Auto Issue: Can't Figure it Out

WOLFtick3t

Hello,

One of those fun mystery situations. Hopefully someone will have a guess because I am all out

PXL_20210113_022805032_2.jpg

PXL_20210113_022759884_2.jpg

These are Skittelz and White Cheese auto plants. But it seems to happen with all strains to a greater or lesser extent so I assume it's something I am doing

Indoor tent with LED lights. 27-28 C (80-82 F) and the humidity bounces between 35 and 55, I try to keep it around 50.

Feeding 4 gallons of water to 6 plants every 2-3 days. Standard feed is 20ml A and 20ml B advanced nutrients connoisseur and 10ml calmag. Usually they get DGC Recharge once a week as well.

I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. I feed more, I feed less, water more often, water less often. For the longest time I thought it was overwatering but I pretty much starved one batch and they had the same issues.

Any help at all much appreciated. They still produce good bud but obviously things are not optimized.

Well here goes my 2 cents , those temps are way to high 75-78 max with out co2 supplementation, are you using a ph pen and a ppm(ec) pen when mixing your nutes , what kind of water are using tap water , r.o water , i would say those plants are over feed =tip burn and the ph is off so i think you have a calmag issue also . what are you growing in soil or coco cant tell from the pic , ph for soil is 6.2 and coco is 5.8 , and needs to be feed/watered everyday , you cant over water coco as long as your pots have good drainage witch the cloth pots do - i use them all the time , the issue you are having has nothing to do with fact they are auto`s

Interesting. I'll see if I can lower the temp a bit and elevate the pots.

I use a PH pen but have never used a ppm pen. Tap water.

Growing in soil. I've never watered daily because they take a lot of water in those pots and I was always told to soak them and then leave them until they're pretty dry to avoid overwatering.

Agree it's not anything to do with being autos, just seemed like relevant info.

Are you using a soil such as ProMix HP ? Something at least with good drainage properties ?

If so, I would do a flush and start fresh.

Ph'ed water, your regular amount. Give it twenty minutes or so to drain and repeat, same amount.

Mix up a batch with feed and give that.

I'm using AN Ph perfect Grow/Micro/Bloom and found out the hard way 50% strength is too much for my girl.

Silly question, are you aware A and B advanced nutrients connoisseur comes in a veg and a bloom formula ?

Cheers.

I’m using a bit of a mix. Soil (I forget the name, not pro mix but similar, root something) with a lot of coco and some sand and lots of perilite and clay pebbles. It drains very well.

I am aware, haha, I cut back on the A + B grow and add big bud and another nutrient in flower (I’d have to check the name). I’m not too worried about the nutes because this has worked for me very well in the past. I’m getting the feeling it’s probably the salt build up/lock out thing.

Flush sounds like a great place to start. And I should be flushing the pots before I plant new seeds I imagine. Haven’t really been doing that. I just chuck everything in a big tub, mix and refill the pots with a little new soil added. Seems like a great way to get salt buildup.

Hello , tap water has way to much salt in it for that type of soil , you need r.o. water or distilled , that IS NOT SOIL , that is a hydroponic style of growing medium , any time you see high amounts of coco and clay pebbles in the mix it is a hydro type of mix hence you need to water daily at a 5.8 -6 ph , you cant over water that mix as it drains very fast , regular soil acts as a buffer on the salt to a point but coco and clay pellets sand doesn't do that hence the burn on the plants plus if you have a water softener in the house that also adds a ton of salt plus unwanted ppm tap water never produces a good looking plant in pots , try your next 2-3 waterings with ro water or distilled -same thing and and calmag to them and watch your problems go away , tap water sucks i wont drink it so why would you give it to your plants , i have a r.o. system from the big A here at home (250 bucks ) and believe me if you ever seen what the carbon filters on the system look like after 3 weeks you wouldn't drink that shit either .

If your water is hard use hard water nutrients , its more acidic so your not using a load of ph down
For some reason your plant is eating the (K) from the leaves , i think your ph being high , if you drop to 5.9 with ph water
first semi flush , then a 1/2 strength feed a couple of times , it will pull through and might kick start every thing off again but the leaves are toast ,
normally with a (K) def every things going lovely , branches are growing buds are starting to grow then NOTHING , nothing at all every thing completely stops , that's a hidden hunger from (K) it can happen without showing a def then comes out after a while , its flowering and needs extra (k)but its unavailable , ( that's my thinking ) i could be wrong

We could all be wrong diagnosing this stuff ain’t easy. I think that’s a good guess though. Something to do with PH being off causing a nutrient issue.

I flushed with a ton of plain water at PH 6.1 - nervous about going lower. When they dry out a bit I’ll give them a light feed and hopefully see some improvevent.

Really appreciate the help, everyone.

We could all be wrong diagnosing this stuff ain’t easy. I think that’s a good guess though. Something to do with PH being off causing a nutrient issue.

I flushed with a ton of plain water at PH 6.1 - nervous about going lower. When they dry out a bit I’ll give them a light feed and hopefully see some improvevent.

Really appreciate the help, everyone.

Feed them now. If you wait for them to "dry out a bit" you will be starving them.

The light feed water will simply displace the previous flush water, as it is intended to do.

Cheers.

does the city you live in use chlorine or chloramine , the chlorine evaporates out but chloramine wont , here in cambridge ontario they use chloramine and it sucks,hence the r.o.water system .
Yeah has both in but I use a product called neutralize that gets rid of both instantly. 1 drop per litre. It's basically just concentrated vitamin C.

I was slacking with my Pineapple Express auto and it looks similar but farther along the path to death lol I added some cool bloom to the res yesterday because I to was thinking k deficiency and it’s 0-10-10 and the highest k of anything I have

76E0B1C0-8E07-499E-BE57-E749656E4998.jpeg

ECABC53C-A371-440B-B2FB-2B5BF2C36693.jpeg

Feed them now. If you wait for them to "dry out a bit" you will be starving them.

The light feed water will simply displace the previous flush water, as it is intended to do.

Cheers.
i disagree , you will never flush all those nutes out of that soil mix plus anytime a plant has a ph and nute burn on the leaves means that the roots are in even worse shape , the leaves are the last to show a problem it starts at the roots and ends in the leaves, healthy roots = healthy leaves , those roots wont absorb those nutes any way till they recover themselves witch takes a week or so, flushing a plant that size is got good for it either but it is a necessary evil to fix the mistake in the 1st place , flushing will water log the roots , now it needs time to dry and repair itself , the fan leaves store nutrients in them for the plant to use in times of drought or under watering , flush with pure ph`d water and let it dry for 6-7 days , then feed with a very low dose of nutes , just because humans can move at 100 mph doesn't mean plants can .

i disagree , you will never flush all those nutes out of that soil mix plus anytime a plant has a ph and nute burn on the leaves means that the roots are in even worse shape , the leaves are the last to show a problem it starts at the roots and ends in the leaves, healthy roots = healthy leaves , those roots wont absorb those nutes any way till they recover themselves witch takes a week or so, flushing a plant that size is got good for it either but it is a necessary evil to fix the mistake in the 1st place , flushing will water log the roots , now it needs time to dry and repair itself , the fan leaves store nutrients in them for the plant to use in times of drought or under watering , flush with pure ph`d water and let it dry for 6-7 days , then feed with a very low dose of nutes , just because humans can move at 100 mph doesn't mean plants can .
I disagree :)

That soil mix drains well and will not be "waterlogged".

If, as you say, the roots need time to repair at least when they do the nutrients will be there for it..

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom