I go north to my outdoor grow. It'ed be fun, too! Or not, I won't be offended very long!:high-five:

Good afternoon Ms Magic! :cheer:

I love the looks of your plants, but have concerns about your humidity levels :straightface: Nettles was 8 weeks old when I put her into flower, so she was mature like Sammy, had a lot of older leaves, some twisty, some just beaten up. But, when the humidity took a turn, I defoled the heck out of her.

I have to say she responded really well and I did not, thank the stars, have a PM issue. But, different growers have differing thoughts on defoliating and such.

I am so glad things are looking good over there ATM and you have an excellent, experienced "pit crew" to help you along!

Ain't it grand?

:cheesygrinsmiley:

TopCat! Good to see you! I've done a couple of fairly heavy defols, (the first one in particular was ruthless), on her and I am not opposed to another at all. I will take out some more of the bulk at the end of the week before I neem her. My rh was so right on the nose, but now that the girls are getting watered more frequently, Sammy especially, I will need to be much more careful about keeping the door partially open to help with that. Within a few minutes of having the door open the rh drops significantly. I will have to find that sweet spot that helps with the rh but doesn't completely throw off the temps. I keep the air conditioner and a fan in the room and they are almost always running. The room itself it usually 6-10 degrees cooler than than the grow room. So, this is the 'dialing-in' I've read so much about! We'll get it sorted and Sammy will be great!

:love:Good Morning Magic, et al.:love:

Neem and the other stuff we try on PM is just that. We try. Consider that every commercial greenhouse and grow room IN THE WORLD use sulfur burners. Consider also, sulfur is a natural substance. Organic.

When we burn, we cover the things we don't want to raise the PH of. Like your dirt........ Put it off for now if you must, but remember, burn before each grow and when turning, and you'll NEVER even see PM again. Archive these words, so you know where to find the solution after you've spent a lot of money and been TOTALLY frustrated throwing out your beloved babies.

Resistance is futile.:thedoubletake:

Sorry, I kind of went 'Borg' there for a moment.:Namaste:

Plus, it's real easy. Plug it in for an hour or 2 while you're shopping or something. Unplug and done.

Plug and unplug. How simple is that? I resisted for years for some reason I don't remember now. Foolish me!

This makes life easier. Spraying is much harder. We do avoid it for the smell, I think.

Use a Canna air freshener!:rofl:

Magic,

If you want to try a sulfur burner sometime, I'll bring mine up to you and show you how, when I go north to my outdoor grow. It'ed be fun, too! Or not, I won't be offended very long!:high-five:

Hi John! I may have to go the sulfur route, but it won't be for poor ol' Sammy. That just isn't something I can put together this go around for a variety of reasons. But! I will archive these words, I promise! :geek: I have done a bit of reading about it and priced some burners and the sulfur. If we can protect the soil then perhaps this is something that I will need to put on the list of needs and Sweetleef and I can put it into action. Thanks for looking out for my girls, John! :green_heart:

Yes, sulfur is a down the road situation.

We wash our buds at harvest, so PM isn't much of a concern anyway.

Sis,

We could pick you up one of those cheap fart fans from the hardware store, attach a cord and enough ducting to keep the light out, and keep the air flowing out of your area, maybe into the bathroom next to it.... We'll discuss those options next time I'm up.

Yes, sulfur is a down the road situation.

We wash our buds at harvest, so PM isn't much of a concern anyway.

Sis,

We could pick you up one of those cheap fart fans from the hardware store, attach a cord and enough ducting to keep the light out, and keep the air flowing out of your area, maybe into the bathroom next to it.... We'll discuss those options next time I'm up.

That may be just the solution we need! Fart fan... :rofl::rofl:

Hi Dennise! :ciao: Thanks for stopping by! :circle-of-love:

That may be just the solution we need! Fart fan... :rofl::rofl:
LOL... If there was any doubt now we know they're siblings.

Edit: You know I'm tired, I thought it read Fart man.

High Magic, things are looking great. :high-five:

P.S. put the Sulfur burner in the room and when SweetLeef comes by tell him you thought he said just "fart Man" (thanks BAR). :sorry: :oops:

High Magic, things are looking great. :high-five:

P.S. put the Sulfur burner in the room and when SweetLeef comes by tell him you thought he said just "fart Man" (thanks BAR). :sorry: :oops:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Thank you, RS!!! An excellent idea!

I forgot that I got a couple pictures of the babies today. I should have checked them out on the camera more closely before I got them all put away because the pic I have of the Nirvana Sky is lousy! But here they are anyway! 1 weeek old!

Nirvana Sky super-auto

DSC0010013.JPG

Sweet Coffee Ryder-fem photo

DSC0009611.JPG

Coffee is a bit closer than Nirvana to the light but she is almost twice as tall. Lanky girl, I will set her deeper when it is time to pot her up.

I get unbearably impatient at this point. Then they take off almost like magic and keep getting bigger and bigger. But at this point here, I'm always convinced they aren't growing fast enough.

I've recently begun telling myself to be unconcerned with the leaves. Leaves will take care of themselves in time. This is the root-building stage.

Yours are doing well Magic. May they dazzle you. :blushsmile:

Thank you, SweetSue! I am the same way. I haven't had babies in a while and I had forgotten that I get a little fixated on them. I check them over and over.... I think that's what they refer to as helicopter parenting! I'll do it again tomorrow!

Hahaha!!! Helicopter Parenting!!! I'd never heard it put like that before. :rofl:

I forgot that I got a couple pictures of the babies today. I should have checked them out on the camera more closely before I got them all put away because the pic I have of the Nirvana Sky is lousy! But here they are anyway! 1 weeek old!

Nirvana Sky super-auto

DSC0010013.JPG

Sweet Coffee Ryder-fem photo

DSC0009611.JPG

Coffee is a bit closer than Nirvana to the light but she is almost twice as tall. Lanky girl, I will set her deeper when it is time to pot her up.

Hey Congratulations! :party:

Your newbie and mine are about the same age :)

:peace:

So, I had the bee open up the tent so I could look at the big girls and they are fabulous! Yes the pm is there - tracking info says the neem will be here Friday - but they look good nonetheless! Toni is really pretty and seems to be tolerating the silver very well. When the tent was opened the rh was at 69%, yikes! Within 1 minute of the door being open it was down to 66% so we left it pushed open a bit. I'll check it in half an hour or so and see where we are. We'll keep it open some over the next couple of days to see what the temps and rh do and then go from there! I do think this will be a simple solution to help manage the rh, as long as the temps don't drop too much. I have to say, I am really looking forward to the Friday defol and neem treatment. Not the neem really, but I love the defol process. I find it really relaxing, like trimming a harvest. Load a bowl, good music, and a lovely plant... ahhh....that'll make for a really nice Friday night! It also challenges me to use my hands and arms differently and that is a good thing. Sammy has gotten pretty tall, however, so it will be a bit more challenging.

I have blathered on long enough for now. Door has been open about half an hour. Temp was 86, it is now 82. Rh was 69 it is now 63. Not ideal. We'll work on that...

Hahaha!!! Helicopter Parenting!!! I'd never heard it put like that before. :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: Attachment parenting? I like the idea of helicopter parenting because of all the hovering I feel like I do. I feel like it explains you as well... :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom