Organic 12/12 Light Schedule Indoor Experiment

Watsup buddy .. I got it written on the pot haha ! They have grown a decent amount , will update again 2morow :) how's your grow going my man ?

Watsup buddy .. I got it written on the pot haha ! They have grown a decent amount , will update again 2morow :) how's your grow going my man ?

Ok, just wanted to make sure you had thought of that! Sometimes those tiniest of details get overlooked and then we are left scratching our heads.

My grow is going well, they survived my trip out of town with only a little bit of water stress (trip was one day longer than the normal watering cycle) but they have all seemed to have bounced back nicely. Thanks for asking Lion! Should be harvesting 3 of the plants this week at some point.

Ok, just wanted to make sure you had thought of that! Sometimes those tiniest of details get overlooked and then we are left scratching our heads.

My grow is going well, they survived my trip out of town with only a little bit of water stress (trip was one day longer than the normal watering cycle) but they have all seemed to have bounced back nicely. Thanks for asking Lion! Should be harvesting 3 of the plants this week at some point.
Great stuff buddy !!
Please keep me updated. Feel free to post a couple pics haha would like to check it out

Great stuff buddy !!
Please keep me updated. Feel free to post a couple pics haha would like to check it out

Since you asked! LOL
20170716_153249.jpg

20170716_153305.jpg

20170716_153317.jpg

20170716_153439.jpg

20170716_153536.jpg

The girls are looking great and should actually start flowering anytime now .. Just a waiting game I guess !
Any ideas to help kick it into flowering as it's been 12/12 it's whole life.

Sour Grape (32 days old)
420-magazine-mobile1227489481.jpg

420-magazine-mobile993246903.jpg

Green Goblin (32days old)
420-magazine-mobile448366425.jpg

420-magazine-mobile382595119.jpg

Og kush and Sour Grape (27 days old)
420-magazine-mobile1273385174.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1150884439.jpg

hmmmm....I don't know. I have never heard of anyone running photos at 12/12 their whole life so I can't begin to tell you what it will take to trigger them to flower. They may need a shift in the ratio of light to trigger the change. Perhaps change to an 11/13 schedule and see if it does it. I only offer this advice based on the fact reduced light is what triggers a photo to change. If you have never changed it....it might not know its supposed to flower. Food for thought.

Ive run photos 12/12 from seed and they started flowering when they hit sexual maturity around 4-5 weeks from seed.

Well there you go!! I should have referred you to PW in the first place LOL. Thanks for clarifying that PW....honestly that was going to be my second guess, sexual maturity. I thought maybe light ratio would have been the first cause.

The plants have changed allot in the last week :) I gave them their first full dose feed two days ago and looks like it kicked them into gear haha !
Happy to say the 2 older plants have started to flower (1 x Sour Grape + 1 x Green Goblin) .. When I saw the white hairs this morning I about jumped out my clothes haha.. Its been awhile since my last grow thats why im pretty much going all out. Iv got these photos and 4 autos going indoor + I have a guerilla grow with 6 babies in the wild :) its been too long, my greenthumbs been itching !
Will post an update on the babies 2morow, so happy my Green Goblins a girl (had my doubts).

Question: how far up from the top of your canopy do you keep your lights,
I have a kind led 750 in a 4x6 Grow space. Keep the light about 12 to 18" away. Have the light on a mover since the footprint is fairly small, was wondering if I raise it to 2 or 3 feet away to get better coverage if It would be beneficial or if it's better to keep it close. I'm already 7 weeks into flower. Have really nice tight buds but they are fairly small, decent size but small. Would raising the light help buds stretch at all like they help branches stretch earlier on??
420-magazine-mobile865884936.jpg
420-magazine-mobile155428086.jpg
420-magazine-mobile627154379.jpg

I see people with these buds the size of my arm using LEDs, wondering how to achieve this, maybe I need more light? I would think a kind 750 would be plenty, draws 450 watts.

It's not your lights buddy .. Don't stress !
There are allot of different factors such as strain , grow medium, light , feed etc.
Do some research on growing in coco or if you not keen on that just growing big buds in general.
Choose a strain that suites the nature of your grow (BIG BUDS) by the sound of it haha !
And bobs your uncle haha :)

It's not your lights buddy .. Don't stress !
There are allot of different factors such as strain , grow medium, light , feed etc.
Do some research on growing in coco or if you not keen on that just growing big buds in general.
Choose a strain that suites the nature of your grow (BIG BUDS) by the sound of it haha !
And bobs your uncle haha :)
Yea was thinking it may just be the strain. My green cracks have smaller buds, the carmelicious buds are twice the size. Gonna experiment with a couple different strains with the exact same setup and see how they do. Got a pineapple chunk and a kushberry on deck

Back
Top Bottom