Auto Guerilla Grow - Scotland

Make sure the spots you choose don't have rasberry/ blackberry vines everywhere, Botrytis spores grow on the fruit and float over to your buds. I spent about five hours in the rain ( rain kept spores at bay whilst ripping) lastyear ripping out every vine around my plot. Bending plants down also helps against mould as a great deal more rain dripps off instead of sliding down the sugarleaf into the buds.

Shame you've already transplanted them. Burying them deeper does not always necessitate bigger pots. The stems should be supple enough to stuff them in without breaking them if your hole is wide enough. Obviously, the initial tap root isn't, as you've already seen, but the longer stems should be. Speaking of which, that one looks like it's going to pull through. :thumb:

The holes were wide enough and had already transplanted before i got your post. Will know that for next time i do a grow. I now have an oscillating fan on the plants so plenty of air getting moved around and the plants are moving lightly in the breeze so the stems will strengthen up in time. Got another fan today so gonna do some work to my small grow space so i can get a fan blowing on either side and gonna move the light as high as i can to cover more of the plants as the ones at the edge are not getting enough light.
Looking good.Cant wait to see results.Good luck.

Nice to see more Scottish growers. Im always seeing the weed legalisation issue being talked abt and acted upon in the US but here the issue seems to be static and weeds stuck in the same class as valium etc.

I agree, no movement on weed issues here which is a shame and valium is class c, weed is class b (same as speed). It should be decriminalised or even legalised.

Make sure the spots you choose don't have rasberry/ blackberry vines everywhere, Botrytis spores grow on the fruit and float over to your buds. I spent about five hours in the rain ( rain kept spores at bay whilst ripping) lastyear ripping out every vine around my plot. Bending plants down also helps against mould as a great deal more rain dripps off instead of sliding down the sugarleaf into the buds.

I did not realise that. Have heard that some people grow in blackberry vines for stealth and to stop theives. There are blackberry plants about a half mile away and there trees (forest) between them and my site so it should be ok. I suffered budrot last year but never any botrytis. Not really able to bend plants down (not enough room) but i will be placing a plastic cover over the site which will help keep off the rain from the buds and holes poked through the plastic to allow rain to still reach the ground. The sides will still be open to allow airflow to keep moving.

As promised here is the pic after i had transplanted. Surprisingly the rockwool was still slightly damp so gonna leave all the plants till the weekend before giving them another water as this will allow the roots to grow longer searching for water. No nutes needed as the soil has enough food for approx 4-5 weeks but will probably give them a weak feed after a couple of weeks. Furthermore (if anyone is interested) soil to perlite ratio was 2 parts soil and 1 part perlite.

20170424_232834.jpg

It is good to try different strains. I had someone comment on my lost coast hashplant balcony grow saying the strains i was thinking about growing for this year were no good and that i should be picking strains that are mould resistant. To be honest (i think) no strain is mould resistant hence the reason i grow autos outdoors during the summer to avoid mould problems.

I had to water the plants. The wee one with the broken taproot its rockwool cube was bone dry so decided to give them all approx 100ml of water. Upon further inspection of the runt showed the seed casing still in the rockwool and after carefully prising it off there was no visible root. I placed it back into the cube and will leave it a few more days before seeing how it is doing but i dont think it will make it.

Hello Glasgow,
I've subbed in, I can't stress how much you need to get those autos in larger pots preferably the ones they'd finish in. All this bullshit that a auto doesn't establish a root system is nonsense,
The stress those little lasses go through in each moment from pot to pot no matter how gentle you think completely messes them up growth wise,
And you have to transplant again. My 6th grow now no expert however autos should be put 5mm below you earth mixture in the pot they will Finish in.
Put it this way last grow was blackberry kush same as grow number 4,
Grow 4, 8 autos transplanted with no neuts fully organic in soil yielded 1ounze-1onze 1/2 cured each plant She was rootbound 15L pot Absolutely shit I know
Grow 5, huge pot 450 litre 6 autos no neuts fully organic in soil yielded 2 and a half oz each plant roots as long as my arm, a lot better a hole oz better each plant.
Bigger pots bud don't transplant. .......

Welcome green guy. While i hear what you are saying i am following a similar path to what i did last year but making some ammendments. I dont have the room nor equipment to grow indoors and with a young family i dont intend to until they have either left home or reach an age where they will understand.

As you may not have noted i am growing outdoors in the ground so there is no restriction on roots becoming rootbound other than while i have them at home in small pots. Small pots are used for ease of discretion and for ease of transportation to the site when the weather gets better. I used 2L pots once for my 1st ever outdoor grow and transporting the 4 of them to the site was a nightmare!

I grew 2 autos on my balcony last year in 9-10L pots and they did not become rootbound but did have a fairly sizeable rootball on both of them. They both had 1 transplant from a wee propogator tray straight into final home.

While i am no newb to growing i do not claim to be an expert either and still encounter problems. If i had the room, money and no family i would invest in a grow box (or build one) have a decent 600W HPS and have a NFT hydro system in place thus increasing yields dramitically (worked well for me before and i know a guy on here that can pull over 400g per 1 auto plant, yes, just 1). Would also have intake and output air holes with a carbon filter to reduce the smell.

For me the final product is what i am looking for with minimal time, effort and cash with minimising the risk of getting caught from growing indoors. I would normally spend £60(+) per month on 7g(+) of really good weed so if i have grown it myself then no need to buy and will have enough to last me till i do another grow next year. I will probably spend in the region of £100 on this grow so would need to pull 10g just to cover costs, easily done. Any equipment bought means i dont need to buy it for the following year meaning the only things i would need to buy are seeds, soil (maybe) and plant food (maybe).

That's one of the main reasons for me on my planned grow too. I would definitely rather spend a little bit of money on the tools and save a lot later and getting top quality. ( I hope lol).
Not to mention I will know exactly what's going into the plant as it's a medical grow for me.

Maybe one day soon we won't have to hide growing nature's magnificent plants in Scotland.

It is good to try different strains. I had someone comment on my lost coast hashplant balcony grow saying the strains i was thinking about growing for this year were no good and that i should be picking strains that are mould resistant. To be honest (i think) no strain is mould resistant hence the reason i grow autos outdoors during the summer to avoid mould problems.

I had to water the plants. The wee one with the broken taproot its rockwool cube was bone dry so decided to give them all approx 100ml of water. Upon further inspection of the runt showed the seed casing still in the rockwool and after carefully prising it off there was no visible root. I placed it back into the cube and will leave it a few more days before seeing how it is doing but i dont think it will make it.

Just trying to help you out matey, Ive not got any rep on here as I'm new to the site but I've been growing outdoors in several different patches for 8 years now. I've tried lots of different autos, some of which did...Okish, and I've tried almost every mainstream "early" strain in existence, they all do great in veg but never quite mature like they should. The best results I've had were with Hardy mould resistant "semi autos" bred in Denmark and Canada. They're on the same lattitude as us so the plants do great up here.alAnd they tend to finish mid to late September. Hybrids from hell dude, you won't look back. They've even got a strain Called Scottish. And as far as mould is concerned Botrytis is the name for budrot and trust me Rasberries/ blackberries are your enemy, the spores cultivate like crazy on the berries later in the year and your buds are the perfect breeding ground. Its really hard to find a spot that doesn't have them near but if you can find an south facing open field surrounded by tall grass and nothing else, that's where you'll grow the best stuff.

Not disagreeing with what you have said, just going on what i know and what has worked for me. I like to get a quick turnover before september as september can be hit or miss for weather. Sometimes it can be dry and plenty of sunshine, other times it can be quite damp/wet and cold too. I'd rather my plants were done before sept comes along. I may try hybrids one day but at the moment i am quite happy to be growing autos. Even purplegunrack on here is from denmark (i think) but he had a wet summer last year and lost a good bit of his crop to mould even with mould resistant strains. If you're in a dry country that has plenty of sub and short summer days then photos are the way to go. Wet countries with long summer days then it can only be autos unless you can tend to your crop daily or you grow indoors.

Back
Top Bottom