Backpackin's Multi Strain Grow - Darkstar - Lucy - White Rhino

Backpackin420

Hey guys whats up? Sorry that I kinda fell off with my last grow journal, but I still have been busy in the growing scene. I have a grow that is currently on week 7 (roughly) in my flower tent and it consists of Cookies, Darkstar, Super Skunk, Critical Kush, & Akorn aka "SnowBud".

In my veg room I have some more Darkstar, Barney's farm Lucy, & White Rhino. These guys are still little seedlings and I actually made a makeshift flood and drain table out of stuff that I have had laying around the house Lol! Ill post some pic's of them up in a bit.

My plans for this journal are to include the finishing up of my flower tent along with my current plants in veg. Then ill finish the journal with harvesting the plants currently in veg.

I think I noted in my cherry pie journal that I started using Advanced Nutrients. I like the A.N line but I feel that there are just way too many bottles and its all split up just to make the company money. I have been doing some research and I am going to go with Dyna-Gro since my A.N nutes are almost used up. Just need to harvest this current crop before I can pick some up. I think this is going to save me a ton of money and have heard nothing but good things about dyna-gro.

Now to the fun part here are some pic's!

31409.jpg

12075.jpg

Roots are just bursting out of the blocks this go around. Roots are stained a bit from nutes and continue to keep growing bigger regardless of nothing around them lol
21596.jpg

Here is a pic of my Darkstar (This stuff smells amazing) hence the reason I am going with it again this next grow
5854.jpg

Here is a pic of the Critical Kush (seed) I ended up with two pheno's I will post a pic of the other one later
6747.jpg

Here are the little seedlings that are in my new homemade flood/drain because I got tired of hand watering rockwool blocks
20140103_0020501.jpg
20140103_0020591.jpg

My other pheno of critical kush that is not shown in the pic is finishing quite faster. Here is a pic of one of the cola's that I took a little early to sample. It is currently drying

20140104_172844.jpg

Thanks for any feedback guys and I will keep this journal going with constant updates. Look forward to catching up on some journals now that the holiday busy season has slown down and connecting with some friends at 420mag. Thanks guys!

re: Backpackin's Multi Strain Grow (Darkstar, Lucy, White Rhino)

subbed :thumb:
so is your old journal dead?

subbed :thumb:
so is your old journal dead?

Yhea that grow has been completed. Was not sure If I should have just changed the name of the journal and kept it going or not. How do you go about handling your journals when you start a new grow? Do you keep the same journal and edit it or start a new one?

right now im just perpetual so im staying in the same one if your old journal is done just hit the report thing and tell them the journal is complete and they'll move it
and you already have your new one so :thumb:

right now im just perpetual so im staying in the same one if your old journal is done just hit the report thing and tell them the journal is complete and they'll move it
and you already have your new one so :thumb:

Sounds good man thanks!

Sub'd!

I'm still so jealous of the automated setup. Looks like the veg table turned out great too. Can't wait to see how this one goes for ya! :)

:popcorn:

Thanks bubbles. You got a nice set up yourself too! I wish I had more room at my house to expand into bigger tents and have more control. Living in an apartment sucks cant wait to buy my own home.

It's the not size that counts it's how you use it! Lmao :)

It's the not size that counts it's how you use it! Lmao :)

Lol. I pack 8 plants in my little tent and I have my 1000w ballast set up super lumens. Even with this cold weather the temp is only reaching 73 with the light on! I have noticed a little bit of light bleaching on the tips of some of my buds but only on 2 of my strains. I cant raise my light any higher and they are like 6 inches from it. thats what sucks about having the hydro table in there it takes away a bunch of headroom.

I wonder if I could get a bigger harvest running less plants like 4 or 6 and super crop them more. kinda like what your doing. I still super crop my plants but just to help even out the cannopy not really to help spread the plant out.

One thing I have noticed since I started growing with seeds is that the plants stems are super sturdy. When I was growing the clones before I had to tie up my branches because the nugs would fall over. So far this grow all from seed except my two cookies and I dont have to tie up any of the huge colas except the cookies which keep falling over and they are not even big. I think the cookie strain I got is bunk genetics or something because they are super small and dont produce anything like my other plants. Good looking buds on them thoe

Ask any lady What SDM stands for. LOL

Happy Munchday Bp :thumb:

I picked up a high CBD strain that this guy's medical co-op has developing for 2 years or so for 20 bucks it is pretty much a teen plant. He says that it has been tested and has Low THC about 1% with like 16% CBD or something. He did not breed the strain himself so he could not give me specific's about the plant only that it contains Harlequin. By looking at it I can tell it is obviously sativa dominant . Once it gets a little bigger I am going to take some clones and grow it out and have it tested and tell if he is telling the truth lol. Would be nice to have a high CBD strain in my arsenal to help. Ill post a picture of it up in a bit.

I feel like high CBD's are the future of medicinal cannabis. A lot of the popular high CBD strains like Harlequin are already selling out on quite a few seed banks and the price on these strains has increased significantly. Once all the medicinal values of these strains are well known it will be impossible to find them at affordable prices. Just look at charlottes web. Good luck finding that strain anywhere.

Im trying to experiment with different CBD ratios and stock up on different varieties while I still can. I have family members with Bi Polar, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Anxiety, and Cancer. Im running 3 different CBD strains currently. I have CBD Crew Critical Mass (5%CBD5%THC), Medicann Blue Blood (15%THC10%CBD), Medicann Bubba Kush (15%THC3%CBC. Based on what I've read the 1:1 ratio should be for chronic illnesses like lupus, arthritis, etc. The 2:1 THC/CBD would be most effective against cancer. The 3:1 THC/CBD would be good for mental diseases. At least that's my best guess. I learned a lot from cbdproject.org but there's still a lot of conflicting information out there.

I've never come across a strain with a really high CBD and really low THC. I'm curious to the benefits of that ratio. Any ideas yourself?

Really looking forward to this one :)

Back
Top Bottom