Backpackin's Multi Strain Grow - Darkstar - Lucy - White Rhino

Re: Backpackin's Multi Strain Grow (Darkstar, Lucy, White Rhino)

Happy Skunkday Bp :thumb:

Harvest my two GSC, 1 Critical Kush and my Darkstar plants over the past two days. Will have to take some pictures and upload them. Re-arranged the grow tent plants to provide better light coverage and everything is coming along well. Still have 1 critical kush left growing, 1 akorn, and two super skunks which by the looks of it are going to be 10 week strains still full of white pistils and getting bigger (was supposed to be a 8 week strain I thought).

Ill upload some pics tommarow for you guys to check out. The seedlings have also shown some explosive growth aswell.

Happy Growing guys!

Cant wait for them pics Happy Munchday Bp :thumb:

Congrats BP

what happened to the pics?
Happy Weednsday Bp :thumb:

Had some stuff come up last night and was away from the computer =( I got some pic's coming today I promise lol! Good Weedsday to you too Cronic!

Looking forward to the pics! :)

Here are some pic's, will upload some more tonight of the plants still in the flowering tent right before the light comes on!

Here are the seedlings making some new growth and the CBD plant (supposedly)

20140115_121003.jpg
20140115_121009.jpg
20140115_121017.jpg
20140115_121023.jpg
20140115_121028.jpg
20140115_121033.jpg
20140115_121043.jpg

Some Critical Kush drying

20140114_171311.jpg

20140111_110359.jpg

Untitled-184.jpg

Pic of the Darkstar

20140114_171218.jpg
20140114_171230.jpg

Thanks

Welcome! Just looked over your vegetable garden journal and noticed you grew up in Vancouver area, in Camas myself. Wish you were still around because I'm a big time fisherman myself lol! I need to get my lazy ass out there after some Winter Steelhead

I was born in Vancouver and raised in La Center right on the East Fork of the Lewis.

Fishing on the east side is way different that what I'm used to. Before I'd limit out nearly every time. By the time the steelies get over here their flesh is all pale even if the scales are still "bright". The last two didn't even smoke well (in my Big Chief, not bong).

:Namaste:

I was born in Vancouver and raised in La Center right on the East Fork of the Lewis.

Fishing on the east side is way different that what I'm used to. Before I'd limit out nearly every time. By the time the steelies get over here their flesh is all pale even if the scales are still "bright". The last two didn't even smoke well (in my Big Chief, not bong).

:Namaste:

Damn that sucks man =(

Critical Kush was dried out Total for 1 plant 70 grams not to bad. Only had about 4 Colas too.

My GSC plants (2 of them) was actually pathetic! Not even 1 ounce cant believe that strain wasted two spots in my grow tent.
It was probably due to some crappy genetics. Looked like GSC, grew like GSC was supposed to, but just did not produce for anything.

Darkstar is still on the drying rack and I got 4 more plants still in flower with some huge cola's. I was supposed to take some pic's last night but fell asleep on the couch and when I woke up the light was already on bah! Ill try again tonight lol

Congrats on the harvest buddy!

Sounds like the GSC confirmed the reports of low yields for this strain.

Don't take this the wrong way but do you ever wonder if it was due to grower error vs strain?

I hear a lot of guys on here knock really good strains when they get bad results. While I'm sure there are some strains that just aren't that great I also feel like the majority of seed banks are trying to provide the best possible strains. I mean they spend thousands of dollars to market it. Why would they waste that on a strain they don't feel is excellent? I know some companies provide low quality seeds that have low germination rates and high hermie rates but very few that are selling bad strains.

I think it comes down to how easy or difficult a particular strain is to grow. There are thousands of different stains. Each thriving in different environments and nutrients. In my own personal grow I'm running 12 strains. Some are very easy to grow and some are difficult. The difficult ones don't turn out very well some times and it makes me wonder if it's a bad strain. The easy ones turn out amazing every time but that doesn't necessarily make them better. On the contrary many of the most difficult strains to grow are the best in the world.

Given the fact that I'm a relatively inexperienced grower I aways believe it's my own error. I have yet to give up a single strain because I'm not confident whether it's me messing up an amazing strain or it's a mediocre strain. It could just be because I'm stubborn :)

Sorry for the rant. Ive heard a lot of good things about GSC and I'd hate to see you throw it out because it needed a little extra K or something lol

Either way your still an amazing grower :Namaste:

Happy Thurweed day Bp :thumb:

Congrats on the harvest buddy!

Sounds like the GSC confirmed the reports of low yields for this strain.

Don't take this the wrong way but do you ever wonder if it was due to grower error vs strain?

I hear a lot of guys on here knock really good strains when they get bad results. While I'm sure there are some strains that just aren't that great I also feel like the majority of seed banks are trying to provide the best possible strains. I mean they spend thousands of dollars to market it. Why would they waste that on a strain they don't feel is excellent? I know some companies provide low quality seeds that have low germination rates and high hermie rates but very few that are selling bad strains.

I think it comes down to how easy or difficult a particular strain is to grow. There are thousands of different stains. Each thriving in different environments and nutrients. In my own personal grow I'm running 12 strains. Some are very easy to grow and some are difficult. The difficult ones don't turn out very well some times and it makes me wonder if it's a bad strain. The easy ones turn out amazing every time but that doesn't necessarily make them better. On the contrary many of the most difficult strains to grow are the best in the world.

Given the fact that I'm a relatively inexperienced grower I aways believe it's my own error. I have yet to give up a single strain because I'm not confident whether it's me messing up an amazing strain or it's a mediocre strain. It could just be because I'm stubborn :)

Sorry for the rant. Ive heard a lot of good things about GSC and I'd hate to see you throw it out because it needed a little extra K or something lol

Either way your still an amazing grower :Namaste:

I hear ya man about the whole user error thing and all the different strains and how they react to different growing styles (I totally agree with this). The GSC strain that I have was a clone that I got from another person and who know's what that person did to the plant or the people before him. The bud itself turned out top notch, but the yield itself is what I was complaining about. I am sure that if I kept growing it and understanding its exact needs that It would be a good strain for some top shelf head stash, but with running such a small grow tent I cant afford to waste the space on plants that don't produce good yields since the smoke goes fast :roorrip:

I just re-read my previous post about the strain and realized that it kinda made it sound harsh for GSC lol! I did not really mean for it to sound like that. The Bud it self is outstanding lol correction noted

I ordered one of those King Cloner's should be coming in the mail tommarow. Looking forward to testing it out!

I also got it worked out with Doc Bud and got a kit on the way. I am planning on pulling my hydro table out after the plants I have currently in veg are down flowering and giving High Brix a shot.

Not sure what strains I am going to grow out yet but Ill take suggestion.

Barneys Farm- Lucy, Critical Kush
Dianafem- Og Kush, Shark Attack, Deep Cheese, White Widow
Freedom of Seeds- Mighty Grape, Freedom Haze, Sugar Mango Ryder
Delicious Seeds- La Bella Afrodita
THSeeds- Sage N sour
Sensi Seeds-Super Skunk
Royal Queen- Power Flower, Royal Medic, Critical
CBD Crew- CBD Shark Shock

and some random regular seeds- White Widow x Skunk #1 and Kerala X Skunk #1

Im also gonna grow out a clone from that CBD plant that I have that is supposedly good. Hard to trust some of these people selling clones sometimes

I hear ya man about the whole user error thing and all the different strains and how they react to different growing styles (I totally agree with this). The GSC strain that I have was a clone that I got from another person and who know's what that person did to the plant or the people before him. The bud itself turned out top notch, but the yield itself is what I was complaining about. I am sure that if I kept growing it and understanding its exact needs that It would be a good strain for some top shelf head stash, but with running such a small grow tent I cant afford to waste the space on plants that don't produce good yields since the smoke goes fast :roorrip: I just re-read my previous post about the strain and realized that it kinda made it sound harsh for GSC lol! I did not really mean for it to sound like that. The Bud it self is outstanding lol correction noted

I know exactly what you mean. Unfortunately my OCD prevents me from throwing strains out. It really hurts my entire grow because I am trying to do so many at once. Trial by fire right? :)

I think it's a smart decision to focus on easy growing high yielding and high quality strains. That's how most commercial operations run and for a good reason. I have a few strains like my lemon Thai Kush that seem to just thrive under anything. Really makes me consider filling a whole tent with them lol

I ordered one of those King Cloner's should be coming in the mail tommarow. Looking forward to testing it out! I also got it worked out with Doc Bud and got a kit on the way. I am planning on pulling my hydro table out after the plants I have currently in veg are down flowering and giving High Brix a shot. Not sure what strains I am going to grow out yet but Ill take suggestion. Barneys Farm- Lucy, Critical Kush Dianafem- Og Kush, Shark Attack, Deep Cheese, White Widow Freedom of Seeds- Mighty Grape, Freedom Haze, Sugar Mango Ryder Delicious Seeds- La Bella Afrodita THSeeds- Sage N sour Sensi Seeds-Super Skunk Royal Queen- Power Flower, Royal Medic, Critical CBD Crew- CBD Shark Shock and some random regular seeds- White Widow x Skunk #1 and Kerala X Skunk #1 Im also gonna grow out a clone from that CBD plant that I have that is supposedly good. Hard to trust some of these people selling clones sometimes

Your gonna love the king cloner. It actually works really well for hydro because your roots are going from hydro to hydro but I've had 100% in soil. Just takes the plants a few more days to recover from the transplant. I'm sure you've read docs instructions but just in case you haven't make sure you go straight from the cloner to 1gal for veg.

Really looking forward to seeing you run his kit. Hoping to get mine soon. Income tax is on the way! :)

Glancing at your strain list my top picks would be:

Critical Kush
Sage 'N Sour
Royal Medic
CBD Shark Shock
White Widow x Skunk #1

Back
Top Bottom