BackLip Is Back With Green Crack & Sour Jack

Update:

I couldn’t wait any longer, I needed to get the show on the road. I need to get this tent ripped out of this room as soon as possible. I need to get that room ready for my daughters new bedroom. Her new bed arrived yesterday, and she hasn’t left me alone since. “Daddy, can you build it now, PLEASE!!” We have no room for it until that room gets cleaned up.

So I harvested two plants last night. The Green Crack, and the green crack clone. I didn’t even look at the trichs I just went for it. Jumped in, head first ankles deep! (Actually, I think that’s the same reason why my wife is pregnant) :hmmmm:

I left the Sour Jack, and will check her trichomes tonight. She’s clearly (by eye) not finished, but she’s damn close.

Part of the Hexline branch on the GC started fox tailing. It’s weird that the lowest branch on the GC grew a fox tail... on the only double cola branch on the plant.

For anyone that doesn’t know what a fox tail is, it is.. (as per royal queen seeds .com)

The pot plant features calyces, which are a potential spot for seeds to develop. Particularly for female plants, calyces grow in groups during the period of maturation when they soak up light. This presents an opportunity for foxtails to show up. Foxtails are essentially a bunch of calyces stacked on top of each other to comprise an oddly-shaped bud formation.

Buds that foxtail are not exactly detrimental, but they are not exactly beneficial either. The most glaring setback is that it breaks up the structure of the herb. Instead of growing into a rounder shape, it tends to sprout out in a more elongated way, ultimately leaving less of the plant for you to use. In addition, this process is a common indication that your plants are not properly ripening.

“Bad” foxtailing involves the occurrence of foxtails due to heat and/or light stress. This often manifests in calyces that form spires and make the bud look quite odd.

However, foxtailing is not always an abnormality. There are certain cannabis varieties that feature naturally-occurring foxtails, like in some Purple strains, or the Cole Train strain. This process is more common among sativa plants, specifically buds that were grown in tropical regions such as Colombia or Thailand.

The first type of foxtailing deals with genetics. Some buds are genetically predisposed to this process. The foxtail on these kinds of herbs is more uniform and predominant throughout the plant.

This is considered “good foxtailing” since it is already in the bud’s nature. The process will inevitably take place, no matter what growing techniques are used. It is also worth noting that buds that undergo genetic foxtailing tend to have a higher THC content.

Another type of foxtailing is caused by heat or light stress. This process usually happens to those that grow their buds indoors. Plants that are placed too close to an LED or high-powered HPS light are at the highest risk.

Unlike genetic foxtailing, which is considered “good,” this kind is the opposite. In this circumstance, the foxtailing reaction indicates that the grower must move lights further away from plants or reduce daily light exposure. Foxtails forming from light overexposure do not display much damage, but in reality, chances of the herb losing potency after repeat light stress are high.

A while ago, I lowered my light down a few inches as it was around 2’ above the plants, lowered it to around 18” and I set it, and forget it. I’m thinking that’s what caused this fox tail... I mean it’s the only part on all the plants that fox tailed, and it was the lowest part of the plant, (furthest away from the light). It was also the mutant cola as well... could it be genetics..? :hmmmm:

that’s all for this update, hope you all have a great Friday! I’m thinking about chancing it and going back to work on Monday... idk though... to think I’ve got 1day on my next pay check (next Friday) is scary...:nervous-guy:
Anyways, have a great day everyone!!
:passitleft:

Update:

I couldn’t wait any longer, I needed to get the show on the road. I need to get this tent ripped out of this room as soon as possible. I need to get that room ready for my daughters new bedroom. Her new bed arrived yesterday, and she hasn’t left me alone since. “Daddy, can you build it now, PLEASE!!” We have no room for it until that room gets cleaned up.

So I harvested two plants last night. The Green Crack, and the green crack clone. I didn’t even look at the trichs I just went for it. Jumped in, head first ankles deep! (Actually, I think that’s the same reason why my wife is pregnant) :hmmmm:

I left the Sour Jack, and will check her trichomes tonight. She’s clearly (by eye) not finished, but she’s damn close.

Part of the Hexline branch on the GC started fox tailing. It’s weird that the lowest branch on the GC grew a fox tail... on the only double cola branch on the plant.

For anyone that doesn’t know what a fox tail is, it is.. (as per royal queen seeds .com)

The pot plant features calyces, which are a potential spot for seeds to develop. Particularly for female plants, calyces grow in groups during the period of maturation when they soak up light. This presents an opportunity for foxtails to show up. Foxtails are essentially a bunch of calyces stacked on top of each other to comprise an oddly-shaped bud formation.

Buds that foxtail are not exactly detrimental, but they are not exactly beneficial either. The most glaring setback is that it breaks up the structure of the herb. Instead of growing into a rounder shape, it tends to sprout out in a more elongated way, ultimately leaving less of the plant for you to use. In addition, this process is a common indication that your plants are not properly ripening.

“Bad” foxtailing involves the occurrence of foxtails due to heat and/or light stress. This often manifests in calyces that form spires and make the bud look quite odd.

However, foxtailing is not always an abnormality. There are certain cannabis varieties that feature naturally-occurring foxtails, like in some Purple strains, or the Cole Train strain. This process is more common among sativa plants, specifically buds that were grown in tropical regions such as Colombia or Thailand.

The first type of foxtailing deals with genetics. Some buds are genetically predisposed to this process. The foxtail on these kinds of herbs is more uniform and predominant throughout the plant.

This is considered “good foxtailing” since it is already in the bud’s nature. The process will inevitably take place, no matter what growing techniques are used. It is also worth noting that buds that undergo genetic foxtailing tend to have a higher THC content.

Another type of foxtailing is caused by heat or light stress. This process usually happens to those that grow their buds indoors. Plants that are placed too close to an LED or high-powered HPS light are at the highest risk.

Unlike genetic foxtailing, which is considered “good,” this kind is the opposite. In this circumstance, the foxtailing reaction indicates that the grower must move lights further away from plants or reduce daily light exposure. Foxtails forming from light overexposure do not display much damage, but in reality, chances of the herb losing potency after repeat light stress are high.

A while ago, I lowered my light down a few inches as it was around 2’ above the plants, lowered it to around 18” and I set it, and forget it. I’m thinking that’s what caused this fox tail... I mean it’s the only part on all the plants that fox tailed, and it was the lowest part of the plant, (furthest away from the light). It was also the mutant cola as well... could it be genetics..? :hmmmm:

that’s all for this update, hope you all have a great Friday! I’m thinking about chancing it and going back to work on Monday... idk though... to think I’ve got 1day on my next pay check (next Friday) is scary...:nervous-guy:

Thanks for the post and all the great pictures :passitleft:

Congrats on the win BL. You are rockin' it brother. Sorry not around much. Cant type much at a time take care. Keep on keepin' on. :Namaste:
Thank you so much CNB! Means a lot sir!! It’s good to see you, I don’t need some big comment out of ya! Just seeing your name pop up in my news feed brightens my day!! You take care of your self as well, and hope that doctor of yours gets back to you soon!!

Looks awesome! Great job!!
Thanks momma K!! I’ll have to seee what you got cookin up here one of these days, I see you’ve got like three active journals?

A dad's gotta do what a dad's gotta do! Congrats on the harvests...time to tear down the tent and build the bed. :thumb:
Hahaha I’ve been thinking about getting some crap out of the room just today. I still have the sour Jack in the tent, so unfortunately (for my daughter) she will have to wait another week yet or so till I get it finished. (You should have saw the attitude I got from her after I told her that)

Thanks shed!! Good to see you sir!!

Bit of an update:

I recieved my light from @NextLight today, super fast shipping! I’m impressed wow!! Thank you next light!!

And Thank you guys so much for the votes in making this possible!! I’m excited to get it going!!

96830EF0-1EC2-4177-9BD7-2A4DAD8C22EB.jpeg

48BE850F-DF90-43F8-965E-99EF33F09BD1.jpeg

Update:

I read your update. I don't get the actual "tail" but I get the same look with the odd seed pods... curious if it's the same thing? Thanks for the read

Update:

Quick photo dump of the Sour Jack. She got a top up of straight water. Just enough to give her some moisture. I think I’m going to harvest her tomorrow. I need to get this grow finished. After I got the photos, the SJ went back into the tent, and I cleaned everything out of the room. The only thing that’s in the room, is the tent, and two boxes for my exhaust fan to sit on. Oh I guess two hanging plants as well. I moved the grow box downstairs.

this last picture is of the hanging plants. I wanted to use it as an example, (for new growers) of the difference between a topped plant, and an un-topped plant.
Thanks for reading everyone!! Have a great night!!!

I read your update. I don't get the actual "tail" but I get the same look with the odd seed pods... curious if it's the same thing? Thanks for the read
It could be, hard to say without pictures. If you’ve got one handy, post it in here no problem! :cheesygrinsmiley: Your question may get answered Earlier then if you wait for me to get to your journal and all caught up.

Update:

It was go time! I ok inspected the Sour Jack, and decided to let the plant go a bit longer. She seems to be really filling out and pushing out new pitsils in parts I like to see get new pistils... so she will probably get another feeding of MC tonight. Probably a gallon with 6.0 grams of MC!

But I’m running out of time, I want the tent out. I decided last night, I’m going to do what I need to do to get it out today. I did just that!

Cut the entire tent in half dismantled the frame and moved the bitch downstairs. Taped it all back together! Lol I love tuck tape! :cheesygrinsmiley:

My phone says I did 7,277 steps, walked 4.7 km (2.92 miles) and climbed 31 floors today. The days not over but The old grow room is empty. Ready for the walls to be wiped down, then paint... :smokin: [as I sit down] ahh, I get to that later!

Glad that’s done!!

stay tuned everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom