Auto Guerilla Grow - Scotland

Taking into account that were talking about northern guerilla growing in which Botrytis cinerea is the main reason that people are failing to pull a nice harvest, where do you think best to avoid the spores?

I have zero experience of botrytis, except when it comes to wine, all praise the great green gods, but I was just agreeing that an open southerly facing spot is ideal, preferably on the leeward side of a slope. I guess that would help avoid the spores as well.

I grew a lot of guerilla grows when I lived in Australia and I always had to consciously reverse my thinking and plant on a northerly facing slope, but bud rot was never an issue there as the air was so dry where I grew. The main issue was water and I soon learnt that water is very fucking heavy!

Taking into account that were talking about northern guerilla growing in which Botrytis cinerea is the main reason that people are failing to pull a nice harvest, where do you think best to avoid the spores?

Best results I've seen are on roof top greenhouses in town with super autos. But since that isn't an option I'll try south facing if I get some strains that have some serious mould resistance as I'm not far from Glasgrow....my outdoor grows have been in the borders but he's had better luck than me as I've had nothing for my efforts so far. Or I could just stick some autos out too and hope for the best, again!:grinjoint:

Oh yeah if you can do it in the yard or greenhouse your bound to get better results as you can nip problems in the bud.. ;) there and then. Get yourself a pack of HFH wild whites and Royal Danes. Just make sure they aren't grown anywhere near bloody vine berries.

Have you got a plt sorted yet? What are you feeding n thart?

I got a plot not far from my old ones. Will get out next week to prep it up and gonna move soil from last year's plot and mix in with native soil at new plot. Saves lugging out new bags of compost and also on pennies. Will cover site with fish blood and bone meal and leave for a couple of weeks for it to cook into the soil (hope for some rain). Will feed with bio bizz bloom for entire grow with some black treacle (molassess) and pk 13/14 around half way and towarss the end. Site has a lot of tall grass and pretty much will get sun all day.

Green guy - i grow indoors for around 6 weeks. Last year was done on the windowsill but i now have a wee 15W LED light. On 24/7 with 2 osciallating fans on at least 12 hours a day. After another week or so i'll start to harden off on the balcony until they out 24/7 to get aclimatised and harden off properly.

How come your moving? Security reasons? The amount of close calls I've had with outdoor! I've had people discover my spots whilst I've been tending to em, once I heard two people and a dog panting " It's just through here you've got to crawl through a bit" one of them said, then I started to see a cap appearing through the brush, I just uprooted the one I was looking thinking it needed another couple of weeks at slung it over my shoulder and legged it out the top way (there isn't a top way) tore my arms open on thorns and gorse scrambling through, still got scars on my arms.Yeah kills my knees taking everything to plots, always keeps me in good shape each summer though. Have you used copper tape as a slug repellant on the stalks before? Worth investing in some if not, works a treat and you don't have to keep replacing it like pellets. Sounds a good solid plan there Glasgrow! I'm jelous! I've not got the time this year. Busy prepping some land that were moving onto. First time in 8 years that I've not done one.

There are no security reasons but more for getting ground that hasnt been used before. It is also a little harder to get to and gets more sunlight. Am making one bigger plot rather than 3 individual plots so not having to make several trips around to get to see all my babies. If i had a car then there are loads of places out in the country to grow which i see while out driving for work.

As for copper repellant i did read that someone had no success with that. Seems wierd to have no success with that as i have heard it can be rather effective. You do need to get rid of tall grass that is around the site as slugs can climb up tall grass and use it as a bridge to get over to your plants. Pellets have worked well for me for 2 years and they still do the required job even after rain but if we were to have a good amount of rain either in a day or over a few days i would be back out to re-apply. I dont just use them on the sites i use them sparingly around the outside of the site so acts as 2 lines of defense! They muda f*ckas are no eating my good sh*t, lol. I will also be covering my site with slightly opaque plastic. This stuff is fairly see through and have seen similar stuff used on outdoor greenhouses on farms, this will allow sunlight to penetrate the site while keeping rain off the buds. The sides arent covered to allow adequate airflow and i make holes in the plastic to allow rain to not collate and casue a collapse and for it to still wet the ground. Everything supported from green plastic meshing and bamboo canes. Look at my last outdoor grow for what my site will look like (albeit they smaller than this one). Hoping to get out this coming wed in 3 days to prep it all up so will take me a good 2-3 hours to get it done properly. I may not add the plastic this early on but wait till buds are starting to form.

Having 1 or 2 problems just now. Firstly the kc 45 plants are not autoflowering so have asked one of the moderators on here for advice seen aa he has grown them before. They more a photo plant and can reach heights of 5'+ which isnt a bad thing if it will finish in time, ha ha, little chance. One of the kc 45 plants has shown no signs of recovery (the broken taprooted one). Also found 2 very wilted plants today (should have watered them yesterday but thought i could leave them another day). One is either green poison or dark devil and the other (very wilted) is a chocolate skunk.
20170501_224229.jpg
20170501_224209.jpg
20170501_224213.jpg

Have given all the plants a good watering and the dd or gp has shown recovery signs and is a bit more upright, the chocolate skunk is still wilted so have propped it up so will check it tomorrow. I also gave the plants a quick spray with some water. Am thinking of turning off the lights at night now as they been on constant since they sprouted. Temps are stable between 70-76F but i think the 2 fans are drying out the soil very quickly so will need watered more often. Dont think it a good idea to be turning them off as they will help strengthen the stems. Have turned them off since watering them so it will give the chance for the 2 wilted ones to recover, besides i cant sleep with the fans on. As quiet as they are they still make a noise.

Not much been happening. The wilted plants recovered although the choco skunk os severely wilted at the top but it will pull through. The damaged kc 45 never made it, too much of the root was damaged, didnt think it would make it. Gonna start taking the plants out to harden them off and will start tomorrow. It been a bit windy recently so will need to be careful with placement so they dont get blown over and snap like happened with 1 last year. Hoping in about a weeks time they can be left out 24/7 but we will see.

Couple of pics - my current setup and the revived choco skunk.
20170504_180210.jpg
20170504_180243.jpg

Best of luck to ya, Jock.

I shared a house with a Glaswegian in OZ hundreds of years ago and you guys are fuckn crazy. Respect! No one else could understand him and I had to translate for him. He was hilarious on the phone. He'd always get asked to repeat his name and then spell it and slam the phone down with a 'Fook Orf' when they still failed to understand. :rofl:

I wondered what that strange contraption was. Nice idea. I fucking hate slugs. I used to brew my own beer and used the dregs from the brew in small cups buried to the top lip around my plants and all the slugs and snails would fall in and drown.

Looks like a pretty good idea. Also good that you can grow in a grow bag in your garden in this country. Do you stay in EK by any chance? I used to deliver that way and some houses (actually a lot of them) that way look a bit like the upper part of your place. I have heard that beer is a good deterrent but needs replacing every so often amd i have a lot of plants to tend to this year so beer really isnt an option. I need something that will last longer even through the rain so my choice is pellets. It not everyones cup of tea but has worked well for me. Seen as it guerilla grow then i dont really need to worry about dogs or cats eating them a d with using them for 2-3 months of the year then impact to any other wildlife will be minimal. As i stated last year making the choice of perhaps a few birds dying from eating dead slugs from pellets or having a few jars of decent weed then i choose the latter. It more than likely that any birds will not eat the dead slugs in my plot as the plot will get covered with plastic to help keep the rain off the buds.

Im in morayshire. Got the wilderness on my doorstep. Last year my plant got rained on all the time. It never effected the bud in the slightest. But im sure the plastic has its advantages and disadvantages

Sounds good. Beer traps are meant to be good. I have a bonsai cannabis plant in my greenhouse too. Its coming along well

A bonsai cannabis plant! Sounds interesting. You should post some pics up and perhaps setup a wee grow journal. I have heard of people doing small closet and pc grows before but that does sound like getting a very small amount. It ok if you dont smoke much and are just looking for some personal. I would rather have a variety of different strains and a larger amount to keep me going for quite some time although a small perpetual grow would mean weed all year round. I smoke around 7g-10g per month so am not a heavy smoker but have had to heavily cut back due to random spot tests being introduced into my work. Have to make sure i got 3 clear days (approx 72 hrs) from my last session to when i next in work and follow good oral hygiene. This should ensure that any test i do take is clear. In the proccess of looking for a better paid jon and one that doesnt test so i dont need to worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom