Autoflower - Green Crack Trials - Second Attempt With Autos

Morning ALL and happy Thursday,

Battery all charged up and just adding a few pic's showing how she responded to being yanked down. It has been 24 hours and her top is facing back to the light source. It is lower then her other branches but will grow faster then the rest of the plant.

Doing this and weighting the other branch's out horizontal. Their tops will also bend back upward toward the LED. Opening up the inner plant without shocking or stunting her growth. They have so many lower nodes, this exposes them to light and airflow. Instead of getting pop-corn at harvest you will benefit with solid dense nuggets.

Side note to bending them is they will do all they can to find the light source. Years back with an outdoor grow, I had plants placed on milk crates in one gallon starter pots. One somehow got knocked over and was on it's side for 5 days. It grew in between two other plants also curving to find her way upward. It was funnier then all hell looking and stayed that way when placed up right. In one day it's top was facing sun but looked like a cork screw. They have a great way of adapting.

I will let both of them hang out till Sunday as I gave them a good dose of go-go juice earlier. The Humboldt Fem was a little sluggish and sharing the same strength nuit's as the auto. Nipping her top and in the last 2 days has increased her canopy. To the point she has nice crisp folds in her leafs through all of lights on, no drooping.

Also with the pot set-up they are on the dry side even with watering every 3 to 4 days. The upper pot contains her forming root ball and being it is exposed to air flow all around it. With the heat of the grow area also, plus the fact that it MUST drain down into the dry 3 gallon pot. This allows for increased evaporation then if it all bound into one single pot.
Once she fills the first pot she is NOT root-bound as there the 6 inch diameter hole in the bottom. Allows for easy
expanding tap roots.

It is only theory but doing for sometime now allows better control of nuit's by providing more frequent the watering's. So if you do get heavy handed and have to flush, then wait for it to dry out. Losing 7 days of veg time, I mix to 80% of maximum and get to apply it twice as offend. Without any adverse effects or lock-out.

Here is how she looks this morning 24 hours after bend....... the Humboldt Fem is looking GOOD, even this is about Autos!!

YOU CAN SEE THE BEND BUT HER TOP BLENDS RIGHT IN
2017-02-16_007.JPG

2017-02-16_009.JPG

2017-02-16_011.JPG

SIDE BY SIDE WITH HER BUDDY

2017-02-16_010.JPG

Will let them relax for a few days and then start work on lower branches.... see yah on Sunday. Thanks for stopping by and ...Peace.....

:420: .:Namaste:

It's crazy how the bend changes that much so quickly- these plants are amazingly adaptable.

Autoflowers spit out under growth as fast as they add to the top of the plant. These will form into branches with nodes adding to the bulk of the plant. Doing this for 12 hours every other day // 2 or 3 days, gives the lower growth twice the amount of light. There are things that must be understood with these strains. Not that they are hard to grow but knowing what you can and cant do is the secret!!

Non-auto's have 6 to 8 weeks (or more) to develop branches and you can control the veg cycle with a light timer. Holding them in the veg stage almost indefinitely. So an autoflower strain has to do in 7 to 10 days what it takes a regular strain 25 to 30 days to accomplish ~ give or take.

You have no way to slow the veg cycle down.... so instead you need to find ways to double up on the limited internal clock they have built into them. This is important because if you F**k things up and shock them you limit the plant potential, cutting the yield in half as there is no margin for error.

This will just help the productivity allowing the under stuff to grow outward and bulk-up quicker. If you were to grow one doing this and have another one next to it left un-touched. You would really see what a difference this makes.

If you over fertilize a non-autoflower you can flush it out and if it goes dormant for 7 to 10 days while recovering. It is no big deal, just leave it at 18 hours on for two more weeks to make up for it. This does not work with auto's and you lose out big time................ if you get the right formula that the plant can utilize. Your results in 58 to 65 days are equal to a feminized plant pushed to 95 to 110 days.

The plants pictured above, the autoflower on the left is 14 days old. The non-auto on the right was started 12 day before it. That might helps with a comparison in the differences in the auto vs. non-autos department.......

Or you have already started smoking your harvest and are 1/2 way into your second grow while your neighbor is just starting to hang his crop to dry!! ...Peace.....

:420::Namaste:

I think I probably shocked my autos by transplanting them. I think what you are saying is that if they suffer a shock while in veg, they won't grow as big as they normally would have. Is that right?

Hello Pacific......... had life happen and got tied up the last few days. I am not saying transplanting will shock your plants. I just understand it is better to apply things that WONT slow them down in anyway. If I were growing feminized plants I would have no worry about transplanting 3 or 4 times if necessary. If you don't the smaller pot will restrict your plants roots. Making size and yield smaller anyway. I would bet your gain would be better re-planting even if she did take 5 to 7 days to recover. But having 4 or more gallons available from day one whips that all away. Now it is look how much ...instead of look how little.

You can increase veg with them for a whole nother month if YOU wanted to with adjusting a timer. They (auto's) have only so many days, nothing you or the plant can do to change that. So plan ahead and only offer it what will help it utilize every bit of all you are doing, going forward.

If you are careful if transferring, you may slow her down a few days, but by not having to in the first place. You avoid adding troubles by wonder if you should water heavier or less now, or nuit's strengths. Plus all the other things you come up with in your head.

They set the rules a will do fine without you. For something go to wrong requires us!! Errors and patients is what makes you a better grower ....... as your healthy plants grow big and strong, your confidence grows.
...Peace.....

:420::thumb:

Happy Monday All.......

I was away for three day last week and while I was gone the cat got in and knocked over the Autoflower. It was my fault for not making sure the door was closed properly. But the little f'cker is sure glad he has nine life's.... 6 now!!

That was last Wednesday that I found her on her side and roots had some exposure. I packed her back up and gave her plain water PH'ed to 6.3. / 2 cups worth every morning for 3 days straight. She has gotten her crispness back in the leafs but definitely had stopped outward growth. It has been five days and this morning you can tell there was some activity during lights off.

It has taken 5 days of veg time from her and it is what it is. Her bud sites are developing and I am not to concerned with the lost days. I want quality over quantity and learned early on that if you want to get two or three more ounces from your grow. That adding one more plant to the mix is the easiest way to go about it...........

The Humboldt Fem is kicking ass and has been tied down as well. They both have been sharing the same mix of nuit's but will be adding Fox's 3rd of the trio pack to the auto. As her pre-flower days are behind her and the root shock may have sealed the deal on any further veg growth. She is at day 32'ish about half way through her journey. I always say I will write days down and have a calendar for marking things..... but....

Here is there latest pic's as of 12:00 noon today.......

THIS IS THE HUMBOLDT AS SHE JUST GOT PULLED DOWN A BIT MORE

2017-02-28_001.png

THIS IS THE AUTO AND IT DOES NOT DO JUSTICE TO ALL THE BUD SITES SHE HAS ON HER... ABOUT 28 NICE FORMED SITES
2017-02-28_008.JPG

2017-02-20_008a.jpg

2017-02-28_004.png

2017-02-28_007.png

2017-02-28_006.png

2017-02-28_006.png

Losing 5 days of veg is a bitch but as you can see she has REALLY changed the focus to developing her flowers. So I will help her in everyway I can to make sticky milky buds!!!!!

She does have that chocolatey-spicy musk coming on strong now and time will tell.

Will see how she reacts to the Tiger Bloom added with a touch of molasses in her morning watering. If I did not mention it before the molasses does more for the soil as they grow in the first two stages then for the plant itself. It helps feed the bacteria and microbes in the soil that in turn create a lovey playground for the root system. I have heard it said, it helps the bud's get sweeter????...... I have heard a lot of things. I do know the plant produces it's own sugars for energy though photosynthesis, the bacteria eat the molasses for energy. I do it as a soil conditioner and if some of it makes it all the way up there. SO BE IT!! I will try burying M&M's and Reese's Pieces in the soil!!

Thanks for stopping by and will post some pic's by Friday/Saturday. enjoy the week ahead and ...Peace.....

:420: :Namaste:

Happy Wednesday to you All.......

Well she is definitely taking to the Tiger Bloom addition in her feedings. But is showing some signs of deficiency, not all over. Just certain leaves so I upped everything in the mix.... she is using a lot of energy making pistils and inner bud bulk.

The disruption to her root growth from falling over may be contributing to this also. She had a lot of soil fall out of the pot exposing them. So if a good portion was damaged she may be having a hard time getting what she needs. No matter how strong a solution I mix. Like poking a pin hole in a drinking straw. No matter how hard you suck it will only pull up so much fluid. The Humboldt feminized is showing pistils also. Happy with that and she is in full on veg mode.

I am guesting the Auto will finish by the 1st week in April and this will allow the Humboldt the whole grow space. By then she will need it as adjusting the height of the LED for most efficient coverage is getting tuff.

Anyhow I got a few pic's from yesterday and Sunday passed. Check them out.........

2017-03-05_004.png

2017-03-05_019.png

2017-03-05_020.png

2017-03-05_021.png

2017-03-05_022.png

2017-03-08_002.JPG

2017-03-08_003a.jpg

2017-03-08_004a.jpg

2017-03-08_006a.jpg

2017-03-08_008a.jpg

2017-03-08_001a.jpg

When the Auto gets the ax I will keep this opened for the finish of the Humboldt as she will be running until at least mid to end of May. Or about 120 days give or take. I am curios as to how many bud site she will throw up..??? Her up close and very healthy if I may say so...

2017-03-09_001a.jpg

2017-03-09_002a.jpg

Thanks for stopping by and more in a week or so, or unless something major comes along
...Peace.....

:420::Namaste:

Hey All it has been a bit since last post and she had meet the ax two days ago. I would guest to say others would not be impressed with the yield. I am building info on Auto's and yes yield is important, the amount of the info is what will increase the yields down the road. I accept this trade off as my goal is to be able to produce 2 to 3 Auto per year per person. That is in need for a secure and reliable supply of MMJ. They cover the seed cost and if I get 3 to 4 persons involved. This means 5 plants working at the same cycle @ a 20 X 20 foot square room. 4 600 Watt LED's as light source is projected.

As they are harvestable in 70 days to be realistic allowing a two week purging flush cycle. As you can really juice them up. You don't need massive branch breaking yields. Just high quality, very potent medical grade nuggets. The faster turn over assures a steady and reliable supply. This is not a recreation venture in any way. In fact the potency and hybridizing of the strains that are available today. Compared to what I was smoking back in my youth, and that was completely recreational. I really don't like, I mean by sitting down a firing up a whole joint by myself. I have back issues that involve sciatic nerve issues. After 12 hours on my feet if I sit down my back locks up. Spasms and knotting I can barely straighten up, or sleep. I found 3 to 4 MINOR dosages over a 4 hour period allows me to get out of a chair, take a shower and move around with out pain or limits.

There is nothing recreational about it, BUT upping the dose a little. With Stevie Ray Vaughn or Floyd and the headphones every now and then is very cool!! Main point is NO BIG PHARMA involved, it is as basic as growing your own tomato garden. I get relief and can still run a chain saw, operate a motor vehicle. As I am not getting stoned.

I know what the increase in the electric bill will be so seeds, cost of nuit's and the electric increase. Divided by 4 clients is what I would ask for / receive back in money charges. I would leave the option for any additional cash to each person involved. If I was still drinking I would take a case of beer of a liter of rum. That kind of shit, but not looking to charge. as I am a client myself. Also buying nuit's in bulk gallons instead of quarts is MUCH CHEAPER.
The bottom line is I can produce enough MMJ to last an entire year for under or around $200.00 dollars. I don't needed a doctor, Oxy's or Xanax. So after the lighting investment it is around 16 to 20 bucks a month, compared to 40 dollars for a dispensary quarter oz. Then add the $150 to ++++ that the Doctor requires to make it "legal"!!

I do know that her having the root ball exposed and disrupted. Took 2 weeks of veg time from her, this is about 2 MONTHS if it where a regular strain. Also she could not handle amped up nuit mixtures because of only having 1/2 of a complete root system. Further reducing or limiting her output.
So I did YIELD a shit ton from this plant in more ways then one...........

The Humboldt Fem freebie seed is exploding and happy to see the Auto go!! I have a 5 foot square set aside for the enclose and the LED is rated to a 4 x 4 radius. So it was getting tight in there with the both of them together.

This are the last pic's of her before cutting at her final flush. A word on that is I would check the PH of her run out feeds. I would always check PH and set to 6.3 / 6.25 balls on point before feeding. Even plain water was set to this PH. All the run out would be from 5.9 to 5.65 PH all the time. I am using soil and there is a lot of sphagnum in my mix which is said to make your soil more acidic as it decays and is broken down.
I add this as something to view when you are flushing for harvest or the final 3 weeks. I flooded her with water straight from the tap. My faucet water is ranging from 7.6 to 7.2 any day of the week. It took 8 gallons of water over 4 hours to get the run out to be 6.7 PH.
I let her drain and left her to dry out for 7 days. I gave her 1/2 gallon of water on day 8 set to 8.5 PH and did this again every 4 day for 2 more treatments. The run out registered 7.6 to 7.4 which is what I wanted, more toward 8 would have been better.

It almost assures, guaranties to lock out any nuit's left in the soil after flushing. The last 3 weeks to chopping she gets all the water she needs but is forced to ripen up so-to-say. Purging her of the salts and metals you forced down her throat. It is something that friends of mine applied to the commercial grows they where involved with out in Cali and Colo. In the high tunnels they where using 30 & 40 gallon fiber pots with 30 plants per tunnel. The amounts of water to flush them would have been enormous. So by adding Baking Soda to 5 gallon buckets of water bringing the PH to 8.5 this would cause lock out on purpose. The roots cant absorb them over 7.8 and this done over a two week period help the plants purge themselves. Some thing to think about if you do PH your solutions and understand why and how the levels the PH is at affects your plants. and a neat tip!!

PIC"S .........

2017-03-26_013-rotate.png

2017-03-26_008-50.png

2017-03-26_008-25per.png

2017-03-26_007.png

2017-03-26_005-75.png

2017-03-26_005-150.png

THIS IS THE HUMBOLDT, THE AUTO IS CHOPPED AND DRYING. I WILL POST PIC'S OF HER IN A WEEK. I WILL KEEP THIS THREAD OPEN TO SHE THE FEMS PROGRESS EVEN THOUGH IT WAS INTENDED TO BE ABOUT AUTOS. SHE IS DEVELOPING UNDER THE SAME LED SOURCE AND IT MAY HELP SOMEONE DOWN THE ROAD.ALSO TO START A NEW THREAD IN THE MIDDLE IS STUPID

2017-03-26_004-fem.png

2017-03-26_017-fem.png

JUST STARTING PRE-FLOWER

2017-03-26_017-fem1.png

Thanks for following along and I am looking forward to the next grow. I would say I am very impatient or more like can get board quickly with somethings. This lead to me making a shit ton of mistakes early on in growing. Over watering or poisoning them the nuit's where so strong. That lead to over flushing, root rot and fungus issues.

The addition of the Ruderalis in the crossing of the Auto strains allows for a great challenge. Being able to have 3 or 4 complete grows in the same time one feminized plant requires. In 2 or 3 "seasons" you can have light, nuit's and training growth control down to an exact science. Plus the turn around of 3 different species you lessen the chance of growing use to the dose, or having to increase it.

THANKS TO THOSE WHO FOLLOWED AND ADDED ANY INFO..... MORE ON THE WAY AS I AM STILL GROWING MYSELF
...PEACE :Namaste:.....

:420:

YES I WOULD... I have never used LED before this grow. Also my last seven years has been only feminized plants. This is my 2nd Autoflower in 1+ years time. This is a first with LED's for me with any plants.
I was using a 400W CFL source for the last 6 to 8 hours of veg in my last grows. I was able to put them out in the morning in an enclosed glass patio. So they had that for the first 12 hours.

I am happy as shit with the results but I heard mention that the addition of a HPS bulb. Will help tighten the buds up in the last 4 to 6 wks. As the LED's with both VEG and FLOWER switches on are FULL Spectrum but you don't need that "power" being used by the LED's needed for the veg. This was mentioned a while back in another post here.
Even turning the VEG switch off does not re-direct the power the "veg" LEDS where using to the BLOOM switch.

It was not a bad slap to LED's but more like it did such a great job. Getting them to develop big and healthy so the added intensity it provides. Will make sure she will pack here flowers tight. Am-is-On had them marked down around New Years and I grabbed the 600W output one. I have it hanging over a 5X5 sq.

She has 2 more hours till lights on I will snatch a pic or 2. She is really starting to produce flowers, just in the last 7 days..........

:420: :thumb:

JUST A QUICK UPLOAD FOR TODAY. THE SATIVA IS REALLY COMING OUT IN HER. IF YOU LOOK AT HER FROM HER EARLY DAYS. SHE HAD FAT SQUAT INDICA SHAPED LEAVES....... anywho here she is:

2017-04-13_003.JPG

2017-04-13_004.JPG

2017-04-13_005.JPG

2017-04-13_006png.png

2017-04-13_006apng.png

2017-04-13_008.JPG

2017-04-13_008png.png

More TO COME....thanks and ...Peace.....

:420:
:Namaste:

I have some HSO Green Crack , I hope mine turns out just as nice as yours. Yours looks incredible, nice job. Also curious about the Auto Green Crack too that might be something I may want to try later on. What smells & taste did you get from the HSO Green Crack and the Auto Green Crack ? Thanks

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom