Atrain Indoor T5 Closet Grow - White Widow Auto - White Cheese Auto - Royal Haze Auto

Re: Atrain Indoor T5 Closet Grow - White Widow Auto - White Cheese Auto - Royal Haze

20150124_212657-1.jpg
20150124_212729-1.jpg
20150124_212808-1.jpg

Thanks for the support sue always nice to have words of encouragement

Well it's the weekend and I can never leave things alone so after tha advice and research I have decided to do a little more LST... there are a few pics let me know what y'all think and any more advice on lst is def more than welcome

Re: Atrain Indoor T5 Closet Grow - White Widow Auto - White Cheese Auto - Royal Haze

I'm watching this closely atrain. When I started my auto grow I decided not to LST for my first grow because I wanted to see how they would grow unmolested, but I'm enjoying all you other adventuresome growers playing with your own. You've already taught me one trick. I'm sure you'll come up with more. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the results. Keep playing atrain.

Looking good, seems like you took the training advice.

The next thing that will happen is you will get uneven growth on the under side. Basically the tops that are exposed will continue to grow in size quickly. The bottom tops will start curving upwards, and or not really develop as quickly. Luckily for you, you have side lighting and you rotate daily. Now you just need to decide if you are going to continue to train or release, and allow there to be controlled stretch.

Don't hesitate to train the tops on the sides, as they will start to grow quickly after LST. The best thing to do would be to train them to resemble a uniform pattern. Imagine an umbrella open lying upside down, now think of the metal skeleton without the cloth. That shape is what you want achieve to allow even bud development from the light above. It may seem trivial but why not go all out the first time, you could always train one plant and play it safe on the others.

Regardless of your choices I wish you the best of luck. BTW Peyton's pineapple chunk is a good example of successful and simple training and LST. The best example is half way down the post on page 63. Results speak for themselves.

Peyton's Pineapple Chunk

I think I'm going to continue to train I was thinking each time one of the other colas reaches the same height as the main I will place a strap on them and try to let others catch up and attempt to keep them all on the same level. Not too worried bout messing them up there will be buds either way.....

125110.jpg

Another example of uniform bud development down the stem.

125310.jpg

In case txt in the picture is not visible, it states that the black line shows the curvature from LST and releasing the main cola. As you can see the surrounding tops are almost equal in size and density, as you traveling down the stems. You do not have to harvest the plant all at once either, you only need harvest what is ready and leave the rest on to fatten up.

125102.jpg

Not as much LST just mainly training on the outer tops.

121216.jpg

The top AK was started at the same time in a smaller container and trained, while the bottom was transplanted, and not trained aside from the outer tops. Notice more uniform bud sites, as well as a greater number.

125410.jpg

I hope this helps and serves as an example and encouragement as we are both growing Royal Queen Autos.

Good color, vigorous growth. Smooth sailing so far atrain. You have lots of future bud sites going there. WooHoo!

Beautiful :D. I have a random bag seed mother that looked eerily like your white widow before doing the bonsai thing, excited to see your progress!

Day 28-

Day 3 of LST , all three are still tied down the widow and haze the shorter branches still haunt caught up but I had to toe down 3 more on the cheese. The day I bent the main over 3 more shot straight up so I contained them in attempt to let the rest do the same. I will leave them tied and continue to tie more until they are all on the same level, I also have began removing a few of the fan leaves from the interior of the plant to expose more of the smaller bud sites to light later on l.got water bubbling now with molasses and Epsom salt for watering in the a.m. no nutes still just letting the MG take it's course.-

20150126_151229.jpg
20150126_151156.jpg
20150126_151140.jpg
20150126_150842-1.jpg
20150126_150819-1.jpg
20150126_150755-1.jpg

Looking perfect I'm so glad you decided to LST. Keep up the good work. Ruderals are fairly vigorous like a weed. Don't be afraid to thin they will bounce back. You could probably get away with a couple fan leaves per day without causing more than a little stress for a few hours if that. Example I harvested the main cola on one of my AK's, let the rest of the plant mature a little more. Today the lower bud sites, we're big enough and mature, so once again I took those tops off and will let the rest continue to mature. I hope this helps and once again inspires you to maximize your yield!

20150127_143651.jpg

20150127_143607.jpg
20150127_143554.jpg
20150127_143541.jpg

Day 29 of grow

Day 4 of LST on the white cheese, just a quick pic update for those who are curious about training autos. Keep in mind this is my first one so I'm kinda winging it and going off YouTube videos, but I can say there are lots of new bud sites since bending that main stem over, they all shot straight up from the middle and if you just scroll back and forth between day 3 and 4 you can see the amount of new tops.I am also currently removing about 2 fan leaves a day from the middle and any that begin covering smaller bud sites and blocking light.

Removing the fan leaves is good in small numbers of course. It signals to the plant that it needs to produce more resin to defend itself against any animals that might be dining on it. All in all very beautiful, I will definitely LST any new autos I get to the max after seeing the explosive growth.

Back
Top Bottom